Status: Frerad one-shot.

I hate showing emotions, but I'd do it for you anyday.

Best Birthday Ever.

Gerard walked off the bus with a pack of smokes in his hand. He took one out, lit it up, and took a long drag from it. He sighed as he blew smoke out of his mouth. His whole body was still pumping with adrenaline from that night's show. It had to have been one of the best shows they've ever played. His voice was pure gold tonight, even he had to admit that. He had never sounded better. Michale was exceptional, he was almost as good as Bob was. Almost, but not quite. Mikey had actually had an amazing stage presence. He let himself interact with Ray and Gerard. His brother had never looked happier. He laughed as he remembered Ray's shocked face as Mikey slowly started to tease him, almost like a battle. Ray's face had literally said "What the FUCK!?" It was so damn funny. And Ray and Frank! I mean, what even!? Ray went all out. He always gave 200%, but tonight he totally rocked it. And Frank... Gerard's heart accelerated at the thought of his boyfriend. Frank had just been amazing. No, that didn't even cut it, not even close. There were not words to describe how truly amazing Frank had been. He was just that good.
Gerard threw his cigarette out and leaned against the bus. He breathed in the cool, autumn air, his whole body relaxing. His eyes closed and he smiled. He was fully please with everything that had happened tonight.
The bus door banged open and Mikey, Ray, and Frank all walked out. Frank already had a smoke in hand, of course. Mikey and Ray were smiling hugely and Gerard was just happy to see them again.
"Dude! We fucking rocked tonight! What a fucking amazing show!" Ray exclaimed. He was practically bouncing up and down from excitement.
"Hell yeah! I don't know what came over me, but it sure did scare the shit outta you, Ray," Mikey agreed. They all laughed.
"You fucking creeped on me outta no where! Of course I was scared!" Ray laughed.
"We all did amazing! It was like our souls were being possessed by Rock gods or something!" Frank said, his huge smile shining brightly in the moonlight. Gerard caught his eye and they both blushed, looking away quickly.
Mikey and Ray looked at each other, snickered, and left the two men alone. Everything was suddenly quite and tense. Frank kind of turned away, but Gerard had placed his hand on his shoulder. Frank turned back.
"You were so fucking amazing tonight, love. I was starstruck watching you," Gerard whispered sheepishly. Frank gave him half a smile.
"Thanks. You were amazing too. I have NEVER heard your voice like that before!" Frank complimented him back.
Gerard's hand found Franks and he intertwined their fingers. Frank gave a slight gasp and Gerard's heart melted. He turned to face the shorter man, and he bent to kiss him. Frank eagerly accepted, pushing his lips against Gerard's, and everything else was lost.
Frank snaked his hands around Gerard's waist, earning him a small moan from Gerard. Gerard pushed Frank against the bus, fingers searching his back eagerly. They both took deep breaths through their noses, trying to restore oxygen back into their lungs. Frank finally couldn't breath at all and he pushed away from his boyfriend. Gerard was gasping, trying to catch his breath.
"Come to bed with me?" Gerard asked hopefully. Frank gave a him a nod, and they took each others hands and walked back onto the bus.
They ignored Mikey and Ray's comments of "Oooh!" and "Get some!" as they walked. Neither men had even thought about sex. They didn't want it, not yet anyways.
Frank slipped under the sheets and closed his eyes. Gerard watched him for a minuted until Frank's eyes fluttered open again.
"So, Gee, what do you wanna do for your birthday? You do know it's tomorrow, don't you?" Frank joked. Gerard smiled.
"I just want a hell of a show and some time with you, that's all," Gerard answered modestly. He never wanted anything more than a good show. He loved his fans too much to care about anything else.
Frank sighed. He knew he wasn't good at showing emotion, he never was. That's why it was so hard to please Gerard. Gerard always said Frank breathing was more than enough for him, but he knew it wasn't. He wanted to do something. He truly did, but he didn't know what.
Gerard sighed and cuddled into Frank, burying his face in Frank's neck. "Goodnight, Frank. I love you," He mumbled.
"I love you, too," Frank whispered back.
Soon Gerard was out cold and he was left in his own thoughts. What could he get him? He sat there forever trying to figure it out when it suddenly came to him.
"Holy shit! We've never been on an actual date!" Frank whispered to himself. Now he knew exactly what he was going to do for Gerard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, day and night came and went and soon Ray, Mikey, Frank, and Gerard were bouncing up and down backstage. They always freaked after a show. Ray and Mikey were literally doing jumping jacks in the corner and Frank and Gerard were resting on the couch. Frank gulped, and slowly rested his hands on the base of Gerard's neck. Gerard turned to question his actions but Frank whispered, "I hope that was a good enough show for you. Happy Birthday, love," And he kissed him. It was slow and full of passion. Everything Gerard had ever wanted from Frank and more. It was deep and personal and it scared Frank, but he'd do anything for his love. Gerard pulled away, questioning him. But Frank just stood and offered his hand to Gerard. Gerard took it.
"Frank, baby, what are you doing?" Gerard asked.
"Hush, just come with me," Frank replied. He pulled them back to the bus, and Gerard expected nothing out of the ordinary, but that's not exactly what happened.
The bus had been transformed into a restaurant, sorta, and Gerard gasped slightly.
"Happy Birthday," Frank whispered, pulling a chair out for him. Gerard sat, dumbfounded.
"Y-you did this for me?" Gerard breathed. He was so speechless by his boyfriend's actions.
Frank nodded. "Look, I know I'm not enough for you, because I hate showing emotion. But I'd do it any day for you. I love you so much, Gerard, even though it sometimes doesn't seem like it. I really do. Your the best thing that's ever happened to me," Frank rambled on. He caught himself, his eyes widening slightly.
"Frank, you'll always be enough for me. You don't think so, but it's true. I know it's hard for you, I really do, but that's why I love you, because even though you can't show it, I always know that you love me. Your all I even needed and even wanted. I love you so much, baby. Thank you so much," Gerard replied to him. They both sat there, staring into each others eyes. Then they both simultaneously leaned across the tabled and kissed. This, Gerard thought, is the best birthday ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, because where I live it is officially Gerard's birthday, I decided to write a short story. I hope you guys like it! xD
P.S. it's a one-shot.