‹ Prequel: Shutter House
Status: COMPLETE

Like Walking Into a Dream

Chapter 14

*Zacky*

“How much longer?” I cried towards Andri and Tuck. I had finally cracked—I couldn’t take it anymore. We had traveled for a month and even with our vampire speed, I felt we weren’t getting any closer. My life was nothing now, I felt like I had truly lost Brian, the only thing keeping me going was the chance to see that Brian was still alive, that I could save him.

But every day that vision was slipping from my fingers—with every passing day I thought I lost Brian more and more. I was terrified that when if when I found Brian, that he wouldn’t want me. That Shadows has twisted his brain and concept of who he loved so much that he wouldn’t even want to be in the same room with me.

I wasn’t completely sure what Shadows was capable of, but I knew it could be anything. It wouldn’t be anything that any human could imagine or anything parallel to what vampires or werewolves could do alone.

“Just a bit longer,” Andri tried to sooth. She watched as I broke more each and every day and I knew that she hated her brother for what he has caused. She told me that she had never imagined that he would do such a thing to anyone, and especially that Brian and I shouldn’t have been dragged into Shadows sick world.

Andri shook her head, moving smoothly through the air and the trees, looking around for someone to feed on. Just like every other day.

I didn’t feed as much as they—and to be honest I wouldn’t feed if I didn’t need too—all I wanted was to find Brian.

I fed poorly and waiting anxiously as Tuck and Andri finished up so we can continue. Once we were all set, we started off again and the feeling in the pit of my stomach growing. My senses were once again sharp and I could see clearly through the trees.

We traveled slowly by foot just like humans by Andri’s command. The way she tensed up and the way she was aware of everything let me know that we were now close—close enough that in a day or two, we would be able to find my true love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short.
<3