Gerard Way Is My Dad?

Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of Mikey and Gerard shouting, and my phone ringing.

"Let me answer it, Gerard!" Mikey said.

"NO! I'm going to give Brik a piece of my mind!" I sighed and opened my eyes more.

"Let me get it!" I yelled at them both, drousy. I climbed out of Gerard's small bunk and snatched the phone from Gerard.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Helena. We need to talk." Brik didn't sound good at all.

"Brik I have to call you back okay?" I said, feeling Gerard giving me a look. I could feel Mikey pushing on Gerard a little.

"No, we have to talk now."

"Brik, I just woke up and Gerard and Mikey are getting on my nerves." I yawned for effect.

"Helena, this is really important. We have to talk," He said and I bit my lip.

"Okay, Hang on." I covered the reciever with my hand and gave Mikey and Gerard a look.

"Guys shut up and let me talk, please?" They nodded and walked out of the room, still shoving each other. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm back." I said, uncovering the phone. I sat down on the couch and curled up my legs to my face.

"Okay. Well...you remember what I said the other day?" Was he seriously asking this?

"Yeah."

"Do you feel the same way?"

Oh Shit.

"I..I...I..don't know. I'm only 15, Brik...I just don't...kn.know."

"Well...Helena. If you have feelings for me you should be able to tell. Age has nothing to do with it." Was he freakin' serious? I noticed my father peeking around the corner at me.

"Brik, give me time okay?" I said, quietly, trying not to cry.

"Helena, I don't know if I can. You are going to be gone all the time and I don't really want a long distance relationship."

So, he's breaking up with me and telling me he loves me?

"Brik, please don't do this right now. Can't we just talk later,please? Even if I'm sure if I love you, I still like you a hell of a lot." Mikey looked out the door at me too.

"Well, you never want to talk to me, Helena! And liking is a lot different than loving. We can't do this. It's not...right."

"Nothing is right in the real world, Brik. We just have to deal, okay? Can you just fucking give me some time, please? I don't want us to be over."

"Helena you are touring with My Chemical Romance. Gerard Way is your father! You think this is going to work when you are gone..all the time? Just forget it. We are over." He hung up. He hung up. WHY?

I threw the phone but Mikey came out and caught it before it was crushed against the dirty walls.

We are over. Gone. Forever. No more Brik and Helena.

"What's wrong, Helena?" Mikey said, sitting next to me. I pushed him away, violently.

"You can tell me." He said.

"Brik fucking broke up with me okay?" I got up and threw my phone into his lap as I walked off to the bathroom.

"But, I thought he loved her." Gerard said to Mikey.

"Me too."

I did too...