Gerard Way Is My Dad?

Chapter 62

December 11th 2007

"Here she is." A nurse said, walking in with my baby. "Who wants to hold her first?"

"My d-dad.I said, looking over at Gerard. Gerard looked shocked.

"Me? Hold her before you? No, Helena. You or Frank hold her." I shook my head at his answer. I repeated what I said to the nurse. She nodded and slowly walked to Gerard, handing him Ryanne. "She's...gorgeous." He whispered.

Ryanne had dark, almost purple eyes and spots of black hair on her soft, pale head. Gerard was careful not to hurt her. She was very very tiny and her body looked almost breakable. She was going to be short like me and Frank, it was obvious. Ryanne Ray Iero weighed 4 pounds 12 ounces at her birth. She was born at 3:42 AM on the morning of December 11th, 2007. Frank and the rest of the guys stood by me the whole time, ignoring the graphic scene that was taking place. They helped me hold my head high and they even yelled 'Push' a few times for me.

Frank was the next person to hold Ryanne. He held her close and tight but was careful not to hurt her fragile frame. It was unbelievable how little she really was. I watched his face light up and Ryanne blink her big, baby eyes. She reached up to Frank and he kissed her fingers, gently. I watched him touch her with a sweet grace to his motions.

We all got a turn to hold her. But, when I did, it was the proudest moment of my life. I brushed her hair with the tips of my fingers. Soon, she fell asleep in my arms. I suddenly because overwelmed with worry. What was I supposed to do? Keep holding her? Rock her? Frank gave me a small, warm smile and watched us. I gave him a bit of a confused look, really unsure about what to do. Frank just nodded and I continued rocking her the least bit. I kissed her forehead and make sure I supported her.

"She looks just like you, Helena." Mikey commented from the other side of the room. I heard a few 'yeahs' around.

"Really?" I said, quietly. "I think she looks like Frank more."

"I think she has Frank's nose." Gerard said, giggling softly. I looked at it and nodded, she did!

Then, Ryanne woke up and started to cry. Frank took her out of my arms and held her close. "What's wrong, baby? Daddy loves you." He cooed. Later, she fell back asleep in his arms and stayed that way for a bit.

Oh My God. He really is the world's best father.