Status: In progress - COMMENTS = CHAPTERS

Double Dare

Chapter 7

After weeks of extreme flirting and teasing Draco, it was the Halloween dance in less than four days. Dumbledore hadn't allowed anyone to go to Hogsmeade to get their outfits until today. I made sure that me, Celeste and the twins were up super early. No one else in the castle seemed to be moving at all. We ran most of the way to Hogsmeade.

"What are you going as?" Celeste asked.

"Saucy pirate wench" I said striking a pose. She grinned. "What about you?"

She shrugged; "I dunno...I'll see when I get there"

"Come as a pirate wench like me...I don't wanna be dressd as a slag on my own"

She laughed; "half the school will look whorish!"

"So one more won't hurt!"

She shrugged; "fine!"

"Great! What about you two?"

The twins grinned; "I'm going a police officer-" Jade said.

"-And I'm a nurse"

Celeste and I laughed.

"Cool!"

We finally got to Hogsmeade. Jade and Ruby went to the costume shop, whereas Celeste and I went to normal shops to get things to make us more piratey; only going to the costume shop for hats and swords. We all met up at the Three Broomsticks.

"We're going to look cool!" Celeste said looking in one of her bags. I nodded.

"Totally! And if failing that, we will look like prostitutes! ...What will Neville think?"

Her face dropped; "shit, I forgot about him! He'll be bright pink all night!"

I laughed; "poor Neville, he's going to get more than he bargained for!"

"...Oh well, I'll look hot!"

"Damn sexy!"

She smirked; "what will Severus think of your outfit?"

I shrugged and smirked; "I have no idea...He'd better like it! I think he has a secret love for pirate girls"

She burst out laughing; "I'm sure he does"

We started making our way back to Hogwarts as most students began arriving. On the way we bumped into Draco, Crabbe and Goyle, and Tempest.

"Hey guys, off to get your outfits?"

"Yeah...What time did you get here?"

"Ages ago! We set off super super early!"

"Obviously! Get anything good?"

"You'll see at the dance"

"Tease, anyway, see you guys later"

We parted and carried on to the castle. When we got up to our room we instantly tried on our outfits.

"Wow we look slaggier than I first imagined"

I laughed; "yeah but we look damn hot"

I checked the back view in the mirror.

"Thank God my ass isn't as big as Draco jokes"

Celeste laughed; "he's just jealous it's out of bounds"

"Eww Celeste! Don't be gross! He's like my brother!"

"Whatever"

I rolled my eyes and made sure my outfit was complete. I pulled my sword out from its sheath and struck a piratey pose.

"Yargh!"

Celeste laughed; "nice!"

She did the same.

"Move over Blackbeard! Celeste and Lenore are gonna rock the seven seas!"

"Damn right!"

We high fived and looked over in time to see Jade and Ruby burst out of the bathroom, both striking pin-up-girl poses.

"Oh wow. If Fred and George don't like they're gay!"

They began giggling and ran to the mirror we were previously occupying. I began getting changed back into my normal clothes.

"Anyway, you girls giggle about those sexy Gryffindor boys, I'm off to go wander in the real world!" I said going to the door. They laughed.

"You keep telling yourself that Lenore, anyone who fancies Severus Snape claim she's sane! There's got to be something squiffy in that mind"

"Whatever Celeste! Older Potions master is better than Plant Boy"

"Older? You mean OLD!"

"No, I mean...Mature...Experienced-"

"-Experienced? Please don't tell me you mean like-"

"-Oh God no! I mean...Hes more experienced at LIFE...Don't be gross!"

"If you date him, you know that's gonna come up"

"Yeah...IF"

She laughed; "you will, that pirate wench outfit will guarentee it!"

I winked and dived out of the room. The castle was eerily empty, I could hear my footsteps echoing five corridors down. I went outside and sat by the fountain. It was nice being in a quiet empty castle, not having stupid first years run into you every five minutes, having people standing on your feet. I got a while to myself until I heard footsteps echoing. I looked up, hoping it was Snape, it always was. McGonagall strolled by. I sighed and looked down on the floor.

"Well well, we looked hopefull didn't we, expecting someone?"

I spun round, Snape was stood a few meters behind me, smirking. I smirked too.

"No, and I didn't look hopeful"

"Don't lie to me, I know you well enough..." he sat down on the fountain close to me; "...Not in Hogsmeade with your peers?"

"Already been, set up super early this morning to avoid the rush"

"Nice choice, got your outfit then?"

I grinned; "I have"

"What is it?"

"I'm not telling"

"Oh you tease"

I smirked; our flirting had moved up a notch over the weeks.

"So, will you be dressing up?"

He shook his head; "certainly not"

"Aww, why not?"

"I don't partake in the childishness"

"What? Halloween isn't childish!"

"Oh really?"

"...Well, it is kinda, but still, if you saw my outfit then, yeah...Children don't dress like that"

"...Oh dear, how inappropriate is it?"

"Uhm...Very"

He shook his head; "I thought you knew better than that"

"I do! It's just...One night out of the year where I can dress up like a harlot and not be the only one...and I look damn good"

He smirked; "I'm sure you will"

"Anyway...Are you not busy?"

"Trying to get rid of me?"

"Of course not! I'm just curious, I thought you knew that"

He smirked; "no I'm not busy, just taking a strooll thorough the empty castle, making the most of it until the idiots return"

I nodded; "it's nicer when it's empty...I wish I could stay for Christmas"

"Aren't you?"

"No...We're spending it at the Malfoys...Some, big party or something"

He nodded; "you'll have fun nonetheless"

"Yeah, I always do...What are you doing for Christmas?"

He shrugged; "same as I usually do. Sit in my ofice, listing reasons why the world hates me"

I laughed; "you moody git!"

I was also the only one here who could insult Snape and get away with it. He smirked.

"Well, what better way to rebel against society than be miserable on the most joyous holiday?"

"Severus Snape rebelling? Wow! Bad ass!"

He chuckled; "you think you know somone..."

I nodded; "yeah, I'm starting to look at you in a different light..."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, dressed all in leather, motorbike...you're covered in tattoos, that's why you never show your skin"

He smirked; "and here was I thinking my secret would never be found out"

"I knew it!"

He shook his head; "you children and your imaginations"

"Hey! I'm no child! I'm a young woman I think you'll find!"

"Okay then, you young women!"

"That's better! ...So, will you PLEASE dress up?"

"Uh...No"

"Spoil sport...C'mon! Surely there's a happy little kid inside of you just wanting to burst out!"

"If there was I'm sure he's dead by now"

"Wow, you have some deep, psychological issues you need to work on"

He smirked; "do I now? Such as?"

"...Sadistic, evil...uhm...silly haircut"

"What's my hair got to do with it?"

I grinned; "because...your hair folacles are slowly growing inwards and suffocating your brain!"

"And you're saying I have the psychological issues?"

I shrugged; "I never said I didn't"

"Touche"

I went silent. I sighed happily and looked around.

"Is it just me or do we tend to have fun around each other?"

I looked up ahim; he nodded admittedly.

"Yeah, I guess we do...You make for excellent company"

"Why thank you, so do you"

He suddenly stood up.

"It's nearly lunch time...Would you like to get some food with me?"

"...Great Hall or kitchens?"

"...Kitchens, it's more private"

I smirked to myself and got up. We strolled to the kitchens. We sat by the fireplace whilst the House Elves prepared our food.

"Y'know I've always wondered...Why do they call you master? And apologise if you have to wait for your food to be prepared?"

He smirked; "they're extremely afraid of me"

"And you never tell them it's okay if you have to wait for your drink to be made?"

"...No"

"Oh I get it! You just like the power, and the fact you can strike fear into everyones hearts the moment you walk into the room!"

He smirked; "somehow that didn't seem to work with you"

I grinned; "sorry, did I ruin your plan?"

"yes"

"Aww I'm sorry"

Just then Hoppy came over with our food.

"Sorry for the wait Professor Snape"

I looked at Snape, trying to coax him to be nice. He sighed.

"It's okay Hoppy"

Hopy grinned and skipped off. I smiled at Snape.

"See, it's good to be nice"

He rolled his eyes and began eating. I smirked to myself and began eating too.