Cho Baka

Chapter 2: Evelina Cain

I hate my life.

Not that I don't love my job and everything, but I HATE my life. One of the reasons is standing right in front of me, mimicking a fish.

Solde, wearing her crisply clean suit (which I ironed the night before), with polished shoes and clean brown hair... While I am covered in PAINT.

You see, there's a long- standing tradition in the video game design department to dump paint on the first person to best the high score on a colleague’s new game.

Today was just my lucky day...and yes, I'm being sarcastic.

But I have more important things to do right now than to explain the nuisances of sarcasm to you... Like hugging Solde.

The realization dawned on her a moment before she let out a glass- shattering shriek and bolted, flailing her arms like loon. I cannot be blamed for my impulse to chase her.

Luckily, the hallways were mostly empty in our mad dash for revenge and cleanliness. Though this didn't stop Solde from running into walls every now and then.

Just as I was about to pounce, her salvation arrived at the last moment: Bruce Wayne, probably just coming out of a meeting. Solde didn't hesitate to use the billionaire as a human shield, forcing me to skid to a halt.

"Do what you're good at and PROTECT ME!!" Yelled Solde, pointing her finger at me with one hand and pulling on Bruce's sleeve with the other.

Oh dear. Bruce's eyes widened in realization to what Solde just said “What?"

"...well you're not this tall and buff for nothing, are you?" Solde's quick craziness saves the day.

Before Bruce could question her logic I lunged, startling Solde into bolting like a rabbit on crack. "EDEN-EDEN-EDEN-!!!"

"Sorry for the inconvenience. “I apologized before running after her.

I bet he's starting to reevaluate hiring us right about now..."EDEN-EDEN-EDEN, HELP!!" Especially the crazy secretary flailing down the hall that does his schedule.

I finally caught to her and tackled her before she could open the doors to the library but causing both of us to tumble head over heels through the swinging door of the woman's bathroom (talk about having great timing). Good thing no one was there, or this might have been awkward.

After some struggling, which only smeared the paint more; Solde finally went limp and gave me her version of the 'innocent' face. My task completed, I got up and yanked Solde to her feet. "Ready to clean up the paint now?"

Pouting like a child told to eat her vegetables or pick up her room, Solde reanimated the paint from our clothes and hair, throwing it down the nearest drain...if only she would do the laundry.

"Let's get lunch before Eden calls The National Guard in to look for us." I'm not kidding she's done it before.

To avoid having to explain why The National Guard had been called in while we were getting ice-cream down the block, I dragged Solde down the hall to the cafeteria we had passed only moments ago, when we were airborne. Eden is a very pretty Tamaranian; she has short black hair that flows perfectly with her brown sugar skin. She's about as tall as Solde and just as silly. She immediately spotted us, and we were both crushed in a hug only a second after walking in.

She has a tendency to forget her own strength.

Once I wasn't being suffocated by her left breast, I gasped for air as Solde continued to flail and gave muffled shouts from the right. It took a combined effort to get free, and that was only because Eden had spotted chocolate pudding in the cafeteria line. Why am I friends with these people again?

As I pondered this mystery, Eden returned with six cups of pudding, looking every bit like the cat that ate the canary from an exasperated owner. The cafeteria workers never learn.

I had brought my own lunch, and made Solde’s, so there was no need to wait before eating. Finding a place where our conversation wouldn't be over heard (and brains explode consequently), I pulled out my Batman lunchbox.

"You are such a NERD!" Solde informed me.

"I am not!" I defended, most likely glaring as I curled protectively over my lunch box.

"Why else would you have a Batman lunch box?" Retorted Eden.

"Mature adults can have a--"

The moment I opened said lunch box, the old Batman theme song played from underneath my ham sandwich.

"NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-BATMAAAAAAAN!!!!"

......NO COMMENT.

"...Eve...it plays the Batman theme song." Eden stated slowly, as if to a small child.

"So?!"

...Okay, not the most MATURE thing to say.

Both of them rolled their eyes at me, Solde sipping loudly from her juice box, and I huffed. I need new friends.

Biting angrily into my sandwich, I slouched and glared as the giggled at me. Running a hand through her short hair, Eden muffled a snort with her hand at my grumpy expression, dark purple eyes laughing outright.

Stupid Tamaranian!

"Hey that's not nice!" Solde voiced childishly.

"What have I told you about reading my mind?!"

"...uhhhhmmmmmm..."

“I told you to STOP READING MY MIND!!!" I snarled lowly, careful to keep my voice from carrying. Also sending Solde a kind of mental shove.

"...Oh, RIGHT!!" I proceeded to smack Solde upside the head.

" Owwwwwww...!" She whined, pouting and holding the back of her head as Eden collapsed on the table laughing. I am surrounded by CHILDREN!

“I am not a child." Stated Solde.

* SMACK *

"Owwwwwwww!"

"STOP DOING THAT!!" I yelled at her.

Eden couldn't breathe, she was laughing so hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
________________________________________
...Yes, I DO love Batman that much in real life.

I just don't have the lunchbox...'stares at store window longingly'

As the chapter suggests, Evelina Cain is the character I'm based off of, and who I will be writing as.

And YES, mabel2_sin and oreomylove REALLY act like this in real life...

^^Hopefully, you're still sane enough to go about your daily life and continue to enjoy our story.^^