Status: really slow updates, sorry

Me and you living under a Paper Moon

I Feel Like Dancin'

After our little encounter with All Time Low in the park, we decided to go to McDonalds to converse about the day’s events. Ali was still a little shocked about meeting her favorite band in a park in her hometown and I still haven’t recovered from the hug Alex gave me. How can one single person create so many different feelings in me? There’s pure shock because I still can’t believe that we actually met, happiness because he makes me feel good inside and the fear of never seeing him again after those few days. But right now I just wanna concentrate on being happy while they’re here.

After eating lots and lots of burgers and fries, Ali suggested to go to the mall because she had too much money to spend on unnecessary things, so we took the bus and got there after a 10-minute-long drive filled with random chatter. When we entered the huge building, Ali dragged me into Topshop. I strolled through the shop, stopping to look at a shirt or jeans once in a while when I heard Ali shout my name.

“What is it, Ali? Could you possibly at least act like you’re slightly normal?”

“I’m sorry but have a look at this dress, it’s beautiful. You so have to wear it when you’re going for a coffee with Alex” she said excitedly.

I went over to where she stood and looked at the dress. She was right, it was indeed beautiful. It was knee-length and plain black with a silver band at the waist. It wasn’t too elegant, but didn’t look like a casual dress either. I absolutely had to buy it.

A few hours later

I was lying in my bed, ready to fall asleep when I heard my phone ring. It was a text from Alex.

‘Hey Z, meet me at Starbucks 4pm tomorrow xx Alex’

I smiled at the nickname when I read it and texted back immediately

‘k lex, can’t wait to see you again xo Zoe’

On the next day

Alex’s POV

“Okay guys, we’re finished for today. Good job. See you tomorrow at the same time” our producer said after a rather exhausting day in the studio. We managed to record 8 out of 14 songs today which is kind of good and bad at the same time, because finishing the recording-process would mean leaving the UK and Zoe and going back to the USA. I don’t know how I’m feeling for Zoe yet, but I do know that I’m interested in her. The thought of her made a weird feeling erupt in my stomach I couldn’t quite place. When I looked at the time, I realized that I only had half an hour left until I had to be at Starbucks to meet her. I jumped up from the sofa I was sitting in and ran to the bathroom of the studio. Seeing as we’re basically living in here, lots of our personal stuff is stored in the studio. I used lots of hairspray and styled my hair, changed into nicer clothes and when I finished it was already three fifty, so I hurried downstairs to catch a cab to Starbucks.

I got there five minutes early and decided to pick out a booth with a nice view. I sat down and waited for her to arrive, and with every minute that passed I got more and more nervous. Why? I honestly don’t know. I kept staring at the door and when she finally arrived, the sight of her took my breath away. She was wearing a black dress that complimented her curves and compared to when I first met her, she looked like a completely different person. She was stunning. As she got closer to me, I got up and held my arms out for a hug. She blushed, but hugged me anyway. We sat down in the booth and ordered our drinks. While nipping at our coffees, we talked about anything that came to our minds.

“Do you have any plans for tonight?” I asked her after talking for a while.

“I don’t think so. What about you?”

“I feel like going out tonight. Having a few drinks sounds like heaven to me right now after the exhausting day in the studio”

“Well I’m in, why not start right now? There are already bars open so let’s start there and we can just go from bar to bar throughout the whole night”

“Sounds like a plan”

We got up, paid for our coffees and left for the first bar. It wasn’t far away from Starbucks, so after a few minutes of walking we entered the empty bar. We sat down and ordered our first drinks, I had a beer and she ordered a Sex On The Beach. As the night went on, our drinks got stronger and stronger, the flirting got more intense and by the end of the night we were beyond wasted. I was still able to walk somehow, but Zoe was stumbling around so I had to support her. Because we were too drunk to think about taking a cab, we started walking towards her house.

Halfway there, Zoe tripped over her own feet and landed on somebody’s front yard. She started laughing like crazy because let’s face it, it was hilarious. I tried helping her up, but she refused and pulled me down by my arm. I landed on her and just as I was about to move, she looked into my eyes with the most intense look ever. I could feel the sparks between us and I was pretty sure she did too. I really wanted to kiss her. I leaned in, our lips got closer and just when they were about to touch the owners of the house were yelling at us to leave their front yard. I sighed because they ruined an amazing moment, but got up nevertheless. I pulled Zoe up with me and we continued the walk to her house.

After a few minutes, we arrived there. We were standing at her front porch when I got the urge to kiss her again. I pulled her closer to me until we were standing chest to chest. We looked into each other’s eyes and that’s when I realized that she wants this as bad as I do, so we both leaned in again, not breaking the eye-contact until the final moment when our lips touched. There was definitely a spark between us, I was sure of that. After a few seconds our lips disconnected again and we both blushed. Call it cliché, but that kiss was perfect.

Simple, but perfect.