Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Bad News

Holly sat in the living room watching a Baby Story on TV. She started to cringe at the thought of pushing a baby out of her body. Could she handle the pain? She was staring intently at the screen when the doorbell rang. Her mom had gone out to get supplies and Holly had the day off today so she was stuck answering the door. When she swung it open she was surprised to see Jacob standing there.

"Why did you ring the bell? You could've just come on in."

"Bella and Edward are back. I think something is wrong with her."

"What are you talking about?"

"I went over there to see if she was changed and Carlisle said she was sick. I don't know if she's sick or in pain. Shit." he yelled making Holly jump.

Holly knew that Jacob still cared about Bella as a friend. He didn't want to see anything bad happen to her.

"I'll go with you." she said while scribbling a note for her mom and placing it on the counter where she knew she would see it.

"Thank you." he breathed.

Jacob drove into the mountains where the Cullen house was located. It seemed really quiet now after all the wedding festivities were over with. Holly nervously followed Jacob to the door. He ran the doorbell this time Edward stepped onto the porch.

"Congratulations on the baby. Carlisle told me." he breathed. "If only that were true for me."

Holly and Jacob exchanged looks.

"What's wrong with Bella?" Holly asked.

Edward sighed. "I hate myself so much right now. It's my fault this happened to her. I had no clue something like this could happen between a human and a vampire."

"She's still human?" Jacob asked.

"Yes. For now." Edward replied. "She's pregnant and the baby is killing her."

Jacob's face went from shock to anger. Edward just stared at him as Jacob's angered thoughts entered his mind.

"I had no idea a vampire male could get a human pregnant." he told him.

Jacob nodded knowing that he was telling the truth. He couldn't believe that Holly and Bella would be pregnant at the same time. He wondered if she would let him see her.

"She has been asking for you both." Edward said. "Mind you, Rosalie is a little overprotective of her right now."

Edward led them into the living room. Holly noticed that Bella was laying on the couch with a large swollen belly. She glanced down at her belly only to see a little pouch; she wasn't nearly as big as Bella was. She smiled warmly at the two as they came closer to her. Her whole face was pale and clammy; she looked like she was in a lot of pain.

"Congratulations to you both. I heard about the pregnancy." Bella whispered.

"Thanks. I guess the same is in order to you." Holly smiled.

Bella placed her hands on her large bump in a loving way. This made Edward look away.

"They say the baby is killing me, but I disagree. He or she is just getting bigger."

Jacob sighed. "Can you get it out of her?"

"Carlisle tried to do an ultrasound but the sac is too thick. He couldn't even cut the thing out if he wanted too."

"No one's cutting anything out of Bella." Rosalie spat. "She is having this baby."

"Even if it kills you?" Holly asked.

"You'd have your baby too wouldn't you, if it was killing you I mean?" Bella asked softly.

Holly thought about it. Of course she would have her baby if it was killing her. She would want something that she created to live. She softly nodded.

"See, you understand." Bella smiled softly. "Would you mind staying with me when you can? I'd enjoy your company and we can talk about the babies! Awww, I think I'm going to have a boy! If you have a little girl they can be best of friends maybe more when they get older."

Holly smiled as she sank down on the floor next to Rosalie.

"I'd like that!"

And so Holly would go over to visit with Bella every chance she got. The two would talk about what their children would look like, what they would become, and how they would raise them. Holly knew why Jacob loved Bella before, she was a really nice girl. She was a bit shy sometimes, but she opened up a lot to Holly. Bella told her not to break his heart that he deserves the best. Holly just smiled and said that she didn't plan on hurting him.

**********

Holly smiled over at Jacob as he dropped her off at the Cullen's house. She didn't have to work today so she planned on spending it here with Bella. Jacob was glad that his best friend and girlfriend were getting along. He sensed that something wasn't right. That's when he spotted Edward running out of the house. Jacob and Holly quickly got out of the car to see what was going on.

"What happened?" Jacob asked.

"The baby was tearing it's way out of her. I had to turn her or she would've died. It's a girl and she's incredible. She has a large growth spurt. Alice said she knew of a half human half vampire a long time ago. He was fully grown in the seven years of his life. And she can talk to us through touch." Edward led them into the house.

Rosalie was holding a baby that looked like she was two months old instead of a newborn. She had burly bronze hair like Edward, chubby cheeks, and Bella's eyes.

"Hi Renesmee!" Holly smiled.

The baby reached up and touched her. At once she began to have a vision that the baby was happy to meet her.

"Where's Bella?" Jacob asked.

"Up the stairs in the guest room."

Holly and Jacob rushed up the stairs with Edward trailing behind them. Jacob opened the door to the room. His mouth dropped when he saw Bella laying on the bed not moving. He could smell the strong celaning chemicals that was used to clean the blood.

"holly you won't be able to see her for a while." said Edward. "Once she phases she'll only crave one thing."

"I understand."

Holly was a little bummed that she wouldn't get to see Bella, but she knew it was for her safety.