Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Imprint

Holly smiled over at Emily as she finished helping her clean up the kitchen. Emily thanked her and told her that she was more than welcome to come over again. Emily gave Jacob the thumbs up. He nodded knowing that Emily really liked her. She was the woman of the pack and she had to approve of the imprints.

"Do you want to come to my house?" Jacob asked.

Holly didn't know if she should go to his house or not. She would much rather him come to hers. Jacob could sense what she was feeling so he quickly changed his mind.

"Or I could come to yours." he suggested.

"Yes, that would be better."

When Jacob came to a stop in front of Holly's house he whistled loudly.

"Wow, this is a nice house." he said.

"I know right!"

Holly and Jacob got out of the car and headed inside. She gave him the grand tour of the house. Jacob was amazed at the large flat screen TV that was set up in the living room.

"No way, you have a PS3?" he said happily.

"You can play it if you want."

Jacob went over to the entertainment stand that contained a lot of DVD's and video games. He browsed through the games until he finally decided to put in Mortal Kombat.

"Do you want to play?" he asked Holly.

"Sure. Uh, do you want anything to drink?"

"Beer please!"

Holly's mouth slightly dropped which made Jacob laugh at her.

"Kidding! A coke is fine!"

"Oh, right!" she nervously replied.

Holly went into the kitchen to retrieve two cokes. Jacob thanked her as she handed him his drink. Holly took a spot next to him on the couch. They played the game for over an hour and needless to say Jacob kicked her butt. When they finished Holly decided to call her mom to see if she could go to the bonfire with Jacob.

"Hey sweetie! I'm sorry but Jason is really tied up at work. We might not be back until tomorrow. Will you be okay by yourself tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I have a question though. I met some friends at the beach today and Jacob wanted to know if I can come to a bonfire with him tonight."

"Jacob? A guy?" Sherri asked excitedly.

Holly glanced over at Jacob who was taking a sip from his coke can.

"Yeah, he's really nice."

"That's fine with me! I know this isn't normal for a parent to do but I don't feel safe with you in that big house all alone. Do you think Jacob can stay over tonight? He can sleep in the guest bedroom of course."

"Let me ask." Holly covered the mouth piece with her hand. "My mom and stepdad won't be back until tomorrow. They want to know if you can stay here with me tonight. You can stay in the guest bedroom."

Jacob outstretched his hand for my phone. I handed it to him wondering why he wanted to talk to my mom.

"Hi, this is Jacob...Hi Sherri!....It won't be any problem at all!....I'm sixteen...Yeah, I'm not a serial killer or anything. Holly will be fine....Okay, here she is."

Jacob handed the phone back to Holly.

"I like him!" Sherrie said.

"Okay that's good mom! I got to go."

"Be safe. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too!"

Holly couldn't believe that her mom was going to let Jacob stay the night. They could watch some movies after the bonfire and pop some popcorn.

"Holly before I spend the night there is something I need to tell you." he began. "If you don't want to hang out with me after this I understand."

"Okay?" she replied not really sure what he was talking about.

"Would you like to join me outside?"

Holly nodded as she stood up. She followed Jacob outside and into the woods. He stood there for a few minutes before speaking.

"I'm not what you think I am. Years ago the cold ones set foot on my ancestors land and because of this they turned into wolves. When I first saw you everything changed. I felt like I had to tell you about me and it was like I fell madly in love with you. You're my imprint Holly-my soul mate and because of that I have to show you what I am."

At that moment Jacob ran into the woods. Holly stood there not really knowing what to do. She heard ruffling form behind her. She turned around and screamed when she saw a huge russet colored wolf in front of her. The wolf put it's large paw over her mouth to silence her. She quietly stared into its eyes seeing her reflection staring back. That's when she realized what Jacob was trying to tell her-he was a wolf.

"You're a wolf?" she asked.

The wolf nodded which made Holly feel dizzy. Before she new it she was falling backwards with the world spinning around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today is my very first mother's day!!! Don't forget to tell your mom's how much you love them and appreciate them today! :)