Dead City Lights

You have to kill them sometimes to get away. They're set on killing you and they won't give up till you're dead. That's what the disease does. It doesn't affect your body in any way. It attacks your mind. You lose your free will. You lose your way of thinking. Basically, you lose everything personal that makes you you and it makes a monster out of you. You have no more memories, nor feelings or emotions. I doubt you even feel hunger, thirst or pain. You just eat or drink because you need to stay alive. And you don't live because you have the will to live. No, you stay alive to kill. That's the dangerous part. All the infected people do is kill. They wander around and if they don't like the way you look, the attack you. They're like zombies. Actually, that's exactly what they are.

What's worse is you can't really tell the difference between a healthy human and a zombie. You can only see the desire to kill in their eyes. The rest is all the same. They have the same hair, skin and clothes like we do. They can do everything like we can. They walk, talk and fight like we do. They even use weapons. Not guns or anything high-tech like that. But they use broken bottles, pipes, branches or wood, sometimes knives, any type of equipment – okay, anything they find lying around. You get surprised when you find out which previously innocent stuff can also be used to kill someone.

Especially when it's being used against you. But seeing how people slowly go mad and then turn against their loved ones is the worst thing you can ever experience. Wait, no. Actually, the worst thing is when one of your loved ones tries to kill you. They don't know you at all anymore. They can't remember your face, your name, all the happy times you had together or even what family is. Love isn't the strongest thing on earth. It can't beat everything.