Don't you tell me if I can be happy

Don't you tell med if I can be happy - Chapter 1

Almost 10 months later:

Tobias was putting himself together mentally to face his father. Carl Ketner was the most unpredictable man in the history of mankind, so Tobias choose to wrap his mind around his success to have something nice to think about. What was nice to think about in is life apart from that? Come to think of, he couldn’t make anything out of the last 10 months other than more success.

It was 10 months since Lucy left. That seemed to be the only explanation to why he was so down. 10 months, and even with her last lie ringing in his ears, he still missed her. Just when he thought about how many precautions they had taken so that they wouldn’t need to face the fact of a baby and her cheating, he still missed her.

He turned his chair away from his big panorama windows so that he could face his dad when he heard the low sound indicating the elevator had reached the top floor. Tobias watched his father climb gracefully out of it, walk like the man he still was up to his desk, lean down with his hands in tight fists and watch him with a anger Tobias hadn’t seen since he was a little kid.

- When the hell were you planning on telling me and your mom we have grandkids? For not to mention how in heavens name did you get to Seattle a month ago to support the baby mother when you were in Asia?

Those words almost made Tobias fall of his comfortable chair. How did his father know about his grandchild, when he himself didn’t even know he was a father? - I wasn’t aware of that father, were did you get that from?

- Are you ever going to learn to read the right newspapers? You only read those papers without any humans in! Carl threw an obviously small and local paper from Seattle down on his desk. - Turn over to page 46, you’ll see very clearly what I mean about my grandkids, they can’t be anyone else’s.

That caught Tobias’ attention, so he picked up the paper, turned to page 46 and went dead quite. His eyes, and not only one pair, but two pair of them were staring into the camera with bright smiles. He was dazzled by how clearly they resembled him, it was like watching to very alike baby pictures of him. They would glide right into the assembly of pictures in his parents’ living room.

If it weren’t for one very clear detail that would probably would have been a fact. The women holding the children had never stepped a foot in his parents’ house, and she probably never would either. She was the only woman that could ever make him feel something else than attraction, she was the only one that had ever made him want more than sex and she would always be the only one.

- By the way, I thought you always hated your middle name. Did you tell one of your lovers so that she could name your child after you? Tobias looked up at his father with so much surprise Carl almost started to laugh, but he kept himself quite. Tobias’ eyes went quickly down to the paper to read the text underneath the picture.

‘’Lucy Spartas gave birth to two beautiful babies 31st of July. They are to be named Amadeus and Michael Spartas Ketner.’’ What the hell! How did she know about his middle name? He suddenly understood that maybe he wasn’t the only one with feelings when it came to their old relationship.

He had to set this right, but the future of that thought didn’t look very bright. He had thrown her out of his office with accusations of her cheating on him to get to his money. He had told her that the child wasn’t his so she could just leave and never come back. He even sent her enough money to pay for an abortion and for a good life in almost a year.

Carl almost got a little worried before Tobias finally started moving. He pushed the button leading to his secretary on the intercom and started talking: - Dolores, will you please cancel all my meetings for the following week? Let those who can’t be canceled go to Jenkins, he can handle the pressure. And will you please call Annakova and tell her dinner on Saturday can’t happen. And Dolores, I love you!

Tobias got up and went to the door without even glancing back at his father. Mission completed was Carl’s first thought. Now he could come home to his wife and tell her that their son was a proud man and that he would never leave his kids to someone else.
Carl slowly got up and started to the door. Out in the front office, he sat down on Dolores’ desk and gave her some reassuring words. - I have two things to tell you Dolores; I would probably prepare Jenkins for more than one week in charge and make sure that the skinny bitch Annakova Bjitsjo never wants to call my son or marry him ever again!

Carl kissed her cheek and told her that he was now going to be a grandfather. Finally!