Status: Finished

Love Is Worth the Fall

Parents

Holly opened her eyes when she heard the front door open and close. She noticed that she was in the living room. That's when she bolted upright looking for Jacob. She smiled widely when she saw him laying on the floor. She wondered why he hadn't gone up to the guest bedroom. She looked over to see that the movie they had been watching last night was back at the main menu. Holly and Jacob cuddled up together on the couch after they got back and it didn't take long for Holly to fall fast asleep. She looked over to see her mom and stepdad looking from her to Jacob who was laying on the floor.

"Sorry, we were watching a movie and fell asleep. Nothing happened." she quickly said.

Sherri smiled. "I know. We trust you Holly."

Jacob stirred on the floor. His eyes opened and he quickly sat up which made my mom laugh.

"Good morning to you too!" she said.

"You must be Holly's mom Sherri. I'm Jacob!"

Jacob stood up and shook Sherri's hand then Jason's.

"It's nice to meet you Jacob. Thanks for staying over last night." Jason said. He then turned to Holly. "We got you registered at the school and your schedule will be ready on the first day."

Holly nodded. School would be starting next monday. That meant she had the weekend then it would be time for her Senior Year. She actually was excited about going to school since she would see Jacob.

"Okay." she said. "Do you care if Jacob and I hang out today?" she looked over at him. "Unless you have other plans?"

"No, I would love for us to hang out. I just have to change the oil in my car today. Would you want to come over to my house for a bit and meet my dad since I got to meet your parents?"

Holly glanced up at her mom. "It's fine with me!"

"Great! Let me go get ready!"

"We'll start some breakfast. Are you hungry Jacob?" asked Jason.

"Starving!"

Holly excitedly ran up the stairs and into her room. She quickly took a shower then got ready for the day. She was so excited to get to spend more time with Jacob. There was so much more that she wanted to know about him. When she walked back into the kitchen she found Jacob talking up a storm to her parents. They all stopped talking and looked at Holly.

"Breakfast will be ready shortly!" Jason told her.

"Great!"

Holly sank down at the kitchen table next to Jacob. He glanced over at her and gave her a small smile. She returned the smile. Holly still couldn't believe what he was, but she had to come to terms with it. There are things in life that are miraculous. Jason fixed everyone a plate filled with eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast. When Holly and Jacob finished eating they washed their plates off in the sink.

"I guess I'll see you all later!" Holly told them.

"Be careful sweetie." Sherri said.

"Don't worry. I'll take good care of her!"

Jacob placed his arm protectively around her shoulders. Holly felt herself blush under his touch. After telling her parents one last goodbye she followed Jacob out to his car. He drove a few miles until he pulled onto a gravel road. Holly spotted his red house with a barn next to it. It was really old and needed to be fixed up, but she definitely wasn't going to judge where he lived.

He pulled his car next to an old Chevy pick up truck. Jacob gave her a soft smile before getting out of the car. Nervously Holly followed in suite and made her way onto the porch. She was scared about meeting Jacob's parents. Would they like her or dissaprove? Since she was his imprint there wasn't much they could do. Jacob opened up the door for her and ushered her inside. The house was decked out in Indian decor. Holly also noticed how small the house was.

"Dad, this is Holly. Holly this is my dad Billy." Jacob introduced.

Holly jumped when she spotted Jacob's dad sitting in the corner. She wasn't aware that he was in the room. he sat in a wheelchair which made Holly wonder what had happened to him.

"It's nice to meet you Holly!" Billy smiled.

"You too!"

Holly shook his hand then looked over at Jacob wondering what they were going to do.

"We'll be in my room."

"Leave the door open." replied Billy.

Holly blushed as she followed Jacob into his small room. He only had enough space for a twin sized bed, a little dresser, and a tv stand with an older tv sat on it. Jacob grabbed a cd case off the floor that was filled with nothing but DVDs. He found a movie to watch and stuck it into the DVD player before turning it on.

"Is it just you and your dad?" Holly asked.

"Yeah, my mom died in a car crash when I was younger."

"I'm sorry to hear that. What was her name?"

"Sarah." he responded.

"And you're an only child?"

"I have older sisters Rachel and Rebecca. They're twins. But they live out of town."

"I see."

Holly and Jacob talked for what seemed like hourse. Holly was really beginning to have stronger feelings towards him. While they were in the middle of talking and watching the movie a knock on the door interrupted them. They both glanced up expecting to see Billy, instead Holly saw a girl with brunette hair, chocolate brown eyes, and a small frame. She glanced over at Jacob to see that his mouth was slightly opened. Holly wondered if these two had a past together.