Status: Sorry guys, Loki's really taking controll of my life right now.

Nothing Can Compare in This World to You

Laundromat

"I look ridiculous in this thing..."

"Shut up, you're fine."

"Look at me though! I'm not fine this is horrible, the front is too short."

"Have you seen any of the dresses I've picked for myself? You're fine, sis."

"The bow looks retarded..."

"Stop putting yourself down and get the hell out of here for mom to see."

I turned around to stare at my Trisha, who had just tied the top of the ridiculous halter dress I had on. The dress she was zipping up was short and strapless and fit her tightly, but it didn't look like it was too small. I was jealous. Every dress she had tried on this day fit her perfectly, I had no idea why she hated them. The ones she picked out for me didn't however, mostly they were too big for my chest or butt. Or they were too tight around my waist, since I wasn't as curvy as my sister. I pretty much resembled a plank of wood in a dress.

"Go! Go, Taryn, hurry!" Trisha said and grabbed ahold of my shoulders, pushing me out of the dressing room. When mom saw us she smiled, and I couldn't tell if she was actually happy of if she was trying to be nice. But then again she was a mother.

"Well? What do you think?" Trisha asked, stepping out from behind me and twirling, though the fabric of her dress clung tight to her skin. If I, on the other hand, pulled a move like that my dress would go flying in every which direction.

"I think your stepfather would freak out," Mom laughed at her and Trisha crossed her arms. I remained standing silently in my spot. "Over the both of you," she continued, shifting her eyes to me.

"Oh come on! You're the one lying to him with those fake dresses you took pictures of!" Trisha argued. Mom in fact had taken pictures of two dresses that Trisha and I had worn first that were "Darryl approved". Neither her nor Darryl would be in town the night of the prom so Trisha had managed to talk mom into lying about the dresses so he wouldn't flip over either of us. I honestly didn't think I'd have to worry but boy was I wrong.

"But look how low cut that halter is on your sister," Mom pointed out and I immediately tried to pull the top of the dress up.

"Stop it," Trisha told me and swatted my hands away. "She doesn't even have boobs its fine mom."

"Hey!" I said in defense but deep down I knew she was right. Trisha only laughed as mom shook her head.

"Do you even like the dress Taryn?" Mom asked me.

"She loves it," Trisha answered for me.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do, stop being a brat Tar."

"But I'm-"

"Shut up. You look fine, Zack's gunna flip when he sees you," Trisha told me and immediately sent me blushing like crazy. "I swear on our lives that these dresses are the ones we're wearing to prom," Trisha turned back to our mom with a confident smile.

With a final sigh and glance back at me, Mom nodded.

---

Later on that night I was trying to complete an extra credit assignment for both myself and Zacky. He had no idea I was doing these for him but seriously he needed all the help he could get and I couldn't expect him to do anything for himself. Anyways I'd been doing these for him almost a month now and Mrs. Pagini had no idea, all I had to do was write with my left instead of right hand, which wasn't surprising because Zacky's a lefty anyways.

"Taryn!" I suddenly heard my sister scream, throwing herself through my previously closed door, slamming it shut behind her again in another second.

"Yeah?" I asked, taking in her appearance with a bit of shock. She looked ruined, completely. She was crying hysterically and her black eyeliner and mascara was smudged all over her face, not to mention her hair was all over the place.

"You can't... You aren't allowed to go to prom!" She almost yelled at me, pointing a shaky finger at me. She really looked like a mad woman.

"Why...?" I was hesitant of asking.

"You can't go to a prom before me! I-I'm older than you! It... it... it ain't right!"

I could only blink at her, wondering what the hell she was talking about. I moved my math papers into my book and set it aside on my bed, sitting up a bit straighter and then asked her exactly what I was thinking.

"Trish, what the hell are you talking about?"

"You can't g-go to prom without me. Not b-before m-me. No, you c-can't," she cried, still pointing at me. She looked like a dangerous mix of homicidal and hysterical. She almost did scare me.

"I'm not, you're going too remember?" I asked her.

"Don't mock me!" she literally screamed at me before collapsing to her knees and crying on my floor, "Don't mock me... don't..."

"Um... Honestly, you're scaring me, what the hells going on?" I asked after some hesitation.

"I... I got fucking dumped Taryn," she cried still. "I can't go to prom as a third wheel! It's in under a week, how am I supposed to get another date that soon?" She asked me and I actually wanted to slap her. There were plenty of guys that would jump off a cliff to even go on a single date with her.

"I-I mean, My friends will laugh at me if I go without my boyfriend! I'll have to stay with you and... and..." she couldn't finish her sentence. Like going with me and Zacky was that bad.

"Honestly, can you stop and think about how badly you're overreacting? You aren't even a senior, you'll go to another prom," I told her.

"I am not overreacting! My life is ruined!"

"Uh huh..." I said. Maybe her coming with me and Zacky would be bad after all, he probably would've slapped my sister by now. Any of the guys would. Except...

"Trisha I can get you a date."

"What?" she immediately sat up from her slumped position on my carpet.

"I-um... Well... how... desperate are you?"

"Taryn I'm fucking dying."

"But like... how desperate are you?"

"I'd go with a motherfucking midget Taryn!"

I smiled at her reply. Jimmy definitely wasn't a midget but if I could convince him to go with my sister, which shouldn't be hard, he'd be equally as eye-catching. "I think I can help you then, just promise me you won't back out."

"I... I was kidding about the midget Taryn! Oh my fucking God."

"No," I laughed. "He isn't a midget."

"What is he then, what’s he look like?"

"Um..." I said and tried to think of how to describe Jimmy to her. "He's... uh... a senior. Pretty tall. Kinda skinny... um... funny. Oh he's got blueish eyes." I said. Somehow I forgot to mention his hair looked like he'd been electrified, his favorite thing to wear was a bathrobe and fluorescent socks, and he was generally not very nice to under class men. Or that he was psycho. Oh well.

Trisha almost smiled at me. "You think this kid will actually wanna go with me?"

"I'd bet my thumbs on it," I smiled, giving her two thumbs up. It was something lame Zacky did to me once and I never quite understood him but he did make me feel better. I on the other hand just felt lame.

"Okay..." Trisha said and stood from my floor as I got off my bed.

"Just... uh... I gotta make the phone call ok? I'll let you know by tomorrow."

"What am I supposed to do til then?!" Trisha looked miserable all over again.

"Take a shower and get all that smeared makeup off your face? And fix your hair maybe?" I suggested but obviously didn't help her any.

"Yeah, I'll just take a bath with the toaster," I heard her mumble as we walked out of my room and she walked into hers. I went downstairs and to the phone. I sat down on the couch, picking up the phone and dialing Matt Sander's number. I actually have no idea of how to get ahold of Jimmy, and I've never had Zacky's number so this was my only hope of talking to Jimmy tonight.

It rang twice before the line was hurriedly picked up, judging from the voice by Matt himself, saying, "Look Brian, unless there are actually fully nude strippers at this gig I'm not going. I don't care how much beer there is or if the kid's parents trained elephants for the motherfucking circus. Nude chicks is all I'd go for. And they can't be fat either, you know how I like skinny-"

"Uh, Matt?" I asked, trying to find a pause in his talking.

"...Who is this?" Matt asked after a silence, almost unsure of himself now.

"This is Taryn," I said.

"Oh shit Tar bear! I think I was actually scared for a second. Thought you were Syn."

"I could tell," I laughed. "Whats this you were saying about strippers?"

"Uh... nothing. It was nothing. Nothing."

"Sure... So uh, is Zacky there with you?"

"Nah, he left 'bout an hour ago with Rev to the laundry mat."

"Oh..."

"Why?"

"I uh... kind wanted to talk to Jimmy about something."

"You wanted to talk to Rev? Seriously? You feelin' okay bear?"

"Yeah I just had a question for him concerning taking my sister to the prom."

"Seriously?"

"Yes seriously," I laughed.

"I think your sister is the only thing that would actually get him to go, we've been bugging him for weeks," Matt laughed. "You wanna go down and ask him? They won't answer the phone this late.

"Uh... I-I guess so."

"Okay. I'll jump in some clothes and meet you somewhere."

"You're naked?" I asked, slightly bemused.

"Maybe," he replied and I could almost see him winking. I rolled my eyes as he continued with, "Meet you at the corner by fifth?"

"Uh sure. See you soon."

"Okay, bye Tar bear."

Where Matt wanted to meet me wasn't really in between our houses, though it was equally as far away. But still both of us would have to walk almost a block to get there, and it was almost nine thirty. I shoulda asked if I could have met him at his house instead, or vice versa.

But I was too shy for that.

I was also too nervous to be waiting for Matt twenty minutes later where he had told me. I tried not to walk fast but I still managed to get there before him. Outside was pretty dead but still it just felt creepy standing under a dim street light waiting for Matt.

"Tar bear," I heard called out and I turned in the direction of Matt's voice.

"You want me raped and killed don't you?" I asked as she leisurely walked up to me under the light. He was wearing a dark hoodie and basketball shorts, and honestly looked like he rolled out of bed just now.

"Eh maybe," he smiled at me, his dimples showing, and scratched his head. "Scared?"

"Eh, maybe," I copied in a low voice, looking down.

Matt chuckled at me and put a arm around my shoulders, turning me around and walking me down the dark street towards the Laundromat.

"Nobody's gunna fuck with me, don't worry. Unless they have tigers."

"Tigers?"

"Yeah, fuck that. I don't fight tigers."

"Whats up with you and circus animals tonight?" I asked him quietly.

"Fuckin' Syn. Don't worry about it," he lightly squoze my shoulder as we walked and smiled down at me.

Soon Matt had walked me into a deserted shopping center and straight up to a closed laundromat. I hardly believed that Zacky and Jimmy were inside, it was too dark and quiet.
Until Matt loudly banged on the locked entrance. He waited a moment for a reply but nothing happened. "Hey guys!" he yelled and banged on the door again.

"You sure they’re here?" I asked him quietly, and he turned to look at me, pulling me into him, replacing his arm around my shoulders.

"They're here, just scared."

"Scared?"

"Of the police," Matt laughed and banged on the door once again with his other fist. "Come on! Its Shads and Taryn. Let us the fuck in!" As soon as my name was mentioned I saw Zacky's head poke out of the back room to look at Matt and I. Jimmy appeared next to him a second later, rushing to let us both in.

"What the fuck are you doing, making so much noise?" he asked us quietly, letting us in before locking the entrance behind us. I saw Zacky smile at me, though it was dark, as Matt led me over to him, Jimmy following us.

"Taryn has some very interesting shit to say to you Rev," Matt smiled matter of factly.

"Get your fucking arm off her," Zacky said, pushing Matt away from me before replacing him.

"Yeah? What about? Doubt I'm interested," Jimmy said as we all walked into the back room and sat down on the floor.

"It's about Trisha," Matt laughed.

"Fuck you Shadows," Jimmy laughed back, flipping off his friend.

"It is though," I added quietly.

"Okay, seriously. Fuck you," Jimmy said, his laughter ceasing.

"Fuck of Rev," Zacky said in my defense.

"Just keep your freshman in line," Jimmy replied.

"She is in fucking line. She's fine."
I glanced over at Matt, who had started laughing again over the two fighting. "Just tell him what you told me," Matt laughed.

"What did she tell you?" Both Jimmy and Zacky asked at the same time.

"Well... Trisha's boyfriend dumped her," I said, looking back to Jimmy.

"Bullshit," Jimmy replied, almost before I finished talking.

"It's true," Matt butted in.

"You believe her?" Jimmy asked him.

"Of course he does," Zacky answered for him, "I dunno why you don't."

Jimmy only glared at Zacky.

"But... yeah. She flipped out and said I couldn't go to prom without her because she's older than me. So I offered to find her a date," I finished smiling at Jimmy.

“So?” Jimmy asked, looking completely bored with the subject already.

“So… She’s single now.”

“So?” Jimmy asked again.

“So…” I began again. I didn’t know how to tell him that he needed to take my sister to prom or she’d kill herself. Or me.

“So Trisha’s fuckin’ single now dipshit,” Zacky laughed.

“Fuckin’ so? I ain’t got no chance with her.” Jimmy told Zacky point blank.

“She needs a date to prom though. She’s desperate.”

“Oh that makes me feel so good about myself,” Jimmy said spitefully and looked away from everyone.

“Come on bro, ask her out,” Matt said encouragingly but he look on his face was easy to read, he thought this situation was hysterical.

“You don’t even need to ask her ut, I told her You’d take her already,” I said quietly and Jimmy looked back to me, wide eyed.

“Why in the fuck would you say that?!”

“Because you’ve wanted to fuck her the minute she moved to Huntington!” Zacky pointed out.

“Shut he fuck up Vengeance,” Jimmy told Zacky. “Anyways she hates me. Fuckin’ did you say my name to her before she agreed to go with me?”

“…Not exactly… No...”

“Then she won’t go with me. No matter how desperate she is.”

“Won’t you just say yes instead of being so pessimistic and spiteful?” I asked and all three guys stared at me for being so forward.

After a few moments of silence Jimmy finally spoke… “Alright fine. But I can’t promise she’ll want to go with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Really nothing to say except I thought this one was really cute.