Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Doctor

Holly rolled out of bed still not feeling too good. She went down stairs to find her mom eating a bagel at the kitchen table. She stared up at her daughter and sighed when she saw that she still didn't look like she felt good.

"Let me call the doctor."

She went into the living room to phone the doctor while Holly poured herself a glass of ginger ale that Jason had picked up last night. She then got some crackers hoping that she could keep them down. Her mom soon came back into the kitchen.

"I got you an appointment with Doctor Ledbetter at ten so go and get ready."

Holly finished her cracker before heading up the stairs. She took a warm shower in hopes that it would make her feel somewhat better. She opened up the medicine cabinet and jumped when the blue box fell into the sink. Holly's mouth slightly opened as she stared at the box. She quickly did the math in her head.

"No, it can't be." she sighed to herself.

If her calculations were correct she was a week late; that meant she could possibly be pregnant. Maybe that's why she was feeling like crap the past few days. She wasn't having the flu she was having morning sickness. She felt tears slide down her cheek. How was she going to tell her mom better yet how was she going to tell Jacob? She would be turning seventeen on Christmas. She wasn't ready to be a mother. There were so many things she wanted to do in life. She wanted to go to beauty college and open up a salon. Jacob also wanted things in life. A baby would only get in the way of their dreams.

Her mom knocked on the door to her room.

"Are you almost ready?"

"Yeah."

Holly quickly pulled her hair up in a pony tail, put on some makeup, then clothes. As her mom pulled out of the driveway she decided to go ahead and tell her. She couldn't get mad because she got pregnant with Holly when she was seventeen.

"Mom, I think I know why I'm sick."

"Why?" she asked.

"I think-" she began before tears fell from her eyes. "Oh god mom, I didn't want this to happen. I don't even know how it happened. I've been on the pill."

Sherri quickly stopped the car and turned to look at her daughter who was crying.

"You're pregnant?" she asked.

"I think so. I'm late."

Sherri clutched her hands on the steering wheel. She tried so hard not to yell at her daughter. She remembered the day she told her mom she was pregnant. She had basically kicked her out for a week before she had time to clear her head. Sherri felt so alone when her mom wasn't there to help her. She wanted to be there for Holly no matter what.

"Holly, how could this happen? When did you two have sex?"

"For the first time? About a month ago."

Sherri sighed. "You didn't wait for the birth control to fully kick in did you?"

"No." Holly said honestly. "I'm sorry mom. What are we going to do?"

"We'll go to the doctor first to see if you really are then from there we'll take it one step at a time."

******

Holly nervously waited in the exam room for the doctor to show up. Sherri had told the nurse that she thought her daughter was pregnant so Holly was placed in a room with an ultrasound machine. She didn't like this one bit, she had to take off all her clothes and wear nothing but a hospital gown. The door softly knocked and in walked none other than Carlisle Cullen. He softly smiled at Holly.

"Hello Holly, it's nice to see you again."

Sherri stared at the doctor then looked at Holly.

"Mom, this is Doctor Carlisle Cullen. He's Edward's dad."

"It's nice to meet you!" Sherri said.

"You too!"

The two shook hands and thankfully he was wearing rubber gloves so she wouldn't feel the coldness.

"So, you think you're pregnant?" he asked while looking down at her chart.

"Yeah, I'm a week late and I've been throwing up."

"Normally we wait until you're two weeks late, but since I know Jacob pretty well I'll check you. I will have to insert the camera vaginally so we can detect the small embryo."

Holly nodded. She was so embarrassed that Carlisle was the one checking her.

"What happened to Doctor Ledbetter?" she asked while leaning back on the exam bed.

"He's having a family emergency. So I guess I'll be your doctor."

"I didn't know you were an OB/GYN."

Carlisle smiled as he put the gel onto the long camera.

"In this small town I'm normally the main doctor around here!"

"I see."

"Now you'll feel some pressure."

Holly bit on her lip as Carlisle stuck the camera inside of her. She didn't like this one bit, it was so awkward. Carlisle stared at the screen until he pointed to a small sack that was beating.

"You see that? That's your baby's heart. I'd say you're about seven weeks along."

Holly stared over at her mom who sadly smiled at her. She knew she was disappointed in her-hell Holly was disappointed in herself. She never would've thought she'd be pregnant in High School. What was everyone going to think? Better yet how was Jacob, his dad, and the pack going to react?