Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

New Home

Holly stared at all the unpacked boxes. She knew that she needed to start going through the belongings and putting them up, but she didn't know where to start. A soft knock on the door caused her to look up. She smiled when she saw Jason her new stepfather. He had bought a two story house for his new family. Instead of the house being in Seattle where Holly had grown up it was located in La Push. Holly was still a little upset about the move. She knew she didn't need to take it out on Jason though. He was a really good guy. He had a law firm in Seattle and recently opened up one in Forks. She didn't understand why he couldn't just find a house in Seattle to live in.

"I'm sure you're still upset with me huh?" Jason asked as he sat down on the bed next to Holly.

He didn't have any kids of his own and Holly's mom couldn't have anymore so Holly was all the two had. Holly's mom Sherri and Jason met a year ago on a dating site. Ever since then the two had been madly in love.

"No, I love the house. I'm just upset that I won't be spending Senior year with my friends."

Jason nodded. "This house was cheaper and I loved how it was close to the beach." Jason looked around the room. "Do you need any help unpacking?"

Holly smiled at him. "No thanks."

"Okay, well whenever you get done we'll go into town and get something for dinner."

"Sounds great!"

Once Jason left the room Holly figured that she should start unpacking. It took her several hours to get everything unpacked and put up. She was extremely exhausted, but Jason and her mom still dtragged her into town for dinner.

*****

Jacob stared into the warm chocolate eyes of Bella. She sadly smiled at him and he knew what she was going to say.

"Jake, I'm marrying Edward in August." she said. "I love him."

Jacob tried to remain calm. He didn't want to do something stupid and harm Bella.

"It sucks."

"What does?" she asked.

"That I'm not the right monster for you." he frowned slightly. "Just remember that if he turns you it will be hell. Not only from the pain, but from Sam."

Bella nodded. "I know." she softly wrapped her arms around Jacob. "I'm sorry." was all she said before walking away.

Jacob watched as she got into her truck and pulled away from him. Bella would still be his best friend no matter what. He just couldn't believe that she picked that blood sucker over him. Jacob thought that he was a very nice guy. He knew how to love, he was charming, and he would never dream of hurting someone he loved-like Edward would. He wondered if he would ever find his imprint. Maybe he should just quit searching and let her come to him.

He sighed as he turned around and ran into the forest. In one swift movement he went from being a human to a wolf. He ran through the woods letting all the pain he felt rush away from him. Jacob didn't know how long he could deal with being alone. He hoped it wouldn't be too long.