Sequel: Adoring William
Status: Complete.

Loving Henry

Nice View

Another two hours passed and I was starting to get irritated. My butt was numb, my clothes were wrinkled and I was so thirsty. I had long since given up on trying to find a comfortable way to sit. Every position I tried, only ended up flashing Henry some thigh. I was also getting really hungry. At least I had a nice view.

Henry was bloody sexy. There was no getting past that simple fact. I wanted so badly to lean over and kiss him, but can you imagine what kind of a spectacle I’d make of myself if I did that…

We were currently in a face-pulling war… There was literally nothing else to do. I’d removed my jacket and shoes hours ago. He’d taken off his jacket as well.

It was already eight in the evening. What on earth could be taking them so long to fix the bloody lift? I’m sure it can’t be that hard… but I’m doing my BA in Economics and Management at Oxford University, so what do I know about elevators?

No sooner had the thought left my mind, when the lights came on. I looked over at Henry and he seemed just as relieved as I felt. I quickly put my shoes back on and stood up, gathering my things. Henry did the same, and I felt the elevator start to move.

I pressed the button for my floor and when it dinged and the doors slid open, I turned to Henry and gave him a smile.

“A pleasure meeting you,” I said, stepping out of the enclosed space into freedom.

“You too. I’ll call you later,” he winked at me and the doors slid closed.

I walked to my suite and threw my stuff on the coffee table. I called room service and when they said that my food would take half and hour, I decided to take a shower. It was the best shower of my life. I caught myself singing softly, while shampooing my hair. I felt giddy and excited.

Apparently Henry did a real number on my mood. I’d been terribly depressed these last few months and the only time I ever felt better about my situation was when I was in sunny-less England. Then my problem was a few thousand kilometres away and I felt like I could breathe again.

But Henry was definitely something else.

I know I’ve only known him for eight hours, but it would be just my dumb luck if I fell in love with this guy. I can’t even explain how he makes me feel.

When I came out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and went rummaging through my handbag for my mobile. I put it on charge and went to get dressed before room service came and found me wet and dressed only in a bath towel.

I’d just finished getting dressed when there was a knock on the door. I tipped the man who brought my dinner and almost moaned when I smelled the delicious Alfredo pasta that I’d ordered. I ate in front of the telly, while watching E! News. They were giving an update of the upcoming Royal wedding, which made me laugh at the irony. I had a real live royal stuck in an elevator with me for eight hours, where I could have asked anything, but I was getting my info off an American entertainment show. My life had a tendency to work out that way.

They also reported that Prince Harry had been spotted leaving for South Africa, yesterday. I personally thought that that news came a bit late. But honestly, nothing could have prepared me for today’s event’s.

I watched television for another hour, but I was starting to see double, so I decided to call it a night. I grabbed my phone to check my messages. My father left me four, very angry, voice messages and said a few nasty things that probably shouldn’t be repeated. I also had a message from Henry.

“Hey, I know I said that I’d leave you a missed call, but then I thought how all you’d see was an unknown number and it could be anybody’s… The point is that I didn’t want you saving some weirdo’s number under my name… uh, I’m rambling, aren’t I?” I laughed at this, “Um, anyway, I just wanted to say goodnight, so… uh, sweet dreams. I’ll talk to you later, bye.”

That was so sweet. I put the light off and got in under the covers. I was exhausted so I fell asleep quickly, but I did so with a huge smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader!!