‹ Prequel: Shutter House
Status: COMPLETE

Like Walking Into a Dream

Chapter 20

*Zacky

I stared at the house with hatred—everything seemed abandoned, empty, everything was as if no one populated the place. I knew better than that though, this was Shadows’ favorite type of cover so no one would go near it. It was even completed with a private property sign on the front yard.

We were miles away from a big city, a small town only a few miles down—enough for food and things if needed, especially to feed. I wandered back and forth, pacing as Tuck and Andri sensed for any type of protections that could be guarding the house.

My hands were itching to just barge in and rip Shadows’ limb from limb. I turned towards Tuck as he came back to me.

“There’s a very powerful spell around the whole place—no easy way in so it seems. Shadows’ worked hard on this,” he informed me, gesturing towards the house. “It could take me a few days to break it, or at least figure a way in, until then, we have to see if anyone comes out so we can go in.”

I pulled at my hair, knowing that Brian was so close yet so far. “Hurry,” I pressured, “I don’t know how much longer I can leave Brian in there with him.”

Tuck nodded and headed back around to look at the protection spell once again. Andri came up to me as he walked away. “My brother’s in for it, isn’t he?” she questioned, looking into my emerald eyes.

I rolled my eyes, “You don’t even know half of it. He’s kidnapped me, was a cause my rape, and the love of my life’s rape. He’s kidnapped again, he cut off my hair. He’s drugged me, Brian and everything else imaginable. You honestly think that I’m gonna go easy on him? The fucker deserves to die and no less. He’s messed up in the head. I know he’s your brother and all, but he’s bad for everyone, there’s no helping him.”

Andri sighed and glanced up at the house. “I know.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and I sense something intense coming.

Comment for us to update more?