Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Job

A few weeks had gone by since Holly found out she was pregnant. It didn't take her long to get a job at the small diner in La Push. She had already saved up a little over two hundred in tip money. Jacob on the other hand had five hundred already saved back. Holly was so happy for them both. Once they had enough money saved up they could start buying diapers, baby wipes, and formula. Sue Clearwater already said that when they found out the sex of the baby she would make some clothes or give them clothes that Leah and Seth wore when they were little.

Holly felt tired a lot now, but she knew when the baby got here she would be even more tired. After school she worked at the diner until ten, went home, did her homework, talked to Jacob for a bit, and then did it all over again the next day. It sucked not getting to see Jacob all the time. They needed all the money they could get though. After closing up on a Friday night Holly received a paycheck from her boss Linda. She had received a little over a hundred dollars which would go into her money jar when she got home.

She bid Linda goodnight before heading out to her car. The diner was a few miles away from her house so it didn't take her long to get back home. She smiled widely when she saw Jacob's car sitting in the driveway. He spotted her pulling next to him and got out of the car. Holly greeted him with a soft kiss.

"I got my check today." she said. "A little over a hundred. Now I've got over three hundred saved up!"

"That's great baby." he replied while kissing her. "In a few more weeks we'll probably have a thousand saved up together!"

Holly beamed up at him. She knew they could do this. It would be hard at first, but once they got in the routine of things it would be better. Jacob talked to Holly for a bit before deciding to leave so she could get some rest. He gave her a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Can you come back later?" she asked.

He smirked. For the past week Jacob would sneak over at night so him and Holly could spend some quality time together.

"Only if you want me too."

"I do!"

"I'll be back in a few hours. I love you."

"I love you too."

Holly watched as Jacob drove away. She turned on her heel and went back into the house. She had gotten food at the diner so she wasn't very hungry. Her parents were already in their room settling down.

"Night." Holly called to them.

"Night sweetie. Are you feeling okay? Do you want me to make you some soup?" Sherri asked.

Holly smiled. Her mom has been making sure that Holly ate the right things during this pregnancy, took vitamins, and drank plenty of water.

"I had a chicken salad at the diner." she said.

"Okay, I'm thinking about driving to walmart tomorrow since it's Sunday and you don't work. We can buy some diapers and formula and maybe look at the baby clothes."

Holly smiled. "I'd like that."

Holly went back into her room. She quickly took a shower then slipped into some warm pajamas. Before climbing in bed she got a glass of ginger ale along with crackers. Both seemed to calm her sickness down. After eating and drinking her glass she watched a little bit of TV before Jacob climbed in through the open window. Holly smiled at him as he sank into the bed with her.

"My mom wants to go to walmart tomorrow."

"It's a seventy mile drive."

"I know!" she laughed. "But she wants to get some stuff for the baby. Do you want to go or do you work tomorrow?"

"I'm off. So yeah I'd love to go. If it's okay with your mom though."

"I'll ask her in the morning."

Jacob snuggled in closer to Holly. It didn't take them long to slip out of their clothes. Holly loved it when Jacob made love to her. He didn't just care about his needs; he also cared to please her as well. When they got done and put on their clothes Holly felt exhausted. She rolled onto her side wrapping her arm around Jacob's stomach and placing her head on his chest. It didn't take her long to fall asleep.

*****

Sherri pulled to a complete stop in front of a Wal-Mart. She said that it was okay if Jacob went with them so he and Holly were walking hand in hand into the store. Sherri got a basket then turned to Holly.

"You remembered your money right?" she asked.

"Yes, we got our money."

"I don't mind buying a few things. We'll use the guest room as the baby nursery. And we'll need to find a crib they don't make the slide down ones anymore since they are dangerous, and bassinet, a swing-"

Holly zoned her mother out as they walked into the store. The baby department was located at the back of Wal-Mart so they headed through the store until they reached it. Holly smiled at all the adorable baby clothes. She didn't really care what she had; a part of her wanted a little girl but another part of her wanted a boy. Sherri went down the diaper aisle and began putting tons of size one and newborn diapers into the basket.

"We might need another basket!" Holly laughed.

"I'll get another one." Jacob said.

A few minutes later he came back with another basket. Sherri had also put in large boxes of baby wipes, and baby shampoo, body wash, and lotion. She then turned down the formula aisle.

"Similac is good so is the Gerber good start so we'll stock up on both."

In the end after checking out everything was a little over a thousand dollars. Sherri told them not to worry about it; Jason had given her his card so she bought it with that. Holly thanked her mom. She couldn't believe that she went ahead and bought everything. When they got back home they found a place for all the diapers formula, and wipes. Holly was exhausted all she felt like doing was going to sleep so she went into her room with Jacob following after her. She was sound asleep once her head hit the pillow.