Status: Sorry guys, Loki's really taking controll of my life right now.

Nothing Can Compare in This World to You

Studdy Buddies

I quickly grabbed my backpack and took the stairs two at a time, cursing myself for not going to bed until earlier this morning and causing myself to over sleep.

"Taryn!" I heard mom call from in the kitchen with Darryl and my older brother Tevon. Trisha had probably already gotten a ride from one of her friends to school.

I stared at the front door, just feet in front of me knowing that if I ran I could possibly make it to my first hour on time. But I would have to leave right this second. I sighed and turned around to go into the kitchen.

"Yes mom?" I asked and noticed Trisha was in the kitchen. I looked at her a bit confused and then turned to my mother.

"Sit down and have some breakfast honey," she told me.

I tried not to giver her a look like she was crazy and said, "Mom, I'm going to be late for school."

"No, Hun I can drive you today, now sit and have some breakfast," she demanded in her sweet voice and I dropped my bag by the fridge and made myself a bowl of Pops.

Ten minutes later I grabbed my bag from beside the fridge and followed mom, Trisha and Tevon, since he was leaving later today to go to his station back in Korea. Why the heck they had him stationed there I have no idea but in case you were wondering Tevon is in the military. It took mom maybe five minutes to drive us to school.

"Bye," I heard Trisha mutter and I saw her perfect chocolate curls of hair disappear into the crowd.

"Bye mom, thanks for the ride," I said and opened the car door.

"Your welcome Hun," she told me and I got out and was greeted by Tevon's arms.

I hugged him back as he told me, "Behave kid."

"I'm not the sister you have to worry about," I told him.

I saw him scan the crowded front of the school looking for Trisha.

A pair of brilliant green eyes caught my attention, instantly recognizing them as Zacky's, and a smile danced on my cheeks. He smiled back at me and I noticed myself unconsciously playing with the necklace he gave me. He suddenly looked a bit uncomfortable and turned away back to his group of friends. My smile fell from my face and noticed my older brother eyeing Zacky.

"Tevon!" I said and lightly pushed him.

"Who is that?" he asked.

"Nobody, now go," I said hastily and opened the car door but he quickly closed it. Mom looked quite confused.

"Who's that guy Taryn?" he questioned me and then took the small star pendant in his fingers and held it in front of me.

I quickly swatted his hand away and clasped the star in my fist, holding it to my chest. "He's just a guy; he gave this to me for my birthday!"

Zacky was now looking back over at me, along with his friends. Tevon looked over at all of them and sighed. "Fine," he said and finally got in the car.

"By Tevon," I said and the bell telling the students to get to class rang. Mom drove out of the parking lot and I hastily made my way to my first hour.

~~~

I shoved my pencil, note book and algebra book into my bag and hurried out the door to find Rachael and Rebecca since Michael was buying us food today.

"Taryn, wait up," I heard someone call and I turned around to see Zacky following me. I stopped and made my way out of the stream of people so he could catch up with me.

"Who was that guy in the parking lot?" he asked when he was close enough. He didn't look too happy and I furrowed my brows. He didn't look this agitated in math just a few seconds ago.

"That was my brother," I told him calmly and took a small step away from him.

"You have a brother?" he asked in an unbelieving tone.

"Yeah, he's in the army, stationed in Korea. I dunno why but I thought I told you he was going to be in town this weekend for my birthday," I said and Zacky looked a bit more at ease.

"Oh..." was all he said.

"Yeah, remember?"

"Sorry," he said and started playing with one of his lip rings. "Well... anyways I'm failing math," he told me and I started laughing, though I tried not to. "It's not funny! This stuff is hard!"

"No it isn't, if you'd pay attention," I told him.

"Taryn! Not everyone's smart like you," he told me and I rolled my eyes. "And besides it's not that easy for me to pay attention."

"It is when I teach you," I pointed out.

"Exactly! You're easier to understand."

"So you're telling me this why?" I asked and he looked at me, dumbfounded.

"I need your help studying for this test on Friday!"

I sighed with a small smile and said, "Alright, you know where I live. Whenever before six okay?"

"Alright," he said and we went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't updated this in a while, I know.