Status: Completed

One Wild Night

Forever

Marissa stood in front of the mirror, wringing her hands nervously.

"Marissa?"

She looked up. Cecelia had poked her head into the room.

"Oh, my God!" she exclaimed softly. "You're beautiful."

"I WANNA SEE!" came Carmen's voice from the hallway.

Marissa laughed as Cecelia rolled her eyes and walked into the room, closely followed by Carmen, Sabrina, Jess, and Marie. They all gathered around Marissa, complimenting her.

Her hair was a mass of curls piled on top of her head and adorned with tiny sprigs of baby's breath. She had applied shimmery white eyeshadow, a hint of eyeliner, and pale pink lipgloss. The dress she wore was simple: strapless and white, the bodice was form-fitting and the skirt was long and flowing. She'd paired it with white heels.

"How are you feeling?" Jess questioned once Marissa had waved them away.

"Terrified," Marissa admitted. "I never wanted to get married. It's such a big step. I mean...after today, everything changes."

"Nothing changes," Sabrina argued. "You guys already act like a married couple. This is just making it legit."

Marissa didn't say anything. Sabrina was actually right. For the last two months, Marissa and Brian had been undoubtedly together. Everyone knew. Marissa had even discovered that there were pictures of her online and Avenged Sevenfold fans were gossiping about her. There were a few images of Jacob, but no one in the fan community could say definitively that he was Brian's. That was fine with Marissa and Brian both. Crazy, obsessed fans could do some really weird things when upset or jealous.

"There's no reason to be terrified," Cecelia said soothingly. "You love Brian and he loves you. Y'all have a life together, with Jacob. Y'all are a family. He proposed to you because he wants the world to know. With that marriage certificate, no one can dispute his claim on you, or yours on him."

Marissa smiled. She liked that idea. She liked it a lot.

"And he wants you forever," Cecelia added, happy to see her best friend smiling.

"I want him forever," Marissa said, eyes fixed on her sparkling engagement ring.

There was a tap on the door and Mrs. Wolf slipped into the room. "Girls, y'all need to get ready to--" she broke off, her gaze on her daughter. "Marissa, you look beautiful!"

"See you out there, sweetie." Cecelia hugged Marissa, then led the other girls out of the room.

The door shut behind them, leaving Marissa alone with her mom.

"Are you okay?" Mrs. Wolf asked.

Marissa nodded. "Yeah. A little nervous, though."

"That's only natural."

"Mom?"

"What, honey?"

"Am I doing the right thing?"

Mrs. Wolf approached her daughter and touched her cheek. "I have never seen you as happy as you are with Brian, and he adores you. And he's a wonderful father to his son. Things between y'all have been hectic and dramatic and crazy, but y'all are stronger for it." She gave Marissa a reassuring smile. "So yes, I believe you're doing the right thing. And your father agrees."

Marissa hugged Mrs. Wolf tightly.

"I'd better go," Mrs. Wolf said, sniffling a bit as she pulled away. "They'll be ready for you soon and I'm not racing the bride down the aisle."

Marissa giggled.

"I love you."

"I love you, too, Mom."

Mrs. Wolf left. Marissa picked up her bouquet of white roses, took a deep breath, and emerged from the room.

The music started and the bridesmaids glided to the altar, each of them arm in arm with her significant other. Finally, it was Marissa's time to shine. With her dad at her side, she started for the altar.

They were barely three steps into the chapel when Marissa's eyes met Brian's. His smile widened, and his dark eyes were bright with a happiness that matched what she was feeling. And in that instant, all of her doubts and fears vanished.

Mr. Wolf handed her over with a quick kiss on the cheek. Just before she and Brian turned to face the minister, Brian paused and mouthed "I love you."

Marissa grinned even as her eyes filled with tears. "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided it was time for this story to end. There's really nowhere else I can take it. I hope this is the ending everyone wanted to see. LOL!

Thank you to everyone who read, subscribed, and commented!

Special thanks to:

CertifiedWaffle
Emochick920
shelbyvengeance
Kalei Gates
Vixyn Of Shadows
Ashers Absolution (thank you for loving Jimmy. Ha ha)

And, ya know, if you want to, you can check out the new story I've started posting called Love Isn't Always Fair. =)