Status: pretty much active.

Lake Place

chapter two.

"I think we'd better see Mr. and Mrs. Williamson," Grandma suggested. She and Pattie left, leaving me and Justin standing awkwardly in the living room.

"Well, this is awkward," Justin said after pulling his shirt on.

"You just read my mind," I replied, smiling slightly. "Well, I'm Emerald, but most people call me Emmy."

"I'm Justin, but most people call me Justin." I smiled. "I think I figured that out already."

"Have you ever been here before?" I asked him.

"No, one of my mom's friends recommended it. Since I'm on breakfrom tour, we decided it would be nice to get away from it all for a little while."

I nodded. "Yeah, this is pretty much my escape before school starts again. It's like a last 'hurrah.'" He smiled and sat down on one of the two recliners, and I sat across-legged on the couch. We just sat there silently for a few minutes.

"To add to the awkwardness..." I trailed off.

"Yeeeeaaahhhh."

Finally we heard steps on the stairs. Grandma and Pattie walked in and Justin and I looked at them expectantly.

"Here's the deal," said Grandma. "Mrs. Williamson goofed on the weeks, but if we can stay all together, she'll give us a reduced rate. Is that okay with you both?"

Justin and I both nodded. Is this really happening?
♠ ♠ ♠
so, a short one. please review.

xoxo Lauren