Fame Is Now Injectable

Hang 'Em High

The next week, Nevaeh avoided the men she had become great friends with. She was nervous and excited, but had no idea what to do. She wanted to tell them, but she wasn't sure how they would react. She wasn't good with judgment and thanks to her hormones, she was a crying wreck.

At the present moment, she was pacing her living room waiting for the four men to arrive so she could tell them why she had been avoiding them for the week. Frank had been texting her nonstop, asking if she was alright. She hadn't gotten the courage to reply until today.

She was pulled from her musings at the sound of a knock on her door. Her mother rushed to answer, letting Nevaeh finish chewing her fingernails to nubs.

"Hello! It's so nice to see you four again." Her mother greeted the men in their doorway.

Frank was confused as to why they were being called over to Nevaeh's house after a week of being ignored. He was worried about Nevaeh, but upset with the way she avoided them.

Mikey was a nervous wreck. He was upset that the girl he had come to enjoy being with and talking to had ignored them for a whole week and then decided to invite them round, saying the reason was urgent.

Ray and Gerard were simply excited to see the girl again. For whatever reason she ignored them, she was sure to explain to them today.

"Hi, you guys." Nevaeh whispered, her eyes downcast in embarrassment and nervousness. She wasn't exactly sure how she was going to tell them about the child, but she knew she had to tell them.

It was only fair that they understood the whole reason she had really moved here. She wasn't one for lies, always believing that the truth would hurt less than a web of deceit. She refused to let people, that she believed to be her friends, go without knowing the honest truth.

"Take a seat. Would you like something to drink?" Her mother ushered the men into the living room, all of them staring at Nevaeh. They had never seen her so under dressed. For the short while they had know her, she always made sure to look her absolute best.

The men shook their heads, their eyes still glued to the brunette shifting nervously in front of them. Her mother bit her lip and looked to her daughter for any sign.

"It's okay, mama." Nevaeh said, quietly. "I'll be fine."

Her mother sighed, but nodded, going into the other room. Nevaeh bit her lip, softly, keeping her eyes downcast. She was afraid to look up and see the faces of her friends.

"I'm sure you're all confused to why you're here." She said, pausing to hear their murmurs of agreement. "I have some really important news to tell you. I'm not sure if it will make you hate me or not."

"Well, you don't have to tell us. But, whatever it is, we won't ever hate you." Ray spoke up.

Nevaeh felt tears prickle the corners of her eyes and soon enough, she was hunching over to the force of her sobs. She took the initiative to fall to the floor, sobs wracking her tiny frame, violently.

"Nevaeh? Nevaeh, what's wrong?" the four men rushed to help the girl to her feet and onto the couch.

"I'm pregnant!" She wailed, dropping the bomb in a way that shocked them all. She slapped her hands to her lips, letting tears fall harder. "I'm so sorry."

The men set her on the couch and watched as she began dry heaving, her tears becoming too much for her. Mikey rushed into the kitchen to get her mother and a bottle of water.

Gerard was the first to speak, a leader like tone filling his voice. "Nevaeh, relax. You need to calm down. It's not good for the baby."

Nevaeh nodded, breathing in, deeply, to fill her lungs which felt like collapsing. Gerard rubbed slow circles onto her back as she snatched the bottle from Mikey's outstretched hand and looked up at him, thankfully.

"Now, Nevaeh. Are you okay?" Gerard's tone wasn't condescending. It was a tone you would mostly hear from a mother talking to her distraught child. Nevaeh nodded, the tears still slipping down her flushed cheeks. "Take your time, alright. We're not rushing you."

Nevaeh smiled and took a deep breath, beginning her tale of all tales....
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I honestly appreciate every one of you guys. Shout outs to KyLilly_Kid, livelovelaughPICKLES JustALittleGirl and TodayWasAFairyTale