Sequel: Adoring William
Status: Complete.

Loving Henry

I've Shown You Mine...

Friday, 29th of April, 2011
Buckingham Palace
Clarence House

I didn’t get to speak to Henry again until the tea was over and everyone was leaving. He came to get me and we left for Clarence House.

We talked quietly in the car and once we were in the house, Henry dragged me to his room, pulled me inside, shut the door behind me and then shoved me against it.

I gripped my hands in his hair and he wound his arms around me as we kissed passionately.

We stumbled over to the bed and then fell together on it. Henry broke our kiss and pulled back to get out of his uniform jacket, while I kicked off my shoes and looked up at him through my lashes.

He made me feel so incredibly beautiful.

He was wearing a white cotton t-shirt underneath, which fit snugly and really showed off his toned torso.

I sat up to help him out of it and then pulled him on top of me into a searing kiss.

He groaned and when he gripped my thigh, I wanted to moan.

Suddenly the door opened and as we broke away, I saw William standing in the door.

“Dammit, knock first, would you?” Henry asked his brother, while using his body to shield me from William’s view so that I could try to pull down my dress and not flash the future King of England.

A smirk appeared on William’s face, “I did knock.”

I blushed even more than I already was and covered my face with my hands, begging the earth to open up and swallow me right now.

“Was there something you wanted?” Henry asked his brother impatiently.

“I just came to tell you that Kate and I are going to take a nap, in case you were wondering where we were. But, I can see that we were the furthest thing from your mind. It’s nice to know that you have your priorities straight on my wedding day,” William was chuckling as he said this.

“Ha bloody ha. If you don’t mind, I’ll introduce you to my girlfriend later?”

“That’s fine. I hope the two of you have a good rest…”William winked at me, before closing the door.

I fell back on the pillows and wondered if there was any possible way for me to be more mortified.

I guess it would have been worse if his grandmother had walked in on us.

It’s times like these that I was grateful to be an only child with an absentee father.

Henry got up and walked over to the door, locking it, before turning back to me.

“That wasn’t really how I envisioned introducing the girl of my dreams to my brother.”

I gave a small laugh, “I don’t think anyone was expecting that. Come back over here. I wasn’t done with you yet.”

Henry smirked. He toed off his shoes, took off his pants and socks, leaving him only in his boxer briefs – which I loved so much – and then stood in front of me.

“I’m showing you mine, how about you show me what you’ve been hiding underneath that bathrobe of yours,” he suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

I decided that even though we weren’t going to have sex, I was done with being a prude. Besides, I came prepared. So, I gave him what I hoped was my best come-hither look and then got up off the bed.

I pushed Henry down onto the bed and then lowered the zipper on my dress, letting it fall to the floor.

Henry’s eyes widened when he saw the frilly lingerie I was wearing.

I was going to buy Maggie diamond earrings to say thank you for dragging me into that store.

Henry and I had a really good time and later snuggled up under the covers to have a quick nap.

We woke around quarter past seven to insistent knocking on Henry’s bedroom door.

Henry grumbled, pulling his face into a very cute grimace, before getting up to talk to whoever was at the door.

He closed the door and then came back over to me.

“Come on, beautiful, time to get up.”

“Ugh, can’t the day be over already?”

“It’s not that bad. Now we get to have dinner and dance and later watch the fireworks.”

“I would like to dance with you…” I mumbled like a sulky child. Henry was starting to convince me to get out of the incredibly soft and cosy bed I was snuggled in.

“There will be chocolate mousse cake; your favourite…”

“Really?” I asked with excitement.

“Really. And you can have as much as you want.”

He truly sounded like a parent that was trying to blackmail his child into going to school.

I sat up and the covers pooled at my waist.

Henry’s eyes widened and it seemed that he had forgotten about what I was wearing.

He swallowed, “you know, on second thought, let’s lock the door and stay here… I’m certain no one will miss us…” he said as he crawled over me and started nibbling on my neck.

I hated when he did that since I melted into a puddle of useless goo.

“Henry,” I breathed his name, “we really need to get up.”

“…”

“Henry, please-” I broke off on a moan.

He just smirked at me.

Bastard.

“Henry, you promised me dancing and cake.”

He pulled back, “so you’d rather have cake?”

“Uh, well…”

“I’m glad to see how important I am to you…” he said, pretending to be angry.

“You’re very important to me, but I really want cake. I’m a girl; cake matters more to me than really attractive blokes that want to nibble on my collarbone. If the cake was smeared across your abs then it’d be another story entirely…”

He gave me a sultry look, “that can be arranged…”

I laughed. After a few more kisses and convincing, we got up to get ready.

I put on my black ball gown with matching shoes and redid my hair, while Henry put on a beautifully tailored black suit.

We went to wait in the entrance hall for William and Kate, since we were leaving together for Buckingham Palace.

William was wearing a suit as well and Kate had changed into a satin wedding dress.

“Have a good rest, brother?” William asked with a smirk and I blushed.

Henry shot me a knowing wink and then said, “Of course. William, Kate, I’d like for you to meet my girlfriend, Gabrielli Temple. Li, honey, unfortunately this is my brother and of course, his beautiful bride, Kate.”

We exchanged greetings and shook hands. Kate had a pleasant voice and as we started talking, we seemed to hit it off immediately.

By the time the car stopped at the Palace, we were all talking and laughing as though we had been friends for years.

This time around, I was actually allowed to sit at the grown up table… As Henry’s date, I could sit at the table that included the rest of the family. His brother and father and Kate’s parents and siblings.

Her sister was nice enough, but I didn’t think that her brother and I would ever be the best of friends.

William and Henry’s speeches were beautiful, especially the part where they mentioned their mother.

Henry looked at me when he talked of his mother and he knew how much she would have liked to be here.

It made me realise again how much I must mean to him since he gave me his mother’s bracelet.

Later we shared several dances. Dancing with Henry was now one of my most favourite activities to do on earth. Along with him kissing me senseless, cuddling in bed and him nibbling on my neck.

Honestly, the man was brilliant at everything.

I eventually had to take off my shoes before I lost my toes.

The evening turned out to be really great and aside from spending an evening dancing with the man I love, I enjoyed the people and everything that went with it.

Which was surprising, since I hated social events.

I much preferred to be at home, snuggled on the couch with Henry.

When the fireworks finally started at three in the morning, I was exhausted.

Henry on the other hand was wired. I’m not a doctor, but it probably had something to do with all the alcohol that he had consumed.

I’d never seen him drink more than two or three beers or a couple of glasses of wine.

A drunk Henry was very entertaining to watch. He became even more charming than usual, which was a feat in and of itself.

We all stood in the Palace gardens and watched as the fireworks exploded in the sky.

Henry and I had our arms wrapped around each other and were enjoying the show as he whispered sweet drunken nothings in my ear that made me smile.

Kissing a Prince underneath a colourful sky with a Palace as a backdrop was another thing on my favourite things to do list.