Status: Active

Wedding Season

I Really Hate Cabbage...

There were many things I didn't like. The first being cabbage, this one is the most important because every-time I visit my Mom she cooks me something that has cabbage in it. She knows I hate cabbage and I have no idea why she always cooks something then acts insulted when I don't have more then one small serving of it. She also gets angry when I arrive at the table and my reaction is 'Okay, where's the real dinner?' and 'Couldn't you have just ordered take out?'.

Though really, does anyone actually like cabbage?
Honestly though there is nothing worse then driving my ass to visit the woman expecting a lovely home-cooked dinner and being given cabbage. She wonders why I don't bring her better presents.

"She made something with cabbage! I can smell it!" I hiss into the phone, I hear his deep chuckle on the other end and pull the phone away from my ear glaring at it. I drove, for a good forty minutes to break this news to my family, alone, and he was going to laugh at me. The balls he had.

"Tell fast then come back, not hard" he reasons in his broken English. I swoon slightly momentarily forgetting how annoyed with him I was. Then I caught another whiff of dinner and the moment was gone. "Not hard? You've met the woman once and we weren't even dating yet! I didn't make you break the news to your mother all by yourself".

"You no understand Russian, make no difference you there. You no talk anyway". he scoffs into the phone, I once again pull it away from my ear and make a few mocking faces at it getting my anger into check. I plop down on my bed in my unchanged room from when I was a teenager staring at the walls. I had posters up from bands I had liked as a teen, pictures of friends I had promised to stay in touch with but never really did. The whole room was a reminder of my teenage years and how much I had changed since then. At twenty-five I wasn't anything like I was when I was eighteen or even twenty-three. He had changed all that when we met three years ago, not that there was much to change. I was more confident now, and I believed that you could love someone with everything you had.

"Well I was there for moral support!"
"You such baby, you could wait but no. So because I have practice you go alone. Your choice".
"I hate you" I grumble, I cross my legs underneath me shifting slightly when I instantly realized how uncomfortable this bed was. No wonder I always spent the night at my friends houses, this bed sucked.

"You say that enough, I believe soon. Hurt me deeply Jen."
"And my stomach is going to hurt after this dinner, and my ears".
He laughs again which made my heart skip a beat as I clutch the phone close to my ear like a lifeline. I hear some shuffling in the background and a few deep voices shouting along with his muffled replies.

"I go on ice now, I call after game? Tell me how dinner go?"
"Alright, good luck. Love you".
"Love you, eat all cabbage, Russians like cabbage. Get recipe," he orders jokingly, well I think anyways. He did like cabbage though.. that might be a problem.

"DINNER!" a male voice yells after a loud bang against the door. I never really understood my brother methods, either way he always scared the crap out of me.
"I'M COMING!" I yell back in the same tone shoving my phone under my pillow and jumping off my bed, throwing the door open. I look up at my brother, his 6'2 body towering over mine as he looks down flashing me a grin. I push him roughly and walk towards the stairs feeling him close behind me.

"Jared I'm aware we shared the womb but there is no reason for you to walk so close" I snort stopping abruptly at the bottom allowing him to plow into my back.
"I just wanted to know why you were all glowing and happy? Preggers big sis?"
"No, I'm not pregnant" I hiss punching my brother and shoving him into the dining room ahead of me, the last thing I needed was my Mom thinking I was pregnant.

"You're pregnant!?"
"No I'm not pregnant" I sigh glaring up at Jared who gave Jeremy, our other womb buddy a fist bump. We were triplets, Jared and Jeremy were Identical twins and I was the product of the second fertilized egg. I feel sorry for my Mom sometimes, 2 boys and a girl all in one go. She was one of those career Mom's, didn't marry but wanted kids. We were the product.

"MOM GUESS WHAT JENNY'S GOT A BUN IN THE OVEN!" Jeremy calls, I make to jump over the table only to have Jared hold me back and force me down into my chair. I settle for kicking Jeremy's shin under the table.

"TELL HER I DIDN'T MAKE ANY BUNS!" she calls back from the closed kitchen door. I groan and bury my head into my arms as the twosome laughs around me. I was born first yet someone that didn't matter when you had twin brothers of the same age.
____________________________________________________________________________

"This is really good Mom"
"Yeah sooooo good"
"The best dinner ever" I agree nodding in unison with my brothers.

Us three siblings all agree giving each other meaningful looks. We all knew we'd be slipping out after Mom went to bed to go get some pizza or even McDonalds anything at this point. We were complainers when we were younger but that that we were older we didn't complain about the food Mom made not even we visited anyways, and definitely not to her face. Not at this age anyways.

"So what was this news you had to share Jenny?"
"Yeah Jen-bear, you drove all the way here for some reason. Care to share why I'm here with you losers and not home with my lovely fiancee?" Jared asks with a smirk, I roll my eyes as Jeremy nods in agreement. The sad thing was he was engaged also, those poor poor girls.

I take a deep breath contemplating what I was actually going to do. Was I really going to do this alone, oh god how far was the front door in case I needed to run?
"I'm sure what ever sexually transmitted disease you got is curable-"
"- and if it isn't we'll still love you-"
"-don't worry though modern medicine has come far-"
"-I'm sure they can fix you up in a jiffy-"
"-we'll come to the clinic with you, if you need. For moral support of course-"
"-just don't touch us if it's contagious."

I watch as my Mom looks between my two brothers nervously before shooting a worried look at me. I rub the bridge of my nose shaking my head.

"I'm engaged you jackasses" I snap watching them all freeze. Food literally falls out of Jared's mouth before my Mom lets out and ear piercing screech.
"OHHHHHH MY BABY!"
"He finally asked?"
"Malkin popped the question?"
"Are you pregnant?" My Mom questions after a moment, she peers at me over her glasses while my brothers hold back their chuckles.

I love how they think the only reason someone would marry me is if they knocked me up.
Lovely.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was having some issues in regards to my 'Got A Secret' plot. I obviously haven't updated that in a few weeks cause I've been busy and I little blocked with that story line. There are ways I want to go with it, but have yet to actually write it out. This is my little brain child that came during writers block. Enjoy and review.