Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (26)

“Text me!” I yelled to Rob as Zeke dragged me out the door.

“He won’t text you.” Zeke grumbled.

“And how would you know?” I challenged.

“Because he’s a player.”

“Again, how would you know?” I asked impatiently.

“I saw the way he was looking at you.”

“Oh really?”

“He’s not your type.” Zeke informed me.

“What is my type exactly?”

“Not him.” He said. “You can’t hang out with him. He’s just going to use you and then dump for another girl, and the cycle will repeat.” He tightened his grip on my arm. “You’re so naïve.”

“Don’t you tell me what to do!” I growled, angrily ripping my arm from his grasp. “I’m almost an adult. I can make decisions for myself.”

Oh crap. Zeke was my ride home. Now what?

An idea formed in my head.

I stomped back into the restaurant, smiling at Rob when he caught my face. He smiled back before a confused look crossed over his face.

“Did you forget something?” He asked as I came to stand next to their table.

“Yeah, actually I did.” I said. “I forgot that my best friend is a controlling jerk who tried to make my decisions for me.”

Rob looked a little more confused now.

“I know I just met you guys, and I really don’t want to be a pain in the butt, but can I get a ride with you guys?” I asked, trying to look as adorable as possible so they couldn’t say no.

“Sure.” Sarah chirped, almost immediately.

I looked around the table, seeing everyone nodding their heads in agreement.

“We were just about to leave.” Rob said, getting up and coming to stand by me.

Jake nodded and pulled out his wallet. He threw a $50 bill down on the table and grabbed Katie’s hand. Derek got up as well, grabbing Sarah’s hand and we started toward the door.

“You can sit in the back of the van with me.” Rob said. “Jake and Katie always get the front two seats. Then there are three seats behind them and Sarah and Derek get those. I usually sit with them, but if I did you’d have to be in the back all alone.”

I nodded my head, showing him that I understood. I shoved my freezing hands into the pockets of sweatshirt and shivered violently as we exited the building. Jake led the way to the van, wrapping his arms around a shivering Katie.

We quickly closed the distance between the restaurant and the van. Although it wasn’t the type of van I expected. It wasn’t like Zeke’s van, it was one of those boxy vans that your parents tell you to stay away from in fear of a strange man popping out and luring you into it by offering you candy.

But did I care? Nope. Anything to get away from that guy who I thought was my best friend, but who is actually a control freak.

Rob took me around to the back of the van where he opened one of the doors. He chivalrously helped me in, then climbed in himself and shut the door behind us.

“Can I get your address so I can put it in my GPS?” Jake asked, turning around and facing me expectantly.

“Sure.” I said, before reciting my address.

“Got it.” He said, pressing the “go” button on the screen.