Status: Next update soon! :)

When You Got a Good Thing

Hard To Be Soft, Tough To Be Tender

[Brian's POV – Dec. 21st, 2010 10:00 A.M.]
I awoke to Sadie sitting up, Pinkly in her lap. She was stroking my dog's head and little Bailey was nowhere in sight.

"Morning baby." She mumbled a 'morning' back and glanced over at me. I threw the covers off of my body and placed my arms around her.

"You know what today is?" Pinkly jumped up at me, licking my face and then using the doggy stairs to get off the bed.

"Of course I do, silly." The dogs began barking, alerting us to someone coming in downstairs. Probably Zack. He had keys to my house as I had to his. Jimmy'd had a set of keys to my house too.

"I have something special for you." I told her, moving off the bed and taking a pair of sweatpants from a drawer. I had no shirt on and Sadie smirked as she stepped toward me, placing her hands on my abs. I took in the sight she offered me, just in her bra and lacey panties.

"Your hands are always freezing." I whispered, my body naturally recoiling from her icy touch. But, when I pressed back against her, she leaned in close, soaking up my warmth.

"You do a bad job of keeping them warm." She commented softly, glancing down at where her hands were set on my stomach.

"Nuh-uh. You just don't keep your hands on me enough." I chuckled and her grip tightened. I grabbed her ass, which made her giggle.

"Are you kidding me? I can't keep them off of you." She grinned, attaching her plump lips to my collarbone. I heard footsteps.

"Hey you…guys…sorry. Um…Awk. Gena and I came to make sure you guys were up. We were going to grab some things for the party." Zack said, after retreating a bit from the room. I could tell he didn't mean to barge in, but then again how could he have known Sadie and I were only half dressed?

"Yeah we're up. We'll be at your house around one. Make sure you get some good alcohol too." I smirked down at Sadie and she turned her head to glance at Zack.

"No, no! No Zack, do not get good alcohol. I am not getting ass-drunk tonight." Zacky chuckled and leaned against the doorframe. I watched him as he took in Sadie's half-naked, curvy form. He licked his lips. A wave of anger hit me, but quickly left when I felt her tilt closer.

"You won't. You can't anyway. I'm limiting you. I want tonight to be special." I said, gaining her full attention back. She smiled and threw her arms around my neck, crushing her lips to mine.

"Tonight when we come home right?" She asked when we pulled away, panting slightly from lack of air.

"Mhm…tonight when we come home. I cannot wait." I pecked her lips again and glanced at Zack.

"Aww guys! Nasty! I don't even want to know!" Sadie and I both earned a good chuckle out of Zack's reaction, especially the look on his face.

"Just…be at my house at one, okay?" Zack laughed and made his exit.

"We should get dressed. We haven't eaten and I'm sure the dogs have pissed and shit all over the house by now. Or they're ready to." I said, beginning to walk out of the room. I made my way down the stairs and found Bailey laying in the giant doggy bed and Pinkly at the back door.

"Sorry Pinks. Momma and I had fun last night, y'know?" I stopped myself for a second. Did I just call Sadie…Pinkly's momma? Which would insinuate that we're married. Well fuck. I guess I really wanted to marry her.

I let both dogs out back and they sprinted to do their business. I took a seat facing the glass door, slouching against the granite counter.

We've only been dating for a little over a month, but I can see a real future with her. Maybe I'm just tired. Or maybe I really do want this. In fact, yes, I really do want this to work. If I can see a future with Sadie then I want to do whatever I can to keep her. That also meant finding out what the other problems from her past were.

Bailey brought my attention back, scratching at the door to come in. I slid it open, the two white fur balls bounding in and going immediately back to the bed.

Sadie came down from upstairs in a tank top and short denim shorts.

"Hey, Sexy Legs." I chuckled as she waltzed toward me, swaying her hips the way that she did. "You're makin' me hard."

"Well aren't you horny today?" She smirked and placed her hands firmly on my thighs. I stared straight into those dark, crystalline eyes of hers.

"Because you're making me." I growled in a low voice, attempting to touch my lips to hers but she pulled back playfully.

"Come back here." Grabbing her hips firmly, reeling her in, I placed a gentle kiss on her neck and she giggled.

"Brian." She whined. "Stop it. I don't want to have to change!"

"You know you want me, baby. Don't fight me." Latching my lips back on her neck, she pushed me away again. I raised an eyebrow. "Sadie? Is something wrong?"

"No. We have to get ready to go to Zack's. And you know that once we get going, we aren't going to stop until we're finished." She smiled and patted the counter before walking back to the stairs. "Hurry up!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[1:05 P.M.]
"I said one, Gates. Five minutes late." Zack joked, pointing to his invisible wrist watch. He slung an arm around my shoulders and led Sadie and I to the kitchen.

The counter was a mess, full of food and drinks. Gena had been busy all morning. She'd made a huge pasta salad and she had platters of buns and rolls ready for hamburgers and hot dogs. Zack had bought plenty of alcohol, but there was water and soda for the non-drinkers.

"Holy shit Gena. You didn't have to do this!" Sadie exclaimed, going over to hug her.

"Of course I did! We always have big parties for birthdays. You're a part of the family now. A very important part of the family." Gena said, glancing at me then back to Sadie.

As for the party, once it got started, McKenna and my stepmother kidnapped Sadie, talking her ear off. It was interesting to watch her interact with other people. If she liked them, she would laugh a lot. If she didn't she might be totally serious, or she wouldn't talk very much. Or she would act extremely shy. She was very comfortable around my stepmom, but McKenna, not so much.

The sad thing is, Sadie had told me she wasn't very good with kids. Younger kids. I had yet to see this. But I say that because I want kids. I really hoped she did too.

I felt a hand at my shoulder. My dad.

"Hey." I said, and he shot a hello back. He squeezed my shoulder.

"You like her more than Michelle?" He nudged me in the ribs, and smirked.

"Much more." The words came drawn out, longing as I watched her.

"Aww, son. Good for you. But you realize, Brian, she's not like the rest of your fan girls. I can see it in her eyes." I glanced at him, raised and eyebrow and tilted my head slightly.

"What do you mean dad?"

"I could tell the first time I met her. She wasn't looking for that one night. She's looking for something long term. And she's hoping you can give that to her because she's had nothing but shitty boyfriends before you."

"How the…"

"Comes with age." He put his arm fully around my shoulders and I observed Sadie ending the conversation with my stepmom. McKenna hugged her. She looked so uncomfortable around my step-sister.

"You know…as Bob Marley said once…"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there."…And that, son, I'll let sink in. If she's really the one you want, you'll know." He said, as Sadie stopped in front of us. He hugged her and said 'Happy birthday,' to her.

"Thank you. May I steal my boyfriend from you?" She wrapped her fingers around my left bicep.

"Of course. I need to go retrieve my wife anyhow. Great party, by the way!" My dad smiled as he walked away, toward my stepmom.

I followed Sadie out to the poolside, to the table where Johnny and Lacey were sitting, having their burgers. Zack was at the grill, Gena by his side. I hadn't seen Matt or Val yet, but I'm sure they were lurking. Of course, the Berry brothers had come, Michelle tagging along, and as had our good friend Dan Abello.

Johnny and Lacey both smiled at us, we at them, and then we sat, taking in the scenery.

"So Sadie, you're twenty four now?" Lacey asked, finishing off her food. Sadie nodded and kept her hand on my arm, tight.

"Drinkin' time then, huh?" Johnny asked, tipping his beer to her slightly.

"Nope. We're both abstaining for the night. I have something extremely special for her when we get home, so I want her at least semi-sober." I explained, earning a chuckle from Johnny.

"I see. Birthday sex perhaps? That seems to be the popular gift around here." Johnny pondered aloud, shooting a small smirk at me. I simply shook my head.

"Not telling." I said, glancing at Sadie, who seemed…distant. Johnny stood and took his beer up off the table.

"I'll be back. I really need to pee."

"Wait, me too!" Lacey shouted, following after Johnny. I nudged Sadie gently, startling her.

"Sadie. What's up with you lately?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"No you aren't. You've been spacing out a lot." I coaxed her onto my lap and placed my lips on hers for a few seconds.

"Seeing my brother just…brought back a lot of...bittersweet memories." She tangled her fingers with mine and kept her gaze down, but there was a miniscule smile that crept across the perimeters of her mouth.

"What are you smilin' about?"

"Memories. You know, like when you think of the stupid and silly shit you did with Jimmy? He brought back a lot of that, just seeing him did." She always knew just what to say to get me thinking. In fact, she always made me think of Jimmy, but in a good way.

"So what do we do now?" I asked, glancing around.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[Sadie's POV – 10:00 P.M.]
"Brian…" I breathed as he ran his hands under my tank top, over my stomach. He slipped away for a second to slide his shirt over his head, tossing it to the foot of the bed, along with the blankets. I studied his upper body, and reached out to run my hands over his abs. He leaned over me, allowing his hands to gently graze over my hip bones and dip just below the waistband of my panties. He brought his lips to my bellybutton, placing soft kisses here and there, making his way up, toward my breasts.

After presents and some celebratory wine from Zack, Brian brought me back to his house. And we went straight up to the bedroom.

"Mmm." He mumbled over my ribs, vibrations from his lips causing me to gasp. His hands slid my top over my head, throwing it behind him, then undoing the clasps on my bra. That was taken off quickly, and chucked somewhere beside the bed.

He worked on each breast individually, caressing gently with his fingers, massaging one as he mouthed the other, and then switching. I writhed in ecstasy under his touch, whimpering every so often as he continued down my body.

He hooked his long fingers on the hem of my purple and black lace lined panties, pulling them down and off of my body. I'd worn them especially for him because I knew I'd be getting some lovin' tonight. I had to do a little something for him.

"Don't want to ruin these." He said, holding them up with one finger before tossing the article of clothing behind him. He slid down, between my legs, pushing them open to reveal what he really wanted.

"Close your eyes. Don't open them 'til I tell you to." Brian's voice was husky, lusty, deep, and it nearly sent me over the edge, but I did as he commanded, hard as it was not to stare at the beautiful man who was doing such a wonderful job pleasuring me.

He slowly pushed a finger into my entrance and I squeaked.

"Sweetie, it's only one finger."

"I know, but you surprised me."

"That was what I was going for." He laughed, as he began to move that single finger in and out. He gradually increased his speed and I held my breath for a second when he slipped another finger in. My moans became louder and louder, until I couldn't anymore, the only sound in the room becoming my uneven panting. Brian curled his finger slightly, hitting my upper wall, making me moan out his name. He slipped his fingers out and I felt him hover over me.

"Open your eyes." He said, and I obeyed, his face close to mine. He placed his fingers near his mouth, licking them clean, then trailing them between my boobs. He took my lips again, and I felt his cock through his jeans, against my thigh.

Cursing, he withdrew, unbuckling his belt and sliding his jeans off and then freeing himself from his boxers, which were black and had tiny purple hearts on them. He shed them and sighed. Relief. I smirked.

"Mister Haner, you seem a bit bothered." I giggled, pulling him back down over my body. We were both now completely naked. Each time our skin even brushed lightly the other's, one of us would gasp, so sensitive to the other's body. We didn't mind vocalizing our pleasure for one another.

"More than bothered, sweetheart." Brian continued tracing patterns on my stomach and along my sides. I opened my mouth to speak, but he invaded with his tongue, mine and his battling for dominance. His fingers skimmed down, stopping at my hip bone. He enclosed his hand upon it carefully, and using his knee, spread my legs even more. Placing a delicate kiss on my lips, he raised his eyes to meet mine.

"Ready?" He asked, his gaze needy but still in control. I enjoyed this. I knew how hard it was for him not to take me hard and fast. I knew he reveled in the thrill and the ecstasy that came from our deliberately laggard love-making. It drove him insane.

I nodded and murmured a 'yes.' He proceeded, lifting my left leg. My hands drifted up to the back of his neck, and he pushed himself inside. We both groaned, his head dropping to my chest, mine pressured back against the sheets. For whatever reason, he licked at my sternum.

"Brian, what are you doing?" Whiskey eyes came to rest on my crystal and tan ones.

"I was being affectionate."

"You're such a…a…a feline." He nuzzled my neck, and chuckled.

"I love you Bri." I whispered, and there he placed his lips on mine again.

"I love you too Sadie." His eyes were now shut and he slid his hips back and then into me again. I took a sharp breath in as he began a torpid rhythm.

He would change tempo every so often, quicker then regaining his steady pace. I slid my hands to his shoulder blades, pushing my fingertips into his skin, which had begun to become slick from sweat already.

For whatever reason we had been fairly quiet, only our rapid panting in the air. Brian thrust in deeper, just hitting my spot before pulling out halfway again.

"Do that again." I near-screamed, Brian obliging happily. Well deserved moans escaped from my mouth, mostly his name.

His hands fit securely on my hips and getting more leverage, he pulled them into his own, increasing his and my pleasure...sevenfold. Lips parted, his eyes closed, he looked gorgeous. Every so often he made a small noise, letting me know that I wasn't the only one thoroughly enjoying this. He was careful in what came out of his mouth here.

My heart raced and I was nearly out of breath, when I felt the familiar tightening in my core. Brian's thrusts became messy, losing the even-ness and eventually control.

I felt my walls clench hard around him, squeezing him to his climax as well. He dropped his head down at the crook of my neck as I moaned his name over and over again. Mine was a strained whisper from his lips as he came. I dug my nails into his back as he rode out our orgasms. And as we came down from the high, he moaned softly against my skin.

We were both sweaty, sticky messes. He pulled out of me and yanked a blanket over us, rolling on his side to hold onto me.

I was a bit shaky and so was he.

"You okay baby?"

"Yeah, fine. You?"

"Amazing….I love you so much." I adjusted myself so that I was laying on my stomach, facing him. He rested his head on my back and wrapped his hand around my arm, his body flush against mine, keeping each other plenty warm. I got cold easily and he understood that. He was always warm.

"I love you too Bri." I closed my eyes and began to drift off. Brian nudged me one last time for the night.

"Happy Birthday, Sadie."
♠ ♠ ♠
A new chapter!!!!
I'm so sorry guys. I've been so busy with school. Finals are trying to kill me.

Anyway, new chapter. I wrote this out sort of quick. And there is sex. Like a full sex-scene. This'll be the first full one for WYGAGT and the second I've ever written, so don't hurt me.

There's quite a lot in this chapter. It's an important one. Next up will be sad, so I gave you happy and horny to tide you over. And make sure that you pay attention to the dates! The story does follow a real timeline with actual events (such as concerts or tours)

I did check for typos...and sentences that I forgot to finish and I didn't find any, so if you find any..please tell me, so I can yell at myself.