Dark Insanity

Chapter 2: Elda

I couldn't remember the last time I had a good dream.
The Demons follow me, filling my heart with rage. Why must I be in this damned place?
Thankfully I wasn't alone, but Rae didn't deserve to be here either.
She had just been sedated, taken back to the nightmares.
*
A nurse came by, and wanted to take Raven to the infirmary before she woke up, but I stepped in front of her.
"Out of the way Elda." she said.
"..no."
My voice sounded almost alien to me.
Since when did I become so serious? I wondered.
The nurse wasted no time and slapped me hard across the face. On instinct, I grabbed her arm and started to crush it when she reached for Rae again.
"You will not touch her, or me again."
I heard a snap, and she started to scream bloody murder.
I quickly shoved her out of the room and into the hall, holding my temptation to strangle her.
After a few moments, another nurse came and slammed my head into the wall, then carrying Raven away, tears filling my eyes.
No...I don't want to be alone here.. I wondered.
This was my last thought before falling into the darkness, wishing the screams away.
*
I was falling into darkness, hands grabbing for me and pulling me farther.
"No!" I screamed.
They laughed at me again, but my bravery stood strong.
A women came toward me, and I realized it was my mother.
She looked at me in horror, calling me a monster who deserved to die.
Her accusations are the last straw for me, and I surrender to the peace that followed, clearing my head of it all.