Status: Completed

One Wild Night

A Few Ground Rules

The next morning, Marissa, Carmen, Jess, and Zacky arrived at Dr. Clifton's office at eleven-fifteen. Brian was already there.

The test consisted of nothing more than obtaining bits of DNA from Zacky, Brian, and the baby (which was basically just a bundle of cells at this point). Marissa wished getting the results would be so fast and easy, but Dr. Clifton told them it could be anywhere from four days to a week before the results came in.

"God," Marissa said, trudging out into the midday sunshine with Zacky, Jess, and Carmen. "I just want this to be over."

Trailing along behind them, Brian muttered, "Amen."

Carmen and Jess both threw malevolent glares over their shoulders.

Zacky stopped walking and faced Marissa. "Why don't we go out tonight? All of us. It's been a stressful couple of weeks and I think everyone needs to let off a little steam."

"That sounds fun," Marissa said, catching the eager expressions on Carmen's and Jess's faces.

"Bri!" Zacky called.

Marissa, Jess, and Carmen turned to see that Brian was already unlocking his car. He looked up, face a blank mask.

"You coming to the club tonight?"

Brian lifted a shoulder and slid in behind the wheel of his BMW.

"I wouldn't want him to be noncommittal or anything," Marissa drawled sarcastically.

"Ignore him." Zacky slipped an arm around her waist, ushering her towards his Durango.

Carmen and Jess exchanged a glance. Once in the vehicle, Marissa rested her forehead against the window. She couldn't stop thinking about the test. The following days were going to crawl by, and she was going to be counting every second of every minute of every hour.

"Marissa?"

Marissa realized the Durango was no longer moving. Through the window, she could see Carmen and Jess crossing the yard to the porch.

Marissa looked round. Zacky was studying her, a frown marring his features.

"Sorry. I was..."

"In another world, obviously," Zacky finished for her.

"Yeah," Marissa agreed. "The world where all this shit never happened."

"Listen, I know this isn't something you can ever completely forget. But please, for tonight, push it to the back of your mind. Cut loose and have a good time. For me."

Marissa was momentarily caught up in his cat green eyes and words abandoned her completely.

"Marissa." Zacky touched her face. "Promise me you'll let it go tonight."

She nodded. "I promise I'll try."

He smiled. "That's good enough for me."

Suddenly, Carmen burst out of the house. She ran up to the door and Zacky immediately opened it.

"We have a problem!" Carmen cried.

"What?" Zacky and Marissa demanded simultaneously.

"We don't have anything to wear," Carmen answered. "We didn't expect to be going out and stuff, so we didn't bring anything club-worthy."

Zacky's eyes glittered with amusement. Marissa gave Carmen a disbelieving look. "You're telling me that the bat bitches, who are always the sexiest bitches anywhere, don't have anything they deem worthy of a club in Huntington Beach?"

"Yeah! That's what I'm telling you!"

Marissa and Carmen both looked at Zacky. He rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. "Get your girls. It looks like we're going shopping."

****

"Pretty soon, I won't be able to dress like this," Marissa commented, checking her reflection in the full-length mirror on the door of Zacky's bathroom.

"You're going to be the sexiest pregnant girl ever," Carmen stated, zipping up her tiny black skirt.

"Too true," Jess agreed.

"Okay." Carmen tugged Jess in front of the mirror. "Are we hot enough?"

Marissa was wearing a hot pink corset lined with black lace, black boyshorts, and chunky black knee-high boots. Carmen's outfit consisted of a white spaghetti-strapped top with her black miniskirt and slutty heels. Jess was also clad in a skirt, though this one was plaid, a white wifebeater, and boots identical to Marissa's.

Jess nodded. "Oh, yeah. We're hot enough."

The girls went downstairs, where Cecelia, Sabrina, and Zacky were waiting. Sabrina and Cecelia were both dressed in black miniskirts and tube tops (Cecelia's blue and Sabrina's crimson).

"Damn!" Zacky exclaimed. "I'm a lucky man tonight!"

The group of six walked outside and piled into Zacky's Durango. They drove to Johnny's Bar, a hang out of the Avenged boys since their high school years.

Matt, Jimmy, Johnny, JB, and Matty were already gathered at the bar.

"Hey, Doll." Matt greeted Marissa with a kiss on the cheek. "You look amazing."

Marissa blushed. "Thanks."

"Rissa!" Carmen beckoned from where she and Jess were dancing together. "C'mon! You know you wanna shake your ass!"

"I'd like to see that," Zacky said.

Jimmy arched an eyebrow. "Why? You've seen her naked. How could it get any better?"

Marissa rolled her eyes. "Jimmy, please..."

"What?" Jimmy said innocently. "I'm just being honest."

"Rissa!" Carmen called again.

Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" was starting on the bar's PA system.

"What the hell." Marissa sashayed out onto the dance floor.

Singing loudly, the girls worked it to the beat. "Just Dance" bled into Shakira's "She-Wolf." Strong arms encircled Marissa's waist and she twisted a little to find Zacky behind her. He gave her a small smile.

Marissa didn't hesitate. She continued moving with the music, her body pressed firmly against his. Before the song even ended, a hand closed around Marissa's arm and jerked her away from Zacky.

"Excuse me? What the hell?" Carmen snapped.

It took Marissa a second to register what was happening around her. She instinctively wrenched her arm free, then looked up. Brian was standing in front of her.

Carmen, Jess, Cecelia, and Sabrina were all glaring at Brian.

"Would you mind telling us what the hell you think you're doing!?" Carmen snarled.

"This--" Brian gestured at Marissa and Zacky. "--is not happening."

"Who died and made you their daddy?" Jess said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Brian ignored her and addressed Marissa. "I don't want you with Zacky. If that baby is mine, I don't want him raising it."

"Fair enough," Marissa said calmly.

"And I don't think you should stay with him anymore."

"Okay. What do you propose?"

"She's not staying with you," Zacky cut in belligerently.

Brian sneered. "I don't want her there. I was going to suggest she stay with Shads." He glanced over his shoulder at Matt, who was talking to Jimmy at the bar.

Zacky, Marissa, Cecelia, Sabrina, Carmen, and Jess all followed his gaze. Matt froze with his beer halfway to his lips. "What?"

"How do you feel about sharing your living space?" Marissa inquired.

Matt's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "With who?"

Marissa smiled sweetly. "Me."

Matt grinned. "Well, hell yeah! I'd love to have your company, Doll."

Carmen gave Brian a sour look. "Satisfied?"

"Not particularly," Brian replied. "But I'll take what I can get." He sauntered to the bar.

"Asshole," Carmen muttered.

Marissa watched Brian for a few seconds, then walked over to Matt. "Can we leave?"

"Don't let him ruin your night," Matt urged.

"I'm not. I just...I'm tired."

Matt nodded and drained his beer. "Alright. Let's go." He got to his feet, draped his arm around Marissa's shoulders, and headed for the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wanted to let you guys know that I soon may only be updating once a week. Next week is going to be very busy, and then the following week I will hopefully be starting a new job. But, if I get five comments on this chapter by tomorrow night, I will post another update when I sign in.

So....enjoy, comment, and subscribe! =)