Status: Sorry guys, Loki's really taking controll of my life right now.

Nothing Can Compare in This World to You

Band Practice

"There's no point in arguing," I told myself and tried my best not to throw a tantrum while going up the stairs to my room, where I had just been grounded to for the rest of winter break. And for a stupid reason too.

I closed and locked my bedroom door and made my way over to my window after grabbing a coat from my closet as I went. I broke as much ice off of the roof as I could before getting on it so I wouldn't slide off and break my neck or freeze my jeans to the roof.

I sat down, pulling my knees to my chest and stared down my shins at my shoes. Within minutes I was freezing from the harsh wind blowing directly at me. I wanted to go get a bigger coat but I was too lazy and already half frozen anyways.

"Taryn!?" someone shouted and scared me, thinking it was Darryl. I quickly looked up and spotted Zacky in the street. I held my index finger up to my lips, signaling to be quite, and hopped Darryl didn't hear him.

"What are you doing?" he asked quieter, but loud enough to hear.

"I just got grounded," I said back and let my legs slide away from my body, letting the ice cold wind hit my jacket covered abdomen.

"You? Grounded? Your kidding, you're like the perfect kid!" he told me.

I rolled my eyes at him and picked at the blue nail polish Rebecca had put on my nails last weekend when I spent the night at her and Rachael's house. "Not to my step dad," I told him, a hint of pure loathe in my voice.

"For how long?"

"'Till we go back to school."

"Jesus, why'd you get grounded for almost two weeks?"

"Talking with a tone he didn't like."

Zacky just stared at me for a few seconds and then said, "Should I go smash his face in?"

"Zacky," I said and smiled thinking he was joking.

"I'm fucking dead serious," he said and walked forward a bit onto the front lawn. Quickly lost my smile and stared at him. "What? That’s bullshit grounding your kid for using a tone you don't like."

"I'm not his kid," I said almost.

"Then he can't ground you."

"He just did."

"So?" he asked and we were silent. "Come with me he suddenly said."

"What?"

"Come to my band practice."

"I cant I'm-"

"If you're goanna get grounded do something that’s actually worth getting grounded," he told me.

"Zacky, I can't..."

"Please?" he asked and pouted.

I drummed my fingers against the roof top and finally decided to just go with him since I was already grounded for winter break. "Fine," I said and scooted over to the edge of the roof.

"Need help?" he asked and hurried over to the porch rail that I was going to use to get down.

"I should be fine," I said and jumped down onto the railing. It was a bit slippery and Zacky's hands shot up to my waist to steady me though I would've been fine without him, like I said. I blushed but it didn't make much of a difference because I'm sure my nose and cheeks were red from the cold and wind.

We rushed out of my front yard and started walking down my street.

"You sure it's alright that I'm with you?" I asked him as we reached the house where I had watched Zacky's band practice a few months before.

"Yeah, it's fine," he said and lead me up the driveway towards the garage where I could see Matt, Jimmy, Matt's girlfriend (either Val or Michelle because I haven't bothered to remember who was dating who though the twins looked different enough to tell apart), and another blonde tall girl that didn't look much older than me.

"Aww look, Zacky brought his little freshmen with," Jimmy said, noticing us coming up the driveway first. Matt laughed at the fake sweet voice Jimmy had used and turned to look at us.

I folded my arms across my chest, feeling uncomfortable, and continued to follow Zacky into the slightly warmer garage.

"Shut up guys," Zacky said with a smile and practically shoved me down onto an old green couch in between Matt's girlfriend and the blonde girl.

"Oh is Zacky protecting his freshmen?" Jimmy said in the same voce.

"Shut up butt face!" the blonde yelled at him and received a raspberry. She rolled her eyes and turned to me, "hi I'm Amy," she said and offered her hand.

"Taryn," I said a little shy and shook her hand.

"Oh my God! Your name's beautiful! I'm naming my daughter after you," she said very enthusiastically and pretty much everyone stopped to look at us.

"Thank you..." I said quietly not really knowing what to do.

Matt slowly walked over and stood in front of Amy.

"What?" Amy asked him in a less happy tone.

"What the fuck was that supposed to mean?" Matt asked her obviously pissed.

"It means that Taryn's name is fucking gorgeous and I'm going to name my fucking kid after her. I'm not fucking pregnant yet 'cause I kinda want to get through school first, if you don't mind," Amy snapped back at Matt and I realized then they were siblings, due to experience with Tevon and Trisha. Amy then stood up and stormed out of the garage.

Matt stared after her then turned to me. "Is she pregnant?" he asked and I was completely confused. I looked over at his girlfriend, hoping maybe she could help me since Zacky and Jimmy were laughing too hard.

"Matt she doesn't even know your sister, how the hell is she supposed to know if Amy's pregnant?" she asked him.

"Right," he said and turned around to yell at Zacky and Jimmy for some reason.

Thank you," I said to his girlfriend and she nodded and looked past me at the sound of car doors closing.

"Really? You're late because you had to blow him?" Val asked and I turned to see Brian and his girlfriend getting out of a car parked out on the street. Brian was in the process of buttoning his pants and his girlfriend was spitting something white out into the road. I pulled my legs up to my chest and rested my head on my knees to hide my embarrassment and uncomfortableness.

"Look! Zacky's freshman is here!" I heard Brian say, ignoring Matt's girlfriend's statement.

"Oh God," I muttered to myself and glanced back up.

"Brian, shut up and go get me something to drink," His girlfriend told him and he did as he was told.

"Whipped[/]," I heard Jimmy cough as Brian walked past him and he flipped Jimmy off before disappearing into the house.

Brian's girlfriend sat down in Amy's old seat on the couch, turned to me and said, "Sorry about the guys, they're way immature. Anyways I'm Michelle," she smiled and, thankfully, didn't offer her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Taryn," I replied shyly.

"That’s such a pretty name-"

"No!"

"Don't!"

Matt's girlfriend, Val, and Zacky yelled, cutting Michelle off.

"Hold Jesus," Matt grumbled and rolled his eyes.

I couldn't help but smile as Brian came rushing back with two six packs of coke asking, "What? What happened?"

Zacky quickly stole two of the cans of soda from Brian and tossed one to me, which I caught before it hit my face.

"Dude! Those are Michelle's!" Brian yelled at Zacky as Matt stole another two for himself and Val.

"I said soda not sodas," Michelle teased and took a coke for herself. Brian rolled his eyes, muttering and threw, yes he literally threw, a can at Jimmy who attacked it with his drumsticks and it flew out onto the driveway and exploded.

Jimmy gave a sort of "animalistic" yell as us girls on the couch started choking on our coke from laughing.

"Do that again!" Brian said through his laughter and threw another coke. This one broke open and sprayed most of the garage before it bounced off into the lawn.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Amy asked, reappearing from inside the house, and stealing one of the cokes.

"Getting' all wet'n'sticky," Zacky laughed and Amy glared at him.

"Well mom says to stop because you scared her and she dropped a glass in the kitchen," Amy said and squeezed between myself and Michelle on the couch.

"That wasn't fright, that was-"

"Stop before I hurt you," Matt warned Jimmy and he shut up quickly, taking a coke to actually drink this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever to get out and sorry (to lirix) that this took a little longer than i though to get out from last weekend. But its longer than most of the other chapters and, In my oppinion, this one was pretty funny =]