Status: Editing last chapters...

From a Distance

Five

I felt something warm beside me. As I opened my eyes, I saw Alex... sleeping soundly. I gently caressed her cheeks. She shrugged and began to open her eyes.

Oh, how I missed her. She smiled at me and lessened the gap between hers and my face. Only a few inches away and I felt her warm breath closing in. I looked at her soft lips and leaned to close the gap as well.
A few inches more and then... RIIIIIIIINNNNGGG! RIIIIIINNNNGG!

I jumped up out of my bed and groaned. Darn it! A dream again. To make things much worse is that my mom's pet dog is licking my face to death. I groaned again and went downstairs to find that Chris and Harvey are there discussing about some things.

"Good morning." I greeted them.
"Oh, morning to you." Chris greeted me back.
"Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. What's eating you?" Harvey stated as he gently nudged my shoulder.

I sighed, "Had a dream that Alex was back and when we were about to kiss the alarm clock... rang." I told them with a half-ass smiled on my smile on my face. I raided the fridge for some tuna and eggs. Luckily, they haven't eaten all of the tune.

"I heard that Alex is coming back two weeks from now, is that true?" I heard Harvey say.
I immediately walked towards him, "Who told you? Two weeks from now? That's good."
Without even thinking, I became agitated with the mere fact that it just a rumor and said some pretty weird things.
Harvey stared at in me in confusion and I immediately walked away from him.
"S-Sorry about that." I immediately apologized.

A grin rose on my brother's faces, "You sound like a love-sick teenager!" I heard them both say.
"Shut up!" I scowled at them.

"Mrs. Jenks told our mom that Alex is coming back but they are not sure as to whether it'll be permanent so don't get your hopes up just yet." Chris said. I frowned at his words and just sighed.
"I'm sure you two will have plenty of time to catch up with each other."

I just smiled at the two of them.

(Narrator's P.O.V)
Jake couldn't sleep at all. Night after night, he was flooded by dreams of Alex leaving him for Luke or he sees her walking away from him without even looking back at him.

At last, two weeks have passed and Alex did came. Jake was too busy to even notice that his best friend already came home.

(Alex's P.O.V)
It's good to be finally back after five long years. My brother picked me up at the airport with his girlfriend. What Drew said was true, from what I see they seem to be getting along fine.
When I look at my brother and his future fiancée, I couldn't help but think of Jake and his reaction when I finally tell him how I really feel about him.

Upon getting home, after greeting my mom... I went straight to Jake's house.
I was so shocked when I found out that he wasn't there. I found his brothers, all sitting on the dining table.
"Hey! Welcome back, Alex." Chris was the first one to greet me and hug me. Second was Harvey and then James. I smiled weakly because I didn't feel the arms I was hoping would be the first one to hold me.
"Where's Jake?" I asked them.
They glanced at each other and frowned, "Well, he got called back to UConn. Apparently, they need an assistant coach for their tune-up game next week. He said that if you would come and look for him, we'll tell that he won't be back for another week." Harvey explained.

I felt a big whole was punched right through where my heart used to be.

Why? Why is it always like this?
It seems that every time there's a chance given to us to finally tell someone the truth, it just disappears into thin air. When will be the right time? Today? Tomorrow? When?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think~ :D Thanks a lot.