Status: Sorry guys, Loki's really taking controll of my life right now.

Nothing Can Compare in This World to You

Denial

Trisha sat besides me on the couch in the living room picking at her nails as she let out a sigh. I glanced over at her and rolled my eyes at how impatient she looked. She had to call her boyfriend (I'm guessing by how she whined on the phone) and tell him that she couldn't be picked up because Mom and Darryl wanted to talk to us. I could hear them coming down the stairs into the living room where we were sat and I looked up too see them.

"So why are we being kept here?" Trisha asked rudely with her arms crossed.

"We have to tell you something sweetie," mom replied to her and I automatically thought 'Oh God, don't be pregnant'. "Darryl's gotten a promotion at work."

"Oh hooray, can we go now?" Trisha asked impatiently, the fact that last time Darryl got a promotion we had to move completely flying over her head.

"Not yet, listen to your mom," Darryl scolded her and she pouted and shut up.

"Well, we're mo-"

"No," I said cutting her off. We're not moving, not when I finally make friends.

"Honey-"

"We have to, Darryl-"

"Can get a new job!" I said standing up. I am not moving again.

"Taryn, sit your ass down and listen to your mother!" Darryl shouted at me and before I could do anything Trisha was standing too.

"Don't tell my little sister what to do you selfish pig!" she yelled at him and took hold of my arm and dragged me over to the door where our backpacks were. "C'mon Taryn, were leaving," she told me and we left before mom or Darryl could do anything about it.
Trisha didn't let go of me until we were out of the neighborhood and at the first of two traffic lights on our way to school.

"Goddamnit I need to get to school!" Trisha yelled at the red light in front of us. "Why are you so calm?!" she rounded on me when the light did not change for her.

"'Cause I'm not moving," I stated plainly.

"You're really in denial, aren't you?" she asked and I looked over at her, noticing her eye makeup running a bit.

"This isn't happening," I muttered and crossed the street as the light finally turned green. I kept walking until the next stoplight and let my sister catch up as I waited for another red light. By now I was almost in as bad of shape as my sister. The more I told myself I wasn't moving the less I believed it.

We stood in silence for a few seconds, waiting for a green light before Trisha asked, "How long do you think we have?"

"I don't know," I answered and stared at my shoes. Trisha sighed next to me and we started walking again at a slower than usual pace.

As we reached the front parking lot of the school Trisha said, "Fuck I need my friends right now," and left without another word.

"Taryn!" I heard someone shout my name and I looked over in the direction it came from. There I saw Zacky, Matt, Val, Michelle, Brian, and Jimmy in their usual spot in the front parking lot before school.

Obviously they wanted me to go over to them but, unlike Trisha, I didn't want to be with my friends right now. I waved with a fake smile and hurried inside the school gates to be alone.

"Oh dis, Zack, dis," I heard Jimmy say as I disappeared into the crowd of high schoolers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for something so short =[
I really wanted to update sooner than this and figured this would have to do.