Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Sickness

Holly stared at her pale face in the mirror of her bathroom. There was no way she would be going to school today. She was up half the morning puking her guts out. It must've been the food she ate last night at the Chinese buffet. A soft knock on the door caused her to look up. Her mom stood in the doorway looking rather worried at her.

"Jacob's downstairs waiting for you." she said.

"Mom, I don't think I'm going to school today. I've been puking my guts up all morning."

Sherri placed her hand on her daughters forehead to check her temperature.

"You don't feel warm. I'll tell Jacob you're sick then I'll be up here with some medicine. You missy need to go back to bed and get some rest."

Holly nodded as she followed her mother out of the bathroom. She climbed into bed still feeling extremely tired. She couldn't believe she was getting sick. Holly hardly ever got sick that's why she was worried that something major was wrong with her. If she wasn't better by tomorrow she would probably go to the doctor. Sherri came back with a glass of cold water and some medicine. She made sure Holly took the medicine.

"Jacob wanted to stay here with you but I told him to go to school. In case you were really sick. I didn't want him to catch what you have."

Holly smiled at the thought of Jacob wanting to stay with her. Over the past month the two of them have gotten closer than ever before. He had talked about marrying her after college and starting his own mechanic shop in La Push. He liked to fix up old cars along with motorcycles. Holly always loved primping herself up and fixing her hair so she decided to maybe go in the beauty field and become a hair stylist or own a salon.

During the day she found herself watching movies and browsing around on the Internet. When she finally got tired of her room she went into her mother's office to find her making some headbands that someone had ordered off her site.

"How are you feeling?"

"Ugh, I still feel like crap."

"If you're not better by the morning I'll take you to the doctor."

"Okay. I'm hoping it's nothing serious."

Holly sat down at her mom's work bench and began to help her with the headbands. After several hours the headbands were ready for shipping. Sherri was very talented. She planned on one day opening up her own store with her jewels as she calls them. When school was out Holly got a call from Jacob. He wanted to know how she was feeling and if he could come over. She told him to stay home that he didn't need to get sick.

"I don't care if I get sick. I just want to see you." he sighed.

"I'll ask my mom. Hold on."

Holly placed her phone on her bed before darting across the hall.

"Mom, Jacob really wants to see me. Can he come over."

Sherri sighed knowing that Jacob was probably going crazy with not seeing Holly. She really did like Jacob a lot. He was a great guy who seemed to be head over heels in love with her daughter. She was so glad Holly found a good guy who treated her right.

"Yeah, I'll make some chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight since you're still sick."

"Sounds great!"

Sherri made the best chicken noodle soup. She got the recipe from her grandmother and on a cold day she would whip it up. Holly went back across the hall to retrieve her phone. She told Jacob that he could come over for a little bit. It didn't take him long to come over. He had gotten Holly her homework for the day so while he was fixing him a sandwich she began to do her work so she wouldn't have to worry about it later. While Sherri began to fix dinner the two of them sat in the living room watching TV. Ever so often Jacob would kiss her cheek and tell her how beautiful she was.

"Yeah right, I look like hell froze over."

"Nah, I think you're cute!" he smirked down at her.

"You're blind!"

Jacob smiled as he turned back to the TV. When Jason got home from work everyone sat around the table and began to eat. After spending some more time together Jacob decided to go back home to give Holly some rest. He told her to get better and gave her a soft kiss before leaving the house. That night Holly found herself puking her guts out once more. She laid back in bed feeling like crap. Tonight was going to be a long night.