Blood Runs Cold

Darkness

We ran from the hospital to the store next door. No one was there so we just took what we could fit in our pockets.

"This is stealing." Ty told me, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Well, we need food and I have no money. Sooo if you want to eat, then I would steal." I rummaged threw the cash register. I took all the money and walked around. Then I thought of something.

"Hey, do you guys want to sleep here for the night since no one is around?" I asked looking at all of them.

"Sure why not." They all said. After that I grabbed four sleeping bags and put them in a circle. I heard the automatic doors slide open as a man walked in. He grabbed Luke and open his mouth to revile to fangs on his upper jaw.

"Oh, Shit!" Luke screamed. Ty ran down one of the isles and got a crow bar. She ran back and hit the guy over the head. I looked at her amazed. She hit the man a few more times while he was on the ground. The blood spatter was everywhere even Ty's clothes and a nice pool of blood on the whit tiles.

"Damn." Luke looked up at Ty, "Didn't know you had it in ya kid."

The guy started to move again so Ty took a broom broke it in half and jammed it threw the mans heart. He burst into flames. He ran down the isle toward the camping section and fell in a BBQ pit. Ty was running after him with a UV light but the man was already turned to ash. Ty sighed and turned back towards us.

"I'm glade that's over with." Ty huffed. She sat down on the sleeping bag close to Necko. I put my head on Necko's lap, leaning down towards me he kissed me gently.

"Oh, get a room." Luke turned away in discussed.

"This is a store Luke, there are no rooms" Necko said lifting his head.

"Okay, who has first watch?" Ty questioned

Looking at her confused, "What so you mean?"

"That was a vampire, our town has most likely is invaded. That why the school was nuts, and the teachers weren't there because that was the kids lunch." Ty told us, "I watched a lot of movies, we need to get UV lights, Silver bullets, and wooden stakes. That will kill a vampire, make sure you drop those silver bullets in this." She threw a jug full of holy water at Luke.

"What the hell," Luke looked at her. She looked back with a serious face and he knew she was telling the truth.

"I'll take first watch, y'all get some sleep, next will be Luke and then dusk, the Ty since she already worn out from our encounter." Necko said as everyone fell silent.

Necko put his sleeping bag next to mine and put his arm around me. He kissed the top of my forehead as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Luke woke me up making sure not to bother Necko who's arm was around me. I sat up taking his arm and putting in gently on his chest. Luke went over to his sleeping bag staring at Ty. Gazing with his deep green eyes. He shook his head and laid his head down and went to sleep.

It was around one am when I heard a ruffling outside the doors. We were in the middle of a super store in Northdale. Sleeping in a vampire invested city, wonderful huh?

The doors opened to show a little girl. "Oh, hi little one. What's wrong?" The girl didn't answer. I took a UV light just in case and walked over to her. She screeched at me. Neck,Ty, and Luke all woke up and ran to me. I was holding up the UV light at a pile of ashes.

"I...I killed her." I stuttered. I ran into Necko's arms and started to cry.

"Shh, it's okay." he said gently. he kissed my forehead and his spiked hair hiding my face.

"She was so little and innocent." I cried.

"She was a vampire, you would have died if you didn't do that." Ty told me putting her hand on my shoulder.