Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

A New Leaf

Chapter One

Kaity's POV

Memories of the past played like a movie in my head; laughter, explosions, sarcastic remarks, and death were the most common things. I had to shut them out of my thougths, I just had to. It would be better if I could lock them away or--better yet--erase them. However, I have to have them with me at all times. A curse, but also a blessing. The only good thing that came out of my horrifying past was her.

I shuddered, squeezing my eyes shut. The only thing I wanted to look at was the sky, but I was in a windowless vehicle, riding down the road to me demise. Handcuffs were tightened around my wrists, making me cringe as a slight pain shot up my arm. The taste of blood was still on my lips and I gagged--literally--as I licked the dried coppery liquid subconsciously. My hair was horrible;it was knotted and wild, making me look like I was insane. I wasn't, but I knew someone who was...

For some reason, she found a way back into my mind. It was like I was haunted. I shuddered at the thought, and closed my eyes, leaning my head against the cool metal wall. A song popped into my head, and I immediately sang it, letting silent tears race down my cheeks. "Well if you say goodbye today, I'll ask you to be true. 'Cause the hardest part of this is leavin' you. 'Cause the hardest part of this is leavin' you...."

"Oi!" The driver said, looking back to me.

"...Yes?"

"Sing some more, why don't ya? I need some brightening up. Do a happy tune."

My ears perked and I smirked, thinking of the perfect song. "OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM. E-I-E-I-O! AND ON TH--"

"No! Sing something else!"

I grumbled, "Fine...

I won't suffer, be broken, get tired, or wasted
Surrender to nothing, or give up what I
Started and stopped it, from end to beginning
A new day is coming, and I am finally free

Run away, run away, I'll attack
Run away, run away, go chase yourself
Run away, run away, now I'll attack
I'll attack, I'll aa-WHOOOAAAAAAAAA

I would have kept you, forever, but we had to sever
It ended for both of us, faster than a
Kill off this thinking, it's starting to sink in
I'm losing control now, and without you I can finally see

Run away, run away, I'll attack
Run away, run away, go chase yourself
Run away, run away, now I'll attack
I'll attack, I'll aa-WHOOOAAAAAAAAA

Your promises, they look like lies
Your honesty, like a back that hides a knife (knife)
I promise you (promise you)
I promise you (promise you)
And I am finally free

Run away, run away, I'll attack
Run away, run away, go chase yourself
Run away, run away, now I'll attack
I'll attack, I'll attack, I will attack

Run away, I'll attack, I will attack
Run away, I'll attack, I will attack

Run away (Run away), I'll attack (I'll attack)
I'll aa-WHOOOAAAAAAAAA

Your promises
(promises, promises)
I promise you
(promise you)
I promise you
(promise you, promise you).


The last notes of the song died away, and I sat back, exhausted. The rest of the ride was quiet, and for that I was thankful.

We came to a stop, and after a few bangs and shuffling, the door opened. Sunlight blinded my eyes temporarily and I tried to cover my face, but the stupid handcuffs wouldn't let me. It kind of pissed me off, but I kept a smooth composure, sitting up straighter with dignity. When I wasn't dazed by the light anymore, I looked out, seeing the blue sky and completely ignoring the building looming over my head. A small smile played on my lips as I continued looking; the sky was so peaceful.

"Hey. C'mon, you," the cop/driver said, nudging for me to hop out of the van.

I looked straight at his face and instantly got caught up in his eyes. They were a crystal blue, sparkling like sunlight on ocean water. They were so beautiful, in fact, that I just sat there like an idiot, looking at his face.

"Uhm...Come on. I'm not that pretty," he joked, smiling.

Yes you are...

A dry laugh escaped from my lips and I got out, smiling right back at him. "Who said you were pretty?" I countered, looking up--yes, up--at his face. He was a good foot taller than me, which made me be nervous.

He put his hand on his chest, faking offense. "Hey! I'll have you know that I was voted 'Prettiest Boy Alive' when I was little."

I scoffed. "By who? Your mom? I don't think she counts, er...?"

"Hunter. Hunter Napier."

"Like...?"

"Yea, like the Joker from the Batman. Ya know, his real name is Jack Napier. 'Cept I'm a Hunter, not a Jack...ass!" He joked again

I rolled my eyes playfully and chuckled, liking this new-found bond with him. He seemed pretty laid back for a cop. I mean, I was Shrouder City's second-most wanted criminal. "Yea, yea, yea. I'm Kaity McAllen."

"Nice to meet you."

"I would shake your hand, but ya know..." I shook my hands behind my back and grinned sheepishly when I hear the chains rattle.

His mouth was shaped into an "O", realizing what I was saying. "well, I am supposed to take these off of you."

"Unless you wanna keep 'em on," I replied, winking.

He coughed nervously, looking down to the ground. I noticed a slight blush crawling up on his face, and I smirked in victory. "Ahem...uh...well...let's get you in. We're already late as it is and I don't wanna get fired."

Reality came crashing down on me and I nodded, whispering a "Yea." I wouldn't believe I was going to jail. It was expected of me to, after what happened, but I still couldn't get over it. Sure, I create explosion, but I'm an innocent woman at heart. I'm not corrupted like other people; I hate killing people, I really do. It's just that I can't help it. There's a monster inside of me.

A single tear slid down my cheek, leaving a warm trail. Hunter noticed this and brushed the tear away with a sad expression on his face. He stopped, turning me towards him, and looked me in the eyes. "Hey...you're going to be alright."

I shook my head.

"Yea, you are. I've only just met you, and as stupid as this sounds, I feel like I know who you are. You're a strong woman who cares a lot for others. I don't care if you've killed many people. I don't care if you've done something horrible. I can tell who you are, and you're not what they say you are.

I nodded, still crying.

"Now come on. You're going to be alright. Just be strong for me, yeah?"

I nodded again, this time looking up at the sky; I would miss is so much

As I entered through the doors of Hell, I couldn't help but sing under my breath,

"Blue skies
smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies
Do I see...
"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys! Please comment and give me your views. I would love this.

Song credit:

Cancer-My Chemical Romance
Attack-30 Seconds to Mars
Blue Skies-Irving Berlin

Dedicated to my friend Kaity! I love ya, girl!♥