Status: Sorry guys, Loki's really taking controll of my life right now.

Nothing Can Compare in This World to You

Happy Birthday

The rain had finally quit by the time school was over and little blotches of sun were spread across the campus as I started walking home. Today had turned out the exact opposite that I thought it would. And Zacky was the best part (even though the new seats we got in Math had us sitting on the complete opposite sides of the room). His face was priceless when he walked into math, and the teacher had to make him sit down because he was sort of frozen in place.

I smiled to myself at that thought and walked across the street from the school. I started walking towards the direction of my house when I noticed a car pull up beside me. I slowed up to glance at it and recognized it as Zacky's.

He had rolled down the passenger side window and said, "If you can get in my car I'll give you a ride home," with a huge smile on his face. He was still moving about a mile per hour since he was still in the road and a couple cars were behind him, acting very impatient. I knew I wouldn’t be able to open the car door even if he wasn't moving so I shoved my backpack in the open window and then climbed in after it. He cocked his eyebrow and I smiled at him.

"You don't talk a lot when you're not teaching math do you?" he asked and sped up to a normal speed. I shook my head and he glared playfully at me. "Fine. I'll make you talk. What are you doing today fro your birthday?"

"Nothing, Mom and Darryl are on some business trip and Trisha is staying at her boyfriend's house."

"Nothing?! You're doing nothing on your birthday?"

"Well... yeah... but I'm doing something on Saturday...I told you..."

"I don’t care about Saturday, it isn't your birthday," he paused and thought a moment then took a completely random turn at the next light.

"Where are we going?" I asked a bit nervously.

"Wal Mart," he said simply and pulled into Wal Mart's parking lot.

"Why Wal Mart?" I asked and he parked.

"'Cause we need a cake so I can ruin your body," he said and got out of the car. I fought back a blush as he told me to stay in the car and he left. I sat in his car, like he told me too, for around ten minutes before he came back with a chocolate cake and a small plastic Wal Mart bag.

He awkwardly got in the car while holding the cake and balancing the small bag on top of it. He closed the door and sat there, balancing the cake on top of the steering wheel. "Well this will be an interesting drive," he said and I silently offered to take the cake. He grabbed the bad of the top and then handed me the cake. He then stuffed the bag in his pants pocket, noticing me watching with slight query.

"What's in the bag Zacky?" he asked himself in a girlish tone, "None of your business 'till we get to your house Taryn," he then answered himself. "You know you can talk right?" he then asked me, turning the car on. I nodded and looked down at the cake in my lap.

"Then I'm not leaving until you say something," he said stubbornly and turned the car back off.

"Like what?" I asked quietly.

"I dunno anything."

I thought a second and hen said, "You kinda really suck at math," and then looked over at him.

"Listen here lady," he smiled and turned the car back on," just because I suck at algebra doesn't mean I suck at all math."

"Oh really? Then how do you find the circumference of a circle?"

"Uh..." he thought for a couple of seconds and then playfully glared at me."You can't ask me complicated math problems of pretend circles while I'm driving."

"Sorry," I said sarcastically and we both laughed.

"Where do I park?" He asked some time later when we were driving up to my house.

"I dunno, anywhere," I told him and he stopped in the middle of the road and put his car in park. He looked over at me and I sighed and said "Driveway," knowing he was dead serious about parking in the middle of the road if I wasn't decisive. He put the car back in drive and then parked it in my driveway.

"Do you wanna crawl out the window or would you like me to open the door for you?" he then asked.

"Would you kindly open the door for me?" I asked.

"Manners," he muttered and then got out of his car and went around to open the door for me.

"Thank you," I said and got out of his car with both my backpack and the cake. He took the cake from me so I could dig through my backpack for the house key. Sometimes I didn't see the point in this, especially when I would come home after Trisha had left because she never locks the door. I decided to test the door this time since I wasn't having any luck in finding my key and of course it was locked. Great.

"Wait here," I told Zacky as I dropped my backpack.

"Why?" he asked, "Where are you going?"

I didn't answer him but just used the railing on the porch to boost myself up onto the roof so I could get in through my window. Just like how Trisha never locks doors, except for this one time, I never lock my window so if I needed to get into my house I could.

I climbed into my room and saw my keys sitting on top of my dresser. I smirked at them and then hurried downstairs to let Zacky in.

"Something tells me you're not as innocent as you look," he said eying me as I opened the door. I shrugged, smiling slightly, and grabbed my backpack. "Nice place," he said looking around the living room.

"You can put the cake in the kitchen I guess..." I told Zacky.

"Why? We're goanna eat it in here while we watch scary movies," he stated and sat down on the bigger couch across from the television.

"We're goanna eat cake without forks and plates?" I asked and he looked down at the cake he had placed in his lap.

"Yes," he replied to me with a big smile a couple seconds later. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I headed for the kitchen to get us plates and forks. When I turned around to go back out to the living room with them I ran into Zacky and scared the crap out of myself.

"A little jumpy?" he asked me holding the plates that he saved from being smashed on the tile floor.

"When you sneak up on me like that yes," I said and tried to take the plates back but he wouldn't let go. I looked up into his face ready to say something but once our eyes met my lips lost the words.

I looked away quickly and my lips recovered my previously lost words. "Fine, you carry the plates," I said and walked out of the kitchen. Zacky audibly smirked and followed me back into the living room. I sat down on the same couch Zacky was sitting on earlier and waited for him to join me. He found some TV channel that was having some sort of scary movie marathon since it was only ten days from Halloween. We ran out of cake about two hours in so I would make us popcorn every other hour until about eleven thirty at night.

"Jesus, I should leave," Zacky said stretching as the move we were watching ended.

"Yeah it's late," I yawned and stood up with him.

"Do you need help cleaning up?" he asked referring to the empty cake container and numerous popcorn bags littering the coffee table.

"No, it won't be that hard to pick up," I said scanning over the mess.

"Alright," he yawned and we walked to the door. We stopped outside and I smiled at him.

"Close your eyes," he said and my smile faltered a bit.

"Why?" I asked.

"Trust me; I have a surprise for you," he said and I obeyed and closed my eyes. Two seconds layer I felt his hands around my neck and I half expected him to kiss me until I felt a tiny cold chain being fastened around my neck.

I opened my eyes as soon as I felt his hands pull away. I looked at him first before looking down at the necklace and saw a small silver star hanging off of a matching silver chain. "Aww, Zacky thank you," I said and hesitated about half a second before hugging him.

My smile grew when he hugged me back and said,"It's nothing really." I pulled away from him and watched his get in his car.

"Goodnight!" he yelled from his car and I waved before going inside and giggling uncontrollably. My birthday was fun after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooook.
So.
I was going to put this out yesterday but my computer was having problems with Word so I couldn't type anything. So I figured I'd just put this out after i got out of school today. Well I didn't go to school, I went to the ER so I could finally get better after being sick for almost two weeks (oh btw I'm sick, just to let you know ;]).
I guess the giant pills and cough syrup they gave me makes me sleepy so I ended up sleeping the whole day and I'm finally just getting to this.
Jeez I'm behind on updating...
At least this updates longer than they have been for this story =D
The Necklace