Cho Baka

Chapter 1: Isolde Velda Cain

"Aug, this is so unfair!" I pounded my fist on the top of my desk and although I was holding back there was small but visible crack in the middle of the wooden desk. I sighed and placed my hand over the crack, using my reanimation powers to fix it and make the desk look like new.

I took a moment to look around to make sure no one saw nor heard what I done. Of course no one was. I wouldn't have used my powers if someone was.

Sitting behind my desk, I've been given the wonderful job of typing up Bruce Wayne's schedule, of Wayne Corp. Industry, while Mr Wayne's secretary, Katherine, is out on an over-extended lunch break, again. I'm so board that I would much rather be outside watching grass grow.

This whole thing of working at the Wayne Corp. was not my idea. In fact on level 42, the video game design floor, works the reason I'm here at all. My best friend, soul-mate in all most every way (no we are soul-mates in THAT way) and adoptive sister, Evelina Cain.

Evelina and I have literally, always been together. We've grown up together, we live together, do everything together, we even excel together. When we were 12 we graduated high school, entered the prestigious Rockefeller University on a full-tuition scholarship from the company we are currently working at; graduated from that university at 15 and after a lot of begging from Eve, we accepted a job at the company as a paid intern.

Well, I did. Apparently, my skills are better used as a secretary's trainee. Even though, honestly, I think I am training Katherine more than she is training me.

Eve on the other hand has always been a whiz with her hands and loves making things (that's my code for " SHE'S A VIDEO GAME FREAK"), so when she was given the chance to work on level 42 she took it.

I really wanted to be put in the same place as she was but the company policy says that an intern can't chose where to work until a month after their initial placement, then and only then, can an intern request to be placed elsewhere, which rarely happens.

"Isolde, dear, I'm back from my lunch break now, if your done with Mr. Wayne's schedule you could go on ahead to your lunch break." Katherine's annoyingly cheery voice pipped from the mini P.A. that's installed into the phone on my desk.

I clicked on the red button that connects me to her and replied back " Thank you Lady Katherine and yes I am done, I'm sending you the schedule now."

I printed the schedule and headed for Katherine's office which was across my own. I knocked twice and a "Come in" came right after.

A fun fact you should know about Katherine, she has a huge obsession with cats, loves the color white, can't stand anyone younger than her or under her rank to call her 'Ms.', 'Ma'am', or just Katherine, it has to be Lady Katherine; always smells like cigarette smoke but covers it up with vanilla and Cinnamon, not a good combination, and thinks that any person without manners, proper etiquette, and common courtesy has no right to live. So to sum it up into two words, she is a 'Major Perfectionist'.

Although I have been in her office may times, it still freaks me out. She has all kinds of little kitty figurines: on her desk, placed around the room, on the walls, and to top it all off, placed on the two love seats in her office are a pair of kitty fur pillows that she made herself, from what I believe to be real kitty fur! And that's not even the bad part.

When you open the door, it's like being slapped in the face with the smell of smoke followed with an overly used sent of vanilla and cinnamon air- freshener. One thing's for sure, whenever I go in there my gag-reflex gets a major work-out.

Sitting right behind her desk wearing her favorite white executive suite, putting every little pen, pencil, paper and ruler perfectly parallel to the desk, is Katherine.

"Hello dear! I didn't see you this morning, running a bit late again I see, but no matter, how are you?" She flashed me a warm enough smile but I could tell she didn't like the fact that I was 'late' even though I never am. She just thinks that a person should get to work an hour earlier than there scheduled work time.

"I'm doing fine, thank you for asking Lady Katherine." I pipped up my voice to match her own, clearly mocking her, but she believes that's the way everyone should speak to one another.

I couldn't stand being in her office for a second more, so I handed her the schedule and started backing up to the door. " Well, I'll be taking my leave, see you soon Lady Katherine."

She was proof reading my work and didn't look up when she pipped back. "Alright dear,have a good time."

I walked out of her office taking a breath of fresh air and closed the door behind me. She swears that she doesn't smoke in her office but really... the signs are there!

I headed toward the elevator and punched in my employee number on the small panel where the button on a normal elevator would be. Then the electronic voice chimed in, recognizing my number but needing more proof that it's me.

"Number 6714843 recognized, voice recognition please."

"Isolde Velda Cain" I said as clearly as possible while sending a quick text to Eve. My voice chimed right back at me.

" 'Isolde Velda Cain' recognized. Please place your hand on the panel and wait for the doors to open."

I did as I was told. The green light flashed across my hand, taking in my fingerprints. Then, just as quickly, the doors to the elevator opened. I stepped into it, ignoring the stupid little jingle that plays in all elevators.

By the time the doors opened again on the 100th floor, I got my reply text from Eve. She said that she would be waiting for me in the library on the 5th floor. I walked down the hall and stopped right before hitting the wall. To the naked eye, it is just a wall, but when you make a habit of hacking into Mr. Wayne's computer and check out the buildings blueprint's in order to find a quicker way to get to the ground floor, you tend to find a few things. Using my amazing business attitude I was able to 'convince' Mr. Wayne to have the elevator recognize me so I could go straight down too.

After standing there for like a minute, a small camera popped out of the wall and a thin red light scanned my body. When the light flashed green the doors to the hidden elevator opened. I stepped into the elevator and let it plummet down to the 5th floor. On my way down, I texted Eve and told her I was almost there. Half a second later she texted me back saying she'd wait for me right by the elevator.

It's funny really, everyone in the company, except for Katherine and I, know about the elevator. I had to find out though hacking. I mean, I can understand why people wouldn't tell Katherine, but me, Come On! I'm nice, most of the time!

A little ding sound came on when the elevator stopped and opened it's doors to let me out. Standing right where she said she'd be, was Evelina.

You'd think that working at such a high tech company, you'd have to wear business clothes; No, Eve Doesn't. In fact, most of the 42nd floor and the rest of the company don't. Some people, like me, wear suits and what not, some wear a nice shirt and a pair of jeans, most come in their not-so-obvious-but-you-are-so-wearing-p.j.s P.J.s. and then people like Eve come to work so plain. I mean, come on, this is not high school people, we need to come to work to over-whelm or under-whelm people o-or...why aren't people ever just whelmed!?

Eve is a major mother figure and she loves the color red. Now red is a fine color, beautiful even, but there is such a thing as too much red. I'm pointing this out because, well, she has new red streaks in her jet black hair, long and straight and usually tucked behind her ear. Her eyes are red, which means she's irritated (my eyes go completely black when I'm mad) and either I'm going color blind or her once blue v-neck shirt and white Dickie's are literally covered in red paint!
♠ ♠ ♠
In case there is any confusion about the story and where I'm going with it, I placed myself, mabel2_sin, into the story as a new kind of superhero. You can assume by the title that this is a Young Justice Story fan fiction story. I am writing this with two other friends and we put our characters name in the chapter title so you can know who's point of view it is.

Other than that, i hope you like our story.