Status: Sorry guys, Loki's really taking controll of my life right now.

Nothing Can Compare in This World to You

Such a Big Deal

"Taryn!" Rachael yelled, snapping me out of my trance.

"Huh? What?" I asked stupidly.

"I asked what were doing for your birthday. Its next week isn't it?" she asked.

"Yeah what are we doing?" Michael asked, looking up from my front lawn that we were sitting on.

"I don't know, isn't it on a Thursday?" I asked.

"Yeah the twenty-first is a school night," Rebecca confirmed.

"Then we'll do something that weekend. Is Trevor coming to town?" Her sister asked and both of the twin's eyes lit up. They both had a major crush on my brother. I heard Michael sigh and he rolled his dark eyes.

"I think he is, I'm not sure," I said and tried not to laugh when the twins made excited squealing noises.

"Hey, isn't that the jerk who tried to pour soda on your head Rach?" Michael asked and directed our attention down the road to a group of guys. Indeed the one in the orange bathrobe was the guy who tried to pour soda all over Rachael. The other two guys were Syn, who came up in another of my conversations with Zacky in math and finally, with his pierced lips and green eyes, was none other than Zacky himself.

"Oh God it is," Rachael said and the twins looked like they were going to try and get inside before they saw us.

Too late. As soon as they both stood up Zacky looked over and we locked eyes for about a second before Syn spotted us too.

He let out a laugh and pointed us out to Rev, "Look its Zacky's little freshmen!"

A wicked smile crept across Rev's face as they kept walking closer to us. "Now I know where you live," he whispered so quietly I practically had to read his lips. Rachael and Rebecca were already to the front porch, and Michael was close behind him but I stayed on my spot in my front lawn.

"Dude I told you to leave them the fuck alone!" Zacky yelled at him.

"Just because their your-"

"You to, shut the fuck up!" Zacky yelled at Syn.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Syn asked him and walked away with a scowling Rev. Zacky remained in the road in front of my house, now only the sidewalk separating me from him.

"Sorry about them," he said quietly and shoved his hands deep in his pockets, "I can try and keep them away from your house but I can't make any promises."

"It's fine, I mean what's the worst they can do? Smash all the windows?" I joked like my house's windows' being smashed out was no big deal.

"You don't know Rev..." he sighed. He was acting like he had failed miserably at something.
"I feel bad for him though. Does he really live in a laundry mat?"

"Yeah he does...I better catch up to them before they get in some kind of trouble..." he said.
My heart sank at his words but I smiled and nodded none the less.

"See you in math on Monday, Tar," he said and waved. He never used my nickname before and if the sky wasn't filled with fiery reds and rosy pink he probably would've noticed me blushing. I turned around to see my friends standing on my porch staring at me with their mouths slightly open.

I was about to ask what their problem was when I heard Zacky shout my name from a house or two away. I turned back to look at him.

He was jogging back, which for some reason was funny and I tried to suppress my laugh. "This is goanna sound a bit eavesdropper-ish but your birthday is on Saturday?" he asked, slightly out of breath for jogging from just two or three houses away.

"Yeah, why?" I asked and took a small step towards him.

"Oh, no real reason," he said in such a tone he made me expect something. "See you later," he smiled and then hurried back down the street. I watched him until he turned a corner and then came face to face with Rebecca and Rachael.

"What the hell was that?" Rachael asked.

"What? We were just talking."

"Why did he call you Tar? Only we call you that." Rebecca backed her sister up. Michael cautiously made his way across the lawn and over to us.

"He's never called me that until just now. He probably heard you guys calling me that," I said and started towards my front door.

"Yeah that’s a bit stalkerish. And what the hell was that with your birthday?" Rachael continued, hurrying in front of me again.

"Why are you guys making this such a big deal?"

"It is a big deal! Zachary Baker wants in a freshman's pants! Your pants Tar!" Rebecca said, standing by her twin. I looked over at Michael for help but he just shrugged.

"It's not a big deal, if he does want in my pants he'll give up soon and move to some other chick. I don't know why he'd want me anyways."

Both twins went off at once with their opinions.

"To Show-"

"Jesus Tar-"

"That he can-"

"You're really pretty-"

"Have anybody he wants-"

"You just need some makeup-"

"Even some freshmen like you."

"And better clothes."

I rolled my eyes at both of them as the front door opened and my mom appeared from its threshold.

"Dinner is ready you guys, come in and wash up!" she called and the twins sighed as we all made our way into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]