Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (13)

I went into the main room and found Jordan sprawled out on the couch watching TV.

“Hey.” I greeted, getting his attention.

“Hi.” He said, tearing his gaze from the TV.

“I need you to do me a favor.” I said awkwardly.

He sat up, suddenly alert. “Yeah? What do you need?” He asked politely.

“Can you get Zeke out of our room for like a half hour?” I asked. “Please?” I added

“I can do that.” He smirked.

“Thanks so much.” I smiled broadly at him. It was nice to have a guy do nice things for me.

Jordan got up off the couch, leaving a dent in it, and started toward my door. Before I could follow, I heard a bunch of commotion coming from Zeke.

“Hey!” Zeke shouted. “Hands off!”

“Then get out.” Jordan said calmly.

I heard a huge sigh, and soon Zeke emerged from our room, looking defeated. Jordan followed, shooting me a smile.

I ran up to him, giving him a friendly hug. “Thanks.” I said, pulling away. I turned to Zeke and stuck my tongue out at him and he glared back.

I ran into my room, locking the door, then into the bathroom. I took a shower as quickly as I could, then got out and got dressed.

I put on a plain white tank top and my black sip up hoodie. Then I threw on my soft gray sweat pants.

I blow-dried my hair so it wouldn’t get all frizzy while I slept. I unlocked the door and a moment later Zeke came bounding in.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he shot me a sheepish smile.

“Where you waiting outside the door?” I asked, putting a hand on my hip.

“No…” He said, averting his gaze downward.

“Mhm.” I said doubtfully.

“Okay, let me unpack.” He said.

“Fine.” I said. “I’m going to bed now.” I grabbed two of the four pillows off the bed, the comforter, and the blanket under that.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Zeke asked, turning to me. “Now there are only sheets left. I’m gonna freeze to death!” He exclaimed.

“You’ll be fine. Just wear something warm to bed.” I told him, a smug smile making an appearance on my face before I wiped it off, trying to look serious.

“I think not.” Zeke said, ripping the comforter out of my hands and throwing it back on the bed. “You’re the one who isn’t mature enough to sleep in the same bed as me.” He said. “Don’t you trust me not to do anything?” He asked.

“I guess…” I trailed off. Now that I thought about it, I realized how stupid I was being. Zeke wouldn’t do anything. Those inappropriate comments he always made were him just being a guy. He would never act on any of them. Not to mention, we had slept together before. Plus, Zeke was a really good human heater. He’d keep me nice and toasty warm in the freezing cold night.

“Then go hop on that bed and go to sleep.” Zeke ordered.

“Fine.” I sighed. I did as I was told, bringing my two pillows back onto the bed and my blanket. I fixed the bed to the blanket and comforter were spread across the whole bed. I crawled in and my head sunk into the pillow. I let my eyes droop closed, and I drifted off into a peaceful sleep after a tiring day of travel.

***

The next morning I woke up to the sound of laughter outside my door. I pried open my eyes and what I saw when I opened them startled me. Zeke was laying right next to me with and arm draped over my waist.

I lifted his arm up and put it on his side. I sat up and got off the bed, trying to make as little movement as possible so I didn’t wake him up. I walked over to the dresser and quietly pulled the drawers open.

I quickly dressed in a black Blink 182 shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, my favorite black converse, a grey button-up sweater, and a grey beanie.

I opened the door and it creaked. I cringed at the loud noise, hoping Zeke was a heavy sleeper. I heard the bed moving and I looked behind me to see a very tired Zeke with wild hair sitting up on the bed.

“Good morning, sleepy head.” I said. “That’s a nice hairstyle on you.” I joked.

“Oh shut up.” He said in a groggy voice.