Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (5)

I was getting ready for Veronica’s party when I got a call. I looked at the caller I.D. When I saw it was Mindy I flipped it open and answered.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hi.” Mindy said through the phone.

“Did you need something?” I asked.

“Yeah, sorry to impose on you like this, but I was wondering if you could drive Andrew and I to the party. His car kinda broke down and he’s stuck. If you call him I’m sure he’ll tell you exactly where he is.”

“Oh, yeah no problem.” I said.

“Thanks so much.” She said and then gave me her address so I could pick her up. I quickly scribbled it down and we hung up.

I straightened my hair and then threw on green shirt with a recycle symbol on it, my black skinny jeans, and my converse. On top of that I had grey hoodie.

I picked up the piece of paper with Mindy’s address and my phone and I was off. I grabbed my keys and started towards Mindy’s house.

It took a while to get there because I wasn’t in a familiar location. But when I arrived at her house I was relieved. She would be able to tell me how to get to where Andrew was. That reminded me. I pick up my phone and first texted Mindy to let her know I was at her house. Then I scrolled through my contact’s list and called Andrew.

It rang, and rang, and rang. It went to voicemail. I left a message telling him to let me know where he was when he got it.

I was starting to worry. Where could he be? What if something happened.

When Mindy got in the car all smiley, I wondered if she talked to him or something.

“Hi, Cara.” She greeted me.

“Hi.” I said. Then I paused. “Have you talked to Andrew since we talked last?” I asked.

Her eyebrows knit together. “No, why?” She asked.

“When I called him, he didn’t pick up.” I said.

He face went blank like she was deep in thought. She was probably as worried about Andrew as I was, if not more.

“We have to find him.” She said. I could see the determination in her face.

“Good, I really didn’t want to go to the party anyway.” I said, relieved.

“All we have to do is go to his house, and then from there go like we are going to Veronica’s house. That’s the most likely way to find him.”

“Ok, let’s go.” I said.

Mindy sat in the passenger seat of my truck looking like she was going to have panic attack. I tried to calm her down by telling her that his phone probably died after he called her.

When we arrived at his house Mindy started giving me directions to Veronica’s house.

It took a while to get there but when we found Andrew’s car Mindy got even more pale. When I looked over at it ice dropped into my gut. His car was flipped over on it’s top.

I hurled myself out of the car followed by Mindy. I ran over to the scene of the crash and peered in the window. Andrew was stiffly laying in the car and there was a pool of blood by his head.