Status: a work in progress

Under a Paper Moon

My Shirt

“No! Get away from me!” I yell at the tall dark figure. Chills run down my spine from a sudden cold breeze, as I run in no particular direction.

“Aww! No don’t run off too far. I’m not done with you yet!” he chuckles at his own dark humor.

“Dave! Save me! Please!” I beg but remember he’s gone out to buy some food.

“Honey” he murmurs “no ones here to save you now.”

Someone starts shaking me out of my nightmare. “Al… Alie it’s going to be okay.” Dave holds me as I burst into tears, and murmurs to me that it was only a dream, and that it’s over. I finally realize that I had fallen asleep during the movie.

“Hey Seth bring her some water.” What?!?!?! He’s still here? I had forgotten, oh no he’s going to want to know what all of this was about!

“Here drink up.” Seth hands me the glass of water into my shaking hands. I finish drinking it and fall asleep in Dave’s arms feeling safe once again.

Somehow in the morning I end up in my own bed. I hear soft movements downstairs. It sounds like quiet a few people are here. Maybe it’s Stella, Dave’s girlfriend. She won’t mind me heading down stairs. I change out of my clothes from yesterday into some boy shorts I use as pajamas and a loose baby blue v-neck. Huh… I wonder where this came from. I don’t remember ever buying this… oh well! I think to myself as I head downstairs.

“Morning sleepy head! Or should I say afternoon?” Seth just shrugs and grins at me as I blush at what I’m wearing. I start for the stairs but he just pulls me by the hand and makes me sit.

“Have some breakfast/lunch! I made it myself just for you!” he looks at my shirt and I blush a deeper shade of red feeling self conscious.

“What are you staring at?”

“My shirt.” He smirks amused seeing my shocked expression. “I gave it to you the first day we met when I made you drop coke all over your shirt.”

“Yeah and then I made you buy me another.” I had forgotten about that. It’s kind of weird how I can’t remember most things.

He snorts, remembering that…. How long has he been here?

“Where’s David?” I ask confused I could have sworn I heard more than one person here no matter how noisy Seth is.

“Oh right! He spent the night at Stella’s. You probably heard the guys heading out to go but some more eggs and milk.”

“What? What guys?” I ask quizzically.

“You know Robby, Bryson, and Kevin.” He states as a matter of factly. Ohhh… his best friends.

“Oh… ok… and why are you still here and eating my food since yesterday?” I demand, putting my hands on my hips.

“Your bro asked me to take care of you after you fell asleep the second time, because he had a big date with his lady.” He smirked proudly, wagging his eyebrows as he said lady.

He must have been the one to take me to bed. Where did he stay? Did he hear me talk in my sleep? I hope I didn’t say anything.

“Im too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt. Soo sexy it hurts”
Seth’s phone starts ringing. He doesn’t answer, just dances to the music until he realizes someone’s calling him. I laugh and cock an eyebrow, as he quickly picks up slightly embarrassed and confused.

“Seth Aaron Bay! Why haven’t you been answering your phone?” a woman’s voice demands.

“Mommy! I’ve been busy!” he whines. I can’t help but giggle.

“Well, I need you to stop by later today and move some things for me around the house.” She continues.

“Okay! Ill go just stop yelling!” he responds exasperated. “Bye mom. I have mouths to feed now!” and he hangs up, grinning at me.

“Good morning everyone! Isn’t it a beautiful day today? The sun is shinning, the birds are chirping, and I brought ice cream!” Robby comes in with four bags, through the door.

“its noon.” Bryson tells him as he enters the door with four more bags and Kevin walking in with two more.

Why do they have so many bags I wonder to myself…. I gasp. Noon? Already?!? I need to turn in my job application!

“Hey I have to go!” I run upstairs and change into some jeans and red flip flops. Grab my filled out application and phone and run back downstairs nearly falling half way down.

“Wow!!! Where are you going?” Seth cries.

“I need to turn in my job application!”

“Do you have a ride?”

“… No.”

“Ill take you.” I don’t argue because the coffee shop is five maybe seven blocks away and I’m all ready late.

“Get in.” I climb into his car. There are clothes everywhere and old McDonald’s trash and a guitar in the back seat. Lovely. He backs out of the drive way and speeds to the coffee shop, driving like a maniac, with the radio blasting a song from All Time Low.
I took a walk for the very first time….
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!!!! im having doubts i may as well end it here