Status: really slow updates, sorry

Me and you living under a Paper Moon

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Alex’s POV
„What’s up bro?” Jack asked me.
“Lisa cheated on me, that bitch! I can’t fucking believe it”
“Wait, what? She cheated on you? Fucking hoe!”
Jack walked over to me and hugged me. He knew that I thought Lisa was the one, but obviously I was so wrong. Jack continued hugging me until I was calm again. I needed to be alone now. I needed a place where I could think about what happened today. Then I remembered the park I saw when we came back from the club earlier.
“Jack, I need some time to think about things. I’m gonna be back later”
I gave him another hug and a kiss on the cheek. Don’t ask, we’re only really close friends. Best friends. I walked out of the hotel we were currently staying at and took the cab that was standing right in front of it. I told the driver my destination and he started driving off. When we were halfway there, I wondered if anybody else is going to be at the park right now, but then I remembered that it was probably already 3am. He parked right in front of the entrance and I got out of the cab. After I entered it, I heard someone playing guitar.

At first I thought it’s just some random hobo, but when the person started singing I realized that it was a girl. And her voice was pretty fucking beautiful. I looked around and saw her sitting against a tree on the other end of the park. She looked like she was about to cry. It was heartbreaking. When I listened closer, I heard that she was playing Therapy. Our Therapy. So she was a fan? I didn’t want to disturb her, so I just awkwardly stood there and watched her playing and singing. When she finished the song, she put her guitar down, but she still didn’t see me. I decided that now was the time to go to her. I started walking, but when I was halfway there she looked up and saw me coming over to her. I saw her grabbing something in her pocket, it could have been a gun but I didn’t think that a girl like her owns one, so I just ignored it. When I was standing right in front of her, I held my hand out to shake hers. She looked up and suddenly her eyes widened. She looked like she would get a heart attack any moment .
“Hey, I’m Alex Gaskarth”
“I..uhm… I know w-who you are…” she stuttered. It was cute.
“That’s good, then we can skip the introducing part. Why is a girl like you sitting in a park on her own? And that at 3am.”
“Well, that’s kind of a really long story…” she said, this time more confidently.
“I know a coffee shop that’s open 24/7, come with me, I’d even pay for you. Of course only if you want”
“That would be nice, thank you” she said, grabbed her guitar and got up from the ground.
We started walking out of the park and towards the coffee shop I was talking about.
“So what’s your name, gorgeous?”
She started blushing like crazy, it was so cute. Everything this girl does is cute as fuck.
“My name’s Zoe.”
“That’s a pretty name, it fits you”
We were talking about random things on our way to the coffee place, It was like we knew each other for years and not for minutes. When we reached it, we were talking about dogs. I don’t know how this topic started, but we both found out that we love animals. We entered the coffee shop and sat down at a table in a corner.
“Would you like to tell me your story now? We have plenty of time” I asked her politely. I didn’t want her to do something she doesn’t want. She nodded and started talking about her past. At the end of the story, she was sobbing and it broke my heart to see a girl like her crying. I got up and sat down next to her, pulling her in a comforting hug. After a few minutes she calmed down, but she still looked sad so I tried to make her smile again.
“So, you have like, a crush on me, don’t you?” I said, a smirk evident on my face.
During her story she also told me about one of our shows and how I was her hero and everything. It was wonderful to hear what kind of effect I had on her. It shows that what I do is much more than just making music. My songs actually help some people. She started laughing like crazy and I joined in.
“Oh my god shut up, this is so embarrassing”
“No, it’s adorable”
We continued talking about random things like favorite colors, favorite animals and stuff like that.
“I have to go home now” she stated after an hour. She sounded sad.
“Really? That sucks, but can I have your number so we can text each other?”
Her eyes widened in shock, in moments like this I’d like to be able to read minds.
“Uh.. sure”
I gave her my phone, she typed in her number in and handed it back afterwards.
“Thanks, I’m gonna text you later, I guess. Bye”
Before she had the chance to walk out of the coffee shop, I ran after her and hugged her. After I let her go again, she had the biggest smile ever on her face.
I already forgot about Lisa.