Don't you tell me if I can be happy

Don't you tell med if I can be happy - Chapter 3

‘’So you’re the guy who put two babies in Lucys stomach and then refused to have anything to do with it?’’ The man who was talking was enormous, blonde and looked somewhat like Dolph Lundgren. He also spoke in a strange accent, it could be a very strong Scandinavian type.

Tobias wasn’t sure if he dared to answer so he only nodded and turned away. There were coming no sounds from Lucys office so he started pacing around the shelves to have something to do. His mind wandered off in thoughts about his children, or were they her children? How could he have left her and believed she was able to lie to him about something so important. He was so lost in thought that he almost didn’t hear the sharp and almost evil voice tearing through the silence.

‘’So daddy, did you say I didn’t have to worry about the cost of the dress at all?’’ There were something familiar about that voice, but Tobias had to think more than twice to figure out who it was. Annakova Bjitsjo was in this store and the only thing they sold here were wedding dresses. ‘’Off course my dear, I have an appointment with the owner and designer so that we can find the perfect dress for your wedding!’’

Tobias suddenly understood some of the hate in Lucy’s eyes. He had shown up here the exact the same day that Annakova, who tabloids all over the world had called his girlfriend for weeks, had an appointment to get her wedding dress. He slid fast to the floor and rolled up under a row of dresses when Annakova came to near him.

What the hell where he to do now? He couldn’t lie on the floor the next hours. He couldn’t risk standing up and letting Annakova see him either. - What can I help you with? It was that blonde giant who was speaking again. - Cornelius, they have an appointment. Would you please take care of the kids out here, while we speak in my office?

Tobias didn’t hear anyone answer the last question, but he really hoped Annakovas fear of babies would keep her from staring into the babies’ eyes. He heard people walking around and a door close. He lied under the dresses for another five minutes before he dared to have a lock to see where people were. All he could see was that tall man, was it Cornelius, standing by the counter playing with the two boys. He walked up to them, put one hand on the cheek of one boy and kissed the other ones forehead before he started walking to the exit.

He only just remembered to ask Cornelius to tell Lucy that he was coming back tomorrow, whether she liked it or not.