Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Jett

Holly sat on the couch feeling extremely uncomfortable. She couldn't sleep in her bed last night so she came downstairs in hopes that the couch would comfort her; but it didn't. Her parents were still fast asleep when the pain hit her all at once. Holly yelled out to them as loud as she could. They both came rushing down the stairs.

"It's time." she panted.

It didn't take them long to get ready and to get Holly's hospital bag. The pain was so unberable as she walked out to the car. Her mom slipped into the back seat with her and told her to lay her head down on her lap so she could get somewhat comfortable.

"We have to pick up Jake." she breathed.

"We will." Jason called from the driver's seat.

He sped off down the street and headed towards Jacob's house. Thankfully, Jacob was outside mending to his car when they pulled up.

"It's time." Jason called.

Jacob quickly ran inside to tell his dad then headed for the car. He jumped into the passenger seat and looked back at Holly.

"Hey baby." he smiled while reaching for her hand.

"Hey." she said before having another contraction.

It felt like a menstrual cramp a thousand times worse. Jason told her to hang on as he headed towards the hospital. Holly already registered last month so when they walked into the delivery floor she was immediately taken to a room and hooked up to an IV. The nurse checked her and told her that she was five centimeters dilated-only five more to go.

"I can't take the pain." she screamed. "I want an epidural."

The nurse told her that it would take about ten minutes to get the drugs. Holly sat in the bed staring at the TV as another contraction hit. She watched the monitor sky rocket. The nurse finally came back inside with the man that would be during her epidural. Everyone had to get out of the room why they did this. Holly sat up letting her back being exposed and turned around so her legs were dangling off the hospital bed.

"Okay, tilt your head to your chest and relax." he said.

Holly did as she was told. She felt a little bit of pressure as the epidural was stuck into her spine.

"Good girl." he said. "We're all done, you can lay back down."

The nurse helped her lay back on the bed.

"Do you feel that contraction?" she asked while glancing at the monitor.

"No, I don't!" Holly sighed in relief as the drug began to take affect.

"Good deal. Is there anything else you need?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you."

Holly waited for the other's to come back into the room. When Jacob came through the curtain she smiled up at him which made him laugh.

"You look like you feel better!" he said while taking a seat next to the bed.

"I do!" she said.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

Sherri and Jason stood at the foot of the bed with smiles on their faces.

"What's that?"

Holly watched in shock as Jacob got down on his knee and presented her with a beautiful diamond ring with smaller diamonds along the band.

"Holly Marie Carter, will you marry me?" he asked.

"Yes! Of course I will!"

Jacob tried to put the ring on her finger but they were so swollen.

"Whenever your fingers swell down you can wear it!"

"Okay."

Holly waited for the next six hours in bed. Since her legs were all numb from the epidural she had to use a bed pan for the bathroom which was embarrassing. Around eight o'clock that night she began to have a strong urge to push.

"I feel pressure. I have to push." she groaned.

"Hold on. Don't push yet." Sherri said.

She quickly went out in the hall to find the nurse. She came back in minutes later and checked Holly.

"Let me get Doctor Cullen. You're ready to push!"

"Thank God!" breathed Holly. "I'm ready to meet jett!"

"Me too!" Jacob smiled.

About five minutes later Doctor Cullen and a few other nurses came into the room.

"I'll wait out in the hall!" Jason said as he quickly left not wanting to see anything that would make him pass out.

Holly's legs were hoisted up in the stirrups as Carlisle got everything ready. Jacob and Sherri were on either side of her.

"Okay Holly, here we go. Give me a big push."

Fourty minutes had passed when Holly finally pushed Jett out. Carlisle placed him on Holly's chest. She smiled down at him noticing how much he looked like Jacob. They wiped him off then took him over to weigh him and clean him up. Jacob took tons of photos of him then held him as he stood by Holly's bed. He then handed him down to her and gave her a sweet kiss.

"You did great!" he said.

"Yes, you did." responded Carlisle.

Holly thanked him with a hug. She then looked down at her beautiful son who was staring up into her eyes. At that moment Holly's heart melted. She had the perfect guy in her life and a beautiful son to go with it.