Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Bonfire

"Holly, are you okay?"

Holly opened her eyes to see Jacob kneeling over her. She couldn't believe that she had just fainted, but what person wouldn't under thses circumstances? Jacob had just revealed to her that he's a wolf. Holly thought she was dreaming until she pinched herself. She winced at the pain she had caused her arm.

"Yeah. How are you a wolf?" she asked.

"I told you I'm a descendent from an ancient line of shape shifters. When there's a threat of a vampire on our land we turn into wolves." Jacob helped Holly up to her feet.

"Are you the only one?"

Jacob shook his head. "No, Sam, Quil, Embry, Paul, Seth, Leah, and Jarred are all part of the pack."

"Can you turn into a wolf when you want?"

Jacob nodded. "And if I get angry I phase so don't make me mad!" he joked.

Holly nervously laughed then she abruptly stopped. "Hold on! You're telling me theres such things as vampires?"

"I didn't believe it either until I shifted."

Holly began to walk back and forth. She didn't know how to react to this. She would've thought Jacob was crazy, but he had showed her his wolf form so she believed him. What else was out there that she didn't know about.?

"You also said something about an imprint."

"It's a method of finding ones soulmate. I will act on whatever you need Holly whether it be a protector, a lover, or a sibling."

Holly swallowed hard as Jacob came closer to her. He softly cupped his hand around her cheek then softly pressed his lips against her forehead.

"You're my world now Holly. Without you I couldn't go on. I will do anything for you." he whispered.

Holly felt her whole body shiver underneath Jacob's touch. All of this was mindblowing; she finally meets a guy and he turns out to be a wolf, and imprints on her. She smiled up at him loving the fact that for once she finally meant everything to a guy. She couldn't give up his affection because it was so strong and just by the way he was looking at her sent her in a head spin. Without realizing what she was doing Holly reached up and pressed her lips softly against Jacob's. He slowly parted his mouth to allow Holly to slip her tongue between his lips. The way he tasted was unlike nothing she ever tasted before. Her heart began to race as Jacob carefully pressed her against the tree. His hands reached underneath her shirt and rested on her sides. He wasn't going to do anything that she didn't want to do.

When Holly pulled away she felt herself blush. This made Jacob smile down at her. He couldn't believe that he had finally found his soul mate after all this time. With Holly's hand softly in his he led her down to the beach where he found Paul and Sam putting the bonfire together. Soon, Emily and Leah showed up with a bunch of food. Quil set a table up by the already lit fire so the girls could put the food on it. Basically it was hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks, cookies, and things to make smores.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Jacob asked as he softly kissed her cheek.

"I guess a hamburger and a cookie."

"Sit down by the fire and keep warm while I get you some food."

Holly took a seat on a blanket that was located close by the fire. Sam sat down across from me and smiled widely.

"I guess he told you huh?" he asked.

Holly nodded. "Yeah, he told me!"

"Good. You'll love the story I tell tonight then!"

Jacob soon came back with two plates of food; his had a bunch of things on it and two sodas. Holly thanked him as he handed her a plate. She opened up her pop took a sip then began to eat. When everyone was finished Emily passed around marshmellows, sticks, graham crackers, and chocolate bars so they could make smores while Sam told his story. Holly laughed when Jacob's Marshmellow fell in the fire. He blushed over at her then stuck another one on the stick. Holly put her smore together then took a bite. It tasted great.

Sam then begins to tell the story of how the Quileutes came to be werewolves. They were originally spirit warriors, able to leave their bodies to defend their tribe, but when the last great chief, Taha Aki, merged his spirit with that of a wolf after Utlapa, a traitorous warrior, stole his body, the werewolves were created. They discovered that as long as a warrior chose to continue changing into his wolf form he would not age.

Holly didn't notice an older man next to the fire. Jacob told her that it was old Quil Atera. He began to tell the story of the third wife's sacrifice. Holly listened intently as he talked about the cold ones being vampires. She couldn't believe that there were actually vampires and werewolves in the world. After the story everyone just sat around talking for a bit before Holly began to yawn. She had a very eventful day and it wore her out.

"Let's get you back home." Jacob whispered.

"Okay." she said while standing up. "Thanks for inviting me. I enjoyed the stories!" she told Sam and old Quil.

"Anytime." they both told her.

She told the others good night before following Jacob up the hill towards her house. She didn't want this night to end, but sleep was starting to take over her body.