Status: Active

Wedding Season

He Loves Pizza

I feel the smile creep onto my face as I pull into the drive-way and turn off the ignition happy to be home. Evgeni and I had lived together for a year and a half now and the sight of the home we now shared always brought a smile to my face. It wasn't overly large but he had definitely spent a fair amount on it, enough that when he brought me with him to see it my jaw dropped slightly. It was only about 10 times larger then the apartment I shared at the time.

"I'm home!" I yell into the house, throwing the car keys into the bowl by the door, Evgeni didn't think it was necessary but he was the one who always lost the keys to the cars and not me. Looking into the living room I see Evgeni's head pop up a large smile filling his features as I approach and fall over the back of the low coach onto his lap.

"You drive fast, you say not home until 6" he pretends to pout leaning in and pressing a kiss onto my forehead. I shrug and snuggle into his side turning my attention towards the game highlights he was currently watching.
“I like to go fast.”

Evgeni mumbles something under his breath before laughing, “That’s why you get ticket and I don’t.” Scoffing I shake my head. He had a lead foot, cops just don’t like to give one of their hometown heroes speeding tickets. Evgeni was a sneaky Russian.

“Did you eat yet? I can make you something if you want” I offer snuggling deeper into his side. I didn’t really want to leave the couch I was tired but he could probably con me into cooking dinner if he was cute enough.

“I order food, be here soon.” he explains stroking my hair as my head lay on his chest. Evgeni was always so warm and you could often find us in this position when we were home.
"Do I want to know what you ordered?" I question not really looking forward to the food coming, it wasn't much of a problem his food choice but him trying to order food never turned out well. Half the time they just delivered what the computer said the last order was because they either couldn't understand his thick accent or his broken English.

It was horrible the last time he tried to order Chinese.

"Pizza, Sid come over soon too, as I say. You not home till 6"

I roll my eyes, I was indeed a few hours early, and clearly the man date had been scheduled ahead of time. I let my eyes close in contentment for a few moments as the murmuring of the television continued to play in the background. I doubted he was watching it; it was a Two and a Half Men re-run that I knew was most likely too fast paced for him to fully follow.

“You say Mom happy, she come soon?” he questions quietly, I nod letting a smile tug on my lips as he places a kiss on my forehead just as the doorbell rings.

In three seconds flat I was abandon on the couch while my fiancée ran towards the front door, he didn’t know if it was the pizza or Sidney but I’m sure at this point he didn’t care. There were two other things that Evgeni loved in life, pizza and Sidney, those two things were right up there with me and kittens. He was pretty manly wasn’t he?

“Is Jen home yet?” I hear a voice question, ah Sidney.
“On couch, pizza come soon.”

I look up as the voices get closer feeling the exhaustion of the weekend taking over.
“Ah, the injured ones together once more” I tease ignoring the slight glare I got from Sidney. Sidney Crosby, everybody, still out with concussion symptoms and not happy about it.

“Did you have a good trip home, Jen?”
“Yes, sir. Now, shall I leave you two boys to eat and gossip?” I question moving from the couch. I had some work to do and would probably benefit from having a nice long bath.

“You don’t have to go-“
“No, she go work. Have more time for me later” Evgeni interrupts Sidney with a small smirk on his face. I giggle lightly and throw him a wink before standing and patting Sidney’s shoulder.

“You heard the man, I have a wild night to prepare for, have fun with you pizza and TV boys!” I call making my way towards the stairs, which would lead me up to my office.

I finally make my way up to my office, which was really our office seeing as there was also a desk for Evgeni in here. With a quick glance over my shoulder to make sure I had closed the door I pull out a stack of wedding magazines feeling a smile plaster itself on my face. Work, yeah right. I had a wedding to plan and a huge bathtub calling my name.

Who needed pizza and TV when you had wedding magazines and a bathtub?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm starting to write again! Enjoy