‹ Prequel: Shutter House
Status: COMPLETE

Like Walking Into a Dream

Chapter 18

*Zacky

A sharp pain to my face and I woke up swinging, hissing and baring my fangs. My hands went forward punching whatever was before me but I came in contact with nothing.

“Zachary!” Andri yelled, and my eyes adjusted to the lighting. She was standing next to my bed, a dagger in her hand murder clear in her eyes. “Wake the fuck up! My brother was just here!”

My eyes narrowed as the sudden realization was that I wasn’t dreaming that I had interaction with Shadows—I missed my chance! I jumped up from the bed and scrammed around stuffing everything I could find into my pockets. I had, had enough—it was time to get Brian back and Shadows was dead.

The room was silent and I turned to look at Andri and Tuck—they were looking at me, mouths agape. “What?” I spat, irritated that they were moving fast enough.

“Uh,” Tuck started, “You have a bald spot.”

My eyes went wide and I turned to the faded mirror by the bathroom. Near my temple was a clear patch of my skin, where my hair had been buzzed. “What the fuck?” I yelled turning to the pair behind me. “Who did this?!”

Andri shifted from foot to foot and looked to the floor and back up. “I saw Shadows disappear from here with a black patch of hair.”

I saw red and the whole fucking rainbow. He takes Brian—he beats me up—captures me and tortures me to no end, and now he’s fucking buzzing my head?! He was beyond dead—he was going to be deeper than six feet underground when I was done with him.

“He’s dead,” I snarled before walking out the motel room door with Andri and Tuck behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and kinda funny--but wouldn't you be if someone buzzed your head?

Comment and Subscribe?