Status: In progress - COMMENTS = CHAPTERS

Double Dare

Chapter 9

Celeste and I ran down to the Great Hall with the twins not far behind us. Neville, Seamus and Dean were waiting by the stairs. Their jaws dropped when they saw us; Neville turned a dark shade of pink. Celeste laughed and hugged him.

"Get in there Neville! You've got one hot date!" Seamus said laughing. I looked round for Draco. He was stood looking moody by a pillar. He was dressed as a vampire. I smirked and ran over to him.

"Honestly Draco, you didn't try very hard for your outfit"

He spun round and grinned at me; "wow, you look awesome!"

I smirked; "thank you"

"I so wanna see what Snape thinks of your outfit! Or lack of one!"

I laughed and hit him playfully.

"No sign of Tempest?"

He shook his head; "not yet...I'm so dreading this"

I laughed; "it'll be fine! No worries!"

He sighed and looked around. I looked round. The twins were chatting up Fred and George; Neville was still bright pink. Eventually Tempest arrived. She looked amazing as a mermaid; Draco actually smiled genuinely when she came over.

"You look nice"

She smiled; "thank you, so do you"

She looked at me and smiled.

"Pirate huh?"

"The correct term is, saucy pirate wench"

"I'd say! You coming in?" Draco said smirking. I nodded and took his free arm. Inside most of the girls in fifth year and above were wearing skimpy outfits; others had gone for traditional scary outfits. The Hall slowly filled; even some of the teachers had dressed up. Dumbledore gave a small speech before the music began. I flicked between dancing with Draco & Tempest and Celeste and the Gryffindor boys. After a while I dragged Celeste away. We went over to get a drink.

"This is amazing!" Celeste said grinning. I laughed and nodded.

"Neville's still pink"

"That's because he's been dancing so much!"

"Oh whatever! You're half naked! He's so embarrassed!"

"I don't get why...I'm not!"

"Looking round, we're more clothed than some of the girls in here"

She laughed and nodded; "it's a terrifying fact!"

"Indeed"

"Anyway, I'm gonna go back before someone muscles in on my man!"

I laughed and watched her run back into the crowd. I sipped at my drink looking round. Draco appeared to be getting on with Tempest; both sets of twins were dancing happily. Unfortunately I couldn't find Snape anywhere. He was probably being a grumpy sod sulking in his office. I went to go back into the crowd when Draco dived on me and dragged me away to the corner of the room. I laughed.

"What's wrong?"

"I need some air!"

"Uh-huh?"

"...And Tempest is annoying me"

"Really? You look like you're having so much fun!"

"Well, I guess we are, but she's all talk talk talk! Her voice gets on my nerves"

"What? C'mon Draco! Stop being petty!"

He shrugged; "if she kept her mouth shut I'd probably like her more"

"...You could shut her up"

"Oh? How?"

I smirked; "well..."

He rolled his eyes; "I am NOT doing that!"

"Ok then, your loss"

He sighed; "I'm not kissing her!"

He went back into the crowd. I smirked as I watched him look uncomfortable as Tempest grabbed him and made him dance instantly. I went to go back in when a hand grabbed me and pulled me into a dark alcove. It was too dark; I couldn't make out who it was. A pair of hands slid around my waist and pulled me closer. The next minute their lips were on mine. I tried to figure out who it was. The height was familiar; I wrapped my arms round his neck. The hair confirmed it. We pulled away. I smirked.

"What are you doing sir?"

"You were quick"

I laughed to myself. I pulled him out of the dark slightly. He had a large smirk on his face.

"I'll ask again, what were you doing?"

"I ask the questions around here...And anyway, I thought it was pretty obvious"

"Don't be pedantic sir"

He chuckled; "why, does it bother you?"

"What? Your attitude or the fact you kissed me?"

"Whichever"

"Yes, your attitude annoys the hell out of me...And the fact you kissed me...? Meh"

He smirked and pulled me back into the alcove.

"By the way...I like your outfit"

I smirked as he pulled me into another kiss. We made-out all evening.

"I'm afraid, I have to go now"

I sighed; "do you have to?"

He nodded. He kissed me softly before rushing out of the Hall. I trudged back out into the crowd. They were all still very much dancing like lunatics. I decided to sneak back into the crowd. Neville and Celeste were slow dancing. I smiled and went over to them.

"Hey you two, having fun?"

Neville went bright pink again. Celeste giggled and rest her head on his shoulder. I nodded and went over to Draco and Tempest, they were slow dancing too.

"Well I can see I'm not wanted by anyone!"

Draco laughed; "aww! Come here!"

He pulled me in to dance with them. Tempest laughed and put her arm over my shoulders. We all slow danced whilst laughing.

"So...Where've you been for the past few hours?" Draco asked. I shrugged.

"Around"

He nodded sceptically; "right?"

"Really!"

His eyes narrowed; "I'll speak to you later!"

I laughed; "whatever"

I pulled out of their grip and decided to go back to the common room. I'd had a good evening and didn't mind getting an early night. I skipped down the corridors to the Ravenclaw common room, hoping to bump into Snape. Unfortunately, I managed to get there with no sign of him. I got changed into some normal clothes and decided to go get some food before going to bed. I went up to the kitchens. I sat by the fireplace as Hoppy got my order.

"Here you go Miss Page" he said, setting my coffee down on the table. I smiled and thanked him. I sat thinking about the evening and what was up with Snape. I decided to jus sleep on it. I quickly drank my coffee and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up to Celeste jumping on my bed. I groaned and rolled over.

"What? Don't you know better than to wake me when I'm sleeping?"

"I just wanted to ask about your night! Mine was fantastic! How was yours? I didn't see you for most of it! Where did you bugger off to?"

I sighed and sat up; she stopped bouncing. I rubbed my head.

"I was just around, dancing with random people...Y'know?"

She shook her head; "I doubt that! I would have seen you!"

"No you wouldn't! You were too engrossed with lover-boy!"

"I was not!"

"Were too!"

"C'mon! Tell me what happened!"

"Nothing happened! I was just, around!"

She sighed; "you're no fun!"

I shrugged and curled back up in bed.

That afternoon I met up with Draco. He looked like he'd risen from the dead.

"Wow, you look rough"

Me mumbled something inaudible and sat down. I laughed and sat next to him.

"So...How was last night?"

He shrugged; "could have been better"

"How so?"

"Tempest could have not been there"

"Aww! I'm sure you two had plenty of fun!"

"I'll admit, we did have a bit of fun...But then I had to walk her back to the common room...And I had to kiss her!"

I laughed; "oh my God no way!"

He sighed and hung his head in shame; "yes...It was awful"

"Why, is she a bad kisser?"

"No...Not that"

"...Then what?"

He shook his head. I looked at him analytically.

"...You liked it?"

He nodded ashamedly.

"Oh wow! See! Told you you'd like her!"

He sighed; "whatever...Anyway, you and Snape! What happened?"

"What makes you think I was with Snape?"

"Uhm...Maybe the fact that, I saw you!"

"When?"

"After I left you to go back to Tempest, I saw where you'd stood and you were gone, then a few minutes later you and Snape appeared, before disappearing back into the dark! Then finally a few hours later, you reappear"

I laughed; "good detective work Malfoy! Sherlock Holmes watch out!"

He smirked; "so, what were you doing?"

"Nothing much if I'm honest"

"Aww, were you kissing your little boyfriend?"

I laughed and shrugged; "well...Yeah...AND...He started it!"

"What?"

"I was gonna go join everyone dancing and he suddenly pulled me into that alcove and kissed me!"

"...I've pretty much lost this haven't I?"

I nodded; "indeed you have"

"...Damn! BUT, that means I can ditch Tempest! Finally!"

"But you were starting to like her!"

"I don't!"

"You keep telling yourself that, I know you better than you know yourself"

He shook his head. We sat chatting for a while until we ran out of conversation.

"So...You going out with Snape now?"

I shrugged; "I don't think so"

"...Why?"

"I don't think that's what he wants...And it's complicated"

"Not what he wants? What? He was trying so hard to just not rape you last night!"

I shrugged; "that was one night, and this is Snape! He may flirt back but I hardly think he's going to try and have a relationship with me!"

Draco sighed; "you're just in denial, you're so close to getting what you want and you're worried is all gonna go down the drain"

"Well yeah! You're dancing with Tempest for a bet! I'm trying to win over Snape because I want to! With an added bonus!"

"Well then go for it! All you've got to lose is-"

"-Is what Malfoy? Everything I want?"

He shrugged; "you're too good for him anyway"

I sighed and looked up at the sky; "I'm not too good for anyone"

"For fucks sake Lenore! You had the best night of your life last night! There's a 99.99% chance the guy you're in love with likes you back; so what if he doesn't want a relationship because it'd be complicated and is totally against the rules! At least we still know he likes you! He probably would ask you out if he wouldn't run the risk of getting fired!"

I sighed; "I hate it when you're right"

He smirked; "go get him!"

"...Later, my legs hurt right now"

He laughed as I flopped down onto the floor.