Status: Hiatus until further notice and new ideas for this one.

The Life of a Hollywood It Girl

Living the Life

Growing up in Hollywood wasn't easy for a girl like me. From birth I was thrusted into the spotlight. My father Michael Mendez was established long before he met my mother Annabelle Roberts, a model/aspiring actress. I was labeled a spoiled brat when I went to school because of my father's bank account. In my teens I didn't do like others did. I didn't drink or smoke, instead I preferred to be the good kid and do well in school. Eventually I became a model like my mom and thought about becoming an actress. I refused to allow my father to find me roles in any movies that he planned on directing because I wanted to make it on my own and show everyone that I could make it in the business. As for my mother after being rejected and put in movies that didn't make it to the theaters she changed completely. She drank more and destroyed all of her relationships which also included my father who divorced her when I was 7. Hell she went as far as to verbally abuse me by telling me that I wasn't beautiful enough to be a model or an actress.

I was leaving my agent's office after receiving a call back that I did for a new Guy Ritchie film. There was one more actress left besides me that I didn't exactly know who it was. I had a feeling it was Megan Fox. I walked downstairs and out of the building as my phone rang. I checked to see who it was and noticed it was my dad. I pressed Send on my bluetooth and continued to my car.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey princess, I need you to come by the studio today. Your idiotic assistant sent your photos here instead of your place." He said.

"Maya is not an idiot. Those are the copies that I intended to come get because I'm flying to Miami for a photoshoot but since you insist I will be there in 10 minutes." I said as I pressed open on my Bentley and got in.

"Okay beautiful." he said before hanging up.

***

10 minutes later I pulled up to his offices and put my car in park turning it off. I pulled down my long wavy hair and fluffed it to look presentable. I grabbed my lipgloss and put some on my lips before grabbing my sunglasses. I exited my car and walked to the lobby doors going in. Susan, his receptionist was there waving and I loved her because she was always really nice to me. I waved back. I walked to the elevators and got on pressing the 3rd floor. The elevator finally stopped as I checked my messages. Walking down the hallway I could hear him laughing so I knocked lightly.

"Come in." He yelled from the other side of the door. I opened the door and walked in. I saw my father talking to Dwayne Johnson a.k.a The Rock. My father worked with him as a producer on 'The Scorpion King' and then he did some work on 'Southland Tales'.

"Natalie, you remember Dwayne." He said as I walked into the office.

"Yeah." I smiled

"Wow." Dwayne said while standing up. "Little Natalie has grown up." He said. I met him a few times and he was the nicest guy I have ever been around which would probably explain my little crush on him. He held out his arms for a hug and I walked over wrapping my arms around him. Immediately I could feel my heart race and just as quickly as the hug started it ended. I was feeling flustered so I turned to my father.

"Daddy." I walked over and gave him a hug with a kiss on his cheek. He kissed mine back and hugged me tightly.

"Man, how's your mother?" He asked.

"Mom's mom." I said.

He nodded and he walked around the desk. He got the pictures and walked back to me putting them in my hands.

"Here you go." He said.

"Thank you dad." I smiled looking at the photos.

"So, what's this photoshoot in Miami about?" He asked.

I looked at Dwayne and then back at my dad.

"It's fine Dwayne's been around our family long enough."

"Maxim photoshoot." I said.

"And who's idea was that?" He asked all overprotective.

"My publicist thinks that it would be a great way to get face out there if I get this role." I said.

"What role?" Dwayne asked.

"Well as of right now the movie is untitled but it's by Guy Ritchie film." I said.

"That's good. He makes amazing films and I'm sure you will be great in it." He said.

"I agree." I smiled. "Well you guys I'll let you get back to work. I'm going to stop by mom's house." I walked over and gave my dad a hug.

"I'll see you later princesa." He said.

"And it was great seeing you again Dwayne." I turned to see him checking me out.

"Great seeing you too. Maybe I will see you in Miami." He said.

"Maybe." I walked to the door knowing I was blushing. I turned and waved once more before leaving the room.

Now I definitely want that man.

I pulled into the driveway of my mom's house and turned off my car. As I got out I knew immediately I would regret it. I walked up on the porch and opened the front door walking in.

"Mom!" I yelled out.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled back.

I followed her voice and walked into the kitchen to see her mixing up some margaritas.

"Mom, it's 11 in the morning." I complained.

"My house and my prerogative."

"Okay Bobby Brown." I sat down on the stool.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"I'm about to go to Miami and I want to see my mom before I go." I watched her pour up a large glass of margarita and could smell the tequila. I shook my head.

"Want some?" She asked.

"As much as I like to party, I don't party this much." I said.

"Whatever more for me." She said.

"Mom, that shit will kill you." I said.

"But I will die happy." She said.

"Mom, you are way too beautiful for this." I said.

"How's your father and his little girlfriend?" She changed the topic.

"Mary is her name and they are fine." I noticed the look in her eyes.

"Yeah." She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh my God, that's it. You still are in love with my daddy." I said.

"Maybe, I mean he is my first love." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Mom, you should quit drinking and maybe try again with dad." I told her.

"Maybe you should mind your own fucking business." She said bitterly.

I paused for a minute and looked at her.

"Okay and on that note enjoy drinking yourself into a drunken stupor and I will see you when I get back if I feel like being berated." I grabbed my cell and purse and walked out. I wished that my relationship with my mom were different but I knew she resented me. It's something in her eyes. I guess that was the the cards that I was dealt. I walked out of the house and back to my car. I knew who could cheer me up. My girl Cassie Pietro. I started up my car and set out to visit her store Cruel Sensations.

***

I pulled open the door to the store and walked in to see Cassie arranging some clothes on display.

"Cas!" I yelled out to her.

"Hey Nat, What's up?" She asked as I walked over and looked at this cute dress she just put out.

"Nothing just came back from seeing my mom." I said.

"Oh..." She said with a frown.

"Yeah, so I came to see you for a pick me up and maybe lunch. Please tell me you have this in my size." I said while looking at this Dolce & Gabbana bronze dress.

"Yep, want to try it on."

"Nah, I'm good. We need to talk." I said.

"About?" She asked while searching through the racks. She pulled the dress out and gave it to me.

"The fact that my dad had Dwayne Johnson in his office today and I busted him checking me out big time." I said as I leaned against the glass display.

"Dwayne Johnson as in WWE Dwayne Johnson?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"He's a gorgeous man." She said.

"Tell me about it. I think my crush is back." I said.

"I think you should go for it. Hell he might be the perfect man for you." She said.

"How do you figure?" I asked.

"Well let's see, he's smart, successful, handsome, tall, charismatic, and a little bit older which means life experience. You do like older men anyways so he's perfect." She said.

"Well you do have some interesting points but why would he be interested in me though? He's been married and has a kid. I don't have enough life experience for him and according to my mom I'm not that beautiful." I said.

"You need to stop listening to your drunk of a mother because your gorgeous and so what? You actually have a brain unlike most models so that makes up for lacking experience." She answered me.

"Thank you. So lunch and it's your pick!"

"Italian?" She asked. Of course she would pick that since she's half Italian and black.

"Cecconi's?" i asked.

"Definitely. Amy!" She shouted out to one of her employees.

"Yes Miss Pietro?" Amy came out of the back with a box.

"I am going to lunch and I'll be back in an hour. Would you like me to bring something?"

"No ma'am." Amy answered.

"Don't call me ma'am or Miss Pietro just Cassie is fine."

"Okay Cassie." She said with a smile.

"When I get back you can go on your break."

"Cool." She started unpacking more clothing.

Cassie grabbed her bag and pulled out her sunglasses and put them on. We walked out of the store and headed to my car.