Cho Baka

Chapter 3: Eden Vrućina

I sat on the table holding my stomach and wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard at Eve and Solde’s argument. When I finally gained control of my breathing and they stopped their argument, I opened one of my pudding cups. I looked around to see that no one was looking and sprinkled some Glofgnar berries into the cup before taking out my very special nerdy spoon; it was decorated with a picture of Soubi and Ritsuka’s first kiss on the handle; and began to eat my pudding.

Both Eve and Solde started to eat their lunch, eve still a little peeved, handed Solde her sandwich and tore another violent bite from her own. Eve paused in her aggressive eating and looked at my spoon. I finished my first cup, grabbed another, and ripped the top off only pausing to lick the yummy chocolate pudding off the top.

“How are you gonna call me a nerd when you’re eating with the ultimate fan girl spoon?” She half glared at me and took a bite of her rice krispies treat. Solde struggled to contain the laugh that threatened to burst out… she probably reading what I was going to say.

I licked my spoon clean and liked at eve with a serious face. “Well mother, it’s because all the women on earth, and planet Tamaran, know that are amazingly hot and thus any essence of neediness is canceled of by the sheer hotness.” I said this in a matter of fact tone that had Solde laughing. I took the top off another cup of pudding and added a spoonful of glofgnar berries mixing it up. I licked my spoon and pointed it at Solde, “Plus, if you’re going to pick at my spoon you might as well include Solde’s own too.”

Solde stopped laughing and looked at me with her own glare. Oh, if looks could kill I probably would have been to earth haven. Her voice was normal but it had a chill that made me shiver. “What’s wrong with my favorite spoon?” Solde looked at me with a challenge in her eyes. I could hear her voice in my mind warning me not to go there.

Therefore, it was only natural that I had to go there.

“It’s ‘Vampire Knight’.” I stated

“So? Its Kaname and Zero lookin' sexy.” Solde’s eyes narrowed a bit as she said this.

“Well it also says ‘Bite Me!’ Solde.” I retorted.

“And?”

“Do you remember that day I went over to you guys house early as a surprise,” Eve perked but looked away, curious but not wanting us to think we had her approval. “And went to say hello to you, and I just happened to see you-.” That was as far as I got before Solde jumped over the table and tackled me over the table covering my mouth with her hands before I could finish explaining the details of my story.

Solde glared at me and I heard her voice in my head. “No, no, no, you promised.” She yelled at me in my head. She still had me pinned to the floor and her hands were still covering my mouth.

“Sorry Solde, I was just joking you know. I would never break a promise; I was just teasing you a bit I swear.”

Solde nodded and let me up. We smiled at each other and hugged. Solde pretended to sniffle and turned on her funny side again. “You don’t love me Eden.” She pretended to cry some more.

I came up with an idea, “Ok Solde let me show you just how much I love you…” Solde’s eyes widened as she saw what I was thinking of and what I was going to do. As soon as I took my footing to spring and tackle Solde, Eve grabbed both of our ears and tugged us back to the table depositing us back in our seats.

“You guys need to stop acting like children and eat your lunch, and stop having mental conversations. People are starting to stare at us, and you know how I don’t like to be stared at!” Eve’s voice was a harsh whisper, but even without the loud volume, Solde and I caught her drift and sat down.

I began to remember the time that she did find someone staring at her.

That poor boy, he was just checking her out. I mean she got a nice slender body that was accentuated with blossoming hips that led to, what some earthlings would call ‘junk in the trunk’, I found it very lovely and envied her for it. She doesn’t like it and she gets self conscious all the time. That poor child will probably never walk the same again…

“Hey, Eden, let’s go to the park for some ice cream!” I could hear Solde’s voice within my ears.

“Sure but, how are we going to get ‘mommy dearest’ to come along? She’s still kind of mad at me for calling the National Guard that time…”

I remembered that day I thought they had been kidnapped. I couldn’t find them anywhere. I mean two very beautiful girls walking by and then some random person could’ve stolen them, by luring them in with some candy and toy’s. Moreover, they were strong so if someone had kidnapped them who knows what that person could’ve done to the rest of the world. Therefore, I did what I saw in a movie, and called the white house reporting a bomb and they came right away. Well, it got worse. As soon as they arrived, I found Solde and Eve and couldn’t help but shout the earth’s stupidest saying. ‘You guys are the bomb.’ I shouted only to be taken down by a man in camouflage outfit. Sadly, they were arrested but were later set free, but Eve is still a bit upset when I talk about it sometimes.

I heard Solde’s giggle in my ear “I remember that. It was kinda funny, now that I think about it. Look here’s our plan to bust out of here.”

We nodded in understanding as we began to execute our plan.

Both Solde and I looked toward the big window that showed the city of Gotham with our mouths agape. Eve looked at us wondering what the hell was wrong with us.

"Oh my god, Solde is that...?"

"I, I th-think it is...?" We looked at each other, swallowed, and gaped at the window while we said the next sentence in unison.

"Batman is scaling down Wayne tower!"

Eve dropped her sandwich and froze for a moment then bolted for the window. As soon as she got up Solde and I ran from the cafeteria, laughing and praying Eve couldn't catch us. We made a dash for the stairs since no one ever took them and once inside we started to fly out. We heard eve's enraged scream from the first floor. We slowed our pace as we exited the building and ran straight for the park.

We ran fast enough for Eve to have a hard time trying to track us, but not fast enough for us to be noticed. Spotting and ice cream truck we made a beeline for it. We heard the sound of Eve exiting Wayne tower, even from the distance we had gained.

Solde waved down the ice cream guy and it looked like he had to debate with himself on whether he was going to stay or run for his life. We skidded to a halt and yelled him our order.

“We want three double scoops; one vanilla, one cookie-and-cream, and one pasticcio-and-pomegranate swirl.” Solde jumped from foot-to-foot. After giving us our stuff, he drove his truck fast away from the area. Smart guy.

I looked towards the tower and spotted a cloud of darkness surrounding a bright light heading straight for us.

I grabbed the cone of cookies and cream from the very flustered vendor and felt the familiar tingle of my senses coming alive, just as the image of Eve wielding a giant mallet made of light flooded my vision.

In time of intense danger I receive glimpses of the approaching danger, and right now both Solde’s and my, lives are in danger.

“She’s he-re.” Solde sang as she extended the vowels in the word.

As my vision cleared and that terrifying image left me, the real thing appeared. Eve’s eyes were black as night. With her hands raised in the air, she began to form the mallet. Solde ran to me, who had frozen with fear, and held out the ice-cream.

Eve stopped staring at the ice cream. She looked between the ice cream and us.

“Later, I’ll deal with you guys,” she looked at us and dropped her hands the mallet and the cloud of light and darkness faded into the sky, the mallet disappearing into thin air. “But, for now just give me my ice cream.” Her voice was far more pleasant and once her ice cream was in hand we walked to our favorite part of the park.

It was fenced off with barbed wire and was said to be where all the Arkem patents go to play with the dead remains of creatures, and where the Joker himself did his plan making.

That was all crap.

Solde spread that rumor for some piece and quite. However, we all know the Joker doesn’t make any plans… he just does.

Sitting in our chair, we sat silent licking out cones. I, of course, dipped mine in glofgnar barriers for taste.

“So, Solde, did you manage to tell ‘Bruce’ about our… owers-pay?” I asked. She looked at me with a confused face.

“Eden, you know I don’t speak Pig Latin.” She retorted.

Eve held her face in her hands and heaved out a sigh. How can a woman who knows over 10 languages not know Pig Latin? I mean really.

Solde slapped me over the head and I stopped my train of thought and raised my hand to cover the spot.

“Have you told him about our powers?” Eve said in an exhausted voice.

Solde looked down and made circles with her foot. “Well, you see, what had happened was…” Eve was about to respond when Solde put her hands up. “Wait I got something better, you see ‘bats’ has been looking into this thing called ‘Cadmus’. They seem to be playing with the human gene make-up system. He wrote in a note that he sees something fishy about that place, but no specifics.”

“And?” I prodded, looking at Solde wondering what her point is.

“And, that means were gonna go find out what it is. We find out what it is, bring down the bad guys and, tada, he knows and we become his awesome sidekicks.” She smiled at the brilliance of her own plan.

I looked at Eve only to see her smile, Solde’s smile widened. “So we’re all in?” Solde knew the answer as we all nodded.

I guess today was the day.

Off to Cadmus we go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, and howdy... sorry that was bad.

well, I'm author number 3 hope you guys like it please comment, subscribe, and criticize. we all hope you enjoy the hell out of it. and yes as mama said that basic like me tackling and suffocating them with boob-age and other things.

um... i don't know what else to put except i hope you enyoy!