Status: Work in Progress

Holding Someone's Hair Back

2/1

-Cadence-

You know how when you wake up in the morning, and for a very short period of time, everything feels alright? Then, reality finds its way inside your head and hits you like a ton of fucking bricks? That's how I feel, all of the time since Vic had been taken away. My world had fallen into oblivion and I'm left with nothing but the battered pieces that were left behind.

I got up from the couch and walked over to the door. I feel bad for this doorbell. If it could talk, it would've told me to replace it along time ago. The doorbell has been ringing non-stop since everyone found out that Vic was taken away and put in rehab. I've been getting visits from people that I'd never thought I'd see again. Jaime stopped by to make sure that I was fine. Tony and Stephanie dropped by with a few other people whom I could care less about. Vic's parents called and I spoke to them. And you know what they all had in common? They were people that I could honestly care less about. They didn't give a shit when he was here. I hadn't spoken to them in 2 years. And now they want to tell me all this shit about how sorry they are? I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or Vic. I just needed more help. The both of us did.

I swung the door open and almost fainted. My eye sight went ballistic and a wave of nausea hit me, causing me to stumble. Once I got myself together I looked at him once again. His hair was a mess and he was still in the same clothes that he had worn since that night. I brushed the side of his face and my hand was scratched by the growing hair on his cheek. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, where he kissed it ever so softly. He stepped forward, making me step back until we were both inside. He shut the door and placed his attention back on me.

"I thought I'd never see you again." he mumbled. I gasped lightly. I couldn't remember how wonderful it was to hear the sound of his voice. My mind went into a frenzy and I started crying. I threw myself at him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Oh god no," he said. "Please don't do that."

I didn't listen. I couldn't help myself. I cried even more with every word he spoke. Never could a person speak so beautifully. He kissed my cheek and thats when I lost it. My legs fell from beneath me and I dropped. Vic fell with me, never letting me go, and I continued to cry.

"Shhh," he said in my ear as he cradled me in his arms and rocked me back and forth. "Everything is fine. C'mon, lets get you off the floor."

I shook my head and waited for him to get up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up with him. He took me up the stairs and laid me down on our bed. I pulled him down with me and the both of us lied with each other. I've missed this so much. It's been a while since we got to do this. Since we've done anything. And now here we are. Staring at each other like we hadn't seen one another in almost 2 years. Literally, it's been almost a year and a half.

"I missed you Vic." I said quietly. He smiled and my heart burst with joy. No one can smile like he can. I continued to stare at him. I couldn't believe what was right in front of me. He was here. I thought he wouldn't come back to me at all. I never let go of the fact that I wasn't important to him anymore. I thought he'd run off after he got out and just sit somewhere losing his mind and his life. But somewhere in there, he still managed to hang on to me and he came back after I had basically gave up and given him away.

"I'm-"

"You don't have to say it for me to know it." he said putting his finger to my lips. "I already know you didn't want me to leave. I saw the look in your eyes when they came in. You weren't going to give up so easily. That's why I came back to you." he stopped and pecked my lips with a kiss. "I knew you'd be waiting for me." he smiled again and brushed the hair out of my face.

"I missed you Vic."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its really short. But it didn't feel right when it was longer than this. Alot of it didn't make sense and I wasn't going to start over and add things. Besides, it wouldn't matter further on in the story. So yeah.
And stop being so quiet. I appreciate criticism and what not.

-Tommiliyn-